main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Does anyone else actually like Anakin's "NOOOO" added in ROTJ?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Seagoat, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Lulu: Agreed but a difference in perception doesn't automatically equal wrong, either.

2. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I actually would have to agree with Cushing here. I'm going to undermine an absolute with an absolute in saying that there's no such thing as an untrue perception. People will interpret things as they will, regardless of whether or not it was meant to be interpreted as that.
    If people like you and I like it, then excellent! Our perceptions are on the positive end of the spectrum. If other people dislike it because for them personally, it changes the context or comes across as insulting, then it's not exactly anyone's place to say "No, you're wrong"

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Like I said, some mirroring is good, I expect the ST to have some mirroring moments back to the OT and PT but this one seems like overkill. I can be flexible but this stretches the imagination a bit too much. If Luke is to die in Episode 7 to mirror Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon I will be ticked.

Oberst Hans Landa likes this.
  4. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Cushing's Admirer and Seagoat
    I'm not saying that someone is wrong for disagreeing with me and I'm not saying that someone's wrong for reaching false conclusions. I'm saying that some fans are assuming something that can't be true.
    Is this in any way unclear?

Andy Wylde likes this.
  5. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
  6. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Lulu: I'm just leaving it be. I don't want friction. Good day.

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  7. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    I didn't mind, but I also didn't see it as mirroring, since it is one of the most common words in the English language. Maybe that was the intention, who knows.

Andy Wylde and Darth Raiden like this.
  8. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    CA: Neither do I. A good day to you, too :)

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  9. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    The argument that this change improves the scene because it rhymes with the PT is a weak one. ROTJ already paralleled the similar bit in ROTS and did it well enough. Well, as well as Lucas can do so anyway. The Nooooooo is redundant in that context.

Hell, it's not even MIXED well. I seriously thought a fan added that as a joke when I first saw the scene. Granted I was partly right. The change WAS a joke. Just like pretty much all of them.

10. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Good day to you.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  11. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Reading this post and others i believe that a lot of Star Wars fans out there hate star wars and love to bash it and anything Lucas does. Sad

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    a lot of Star Wars fans out there hate star wars

[face_laugh]

13. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    1) You can be a fan of a work and not necessarily be a fan of the creator. IMHO Lucas got lucky in 1977 and has been riding on that success ever since supported by those more talented than he.

2) Lucas has no one to blame but himself for the animosity of SW fans.

sharkymcshark and Force Smuggler like this.
  14. FRAGWAGON

Nov 3, 2012
    I remember a golden time when fans liked the movies, too. Back when the playground was the Internet.

15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I would call Lucas a creative genius for coming up with the concept of Star Wars in the first place and for giving us this universe.

But he seems to know nothing about storytelling, including the basic rule of "be consistent."

It's funny because he seems to grasp that concept regarding effects; he said in an interview once that he had to make a decision about whether there would be sound in space and apply that decision across the board.

But he could not or would not apply that same consistent decision-making to the story itself.

16. FRAGWAGON

Nov 3, 2012
    Noooooooo!!

Andy Wylde and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  17. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh, I didn't mean it to come across like Lucas deserves no credit at all. I just feel that many fans forget or dislike acknowledging the fact that Star Wars' continual success is due to a strong collaboration. So many talented hands went into the creation of SW that shaped GL's initial ideas and made them brilliant.

18. Among the Clouds

Among the Clouds Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2001
    Yes. And I'll tell you why.

After twenty plus years in the suit, Vader is again overwhelmed with love and emotion for someone dear to him. The darkness in his heart finally regresses, and the man who has been doing the will of the Emperor for so long finally pushes back the pendulum. A robot would not feel much in that instance, simply carrying out the duty of destroying the Emperor. But a man, long-thought to have been lost to the dark side, returns to the light. And with the return of his goodness, he see and hear the manifestation of his emotions within. In this case, we hear him say and yello the word "no." We're merely hearing what Vader is thinking at that point, and it fits hand in hand with what Obi-Wan said of Vader being more machine than man because we now know that it's not true anymore.

19. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    If anyone actually likes that addition...
    I don't want to know you.

sharkymcshark likes this.
  20. FRAGWAGON

Nov 3, 2012
    Good day to you.

21. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Too bad, and here I was thinking you wanted to be friends

22. Oberst Hans Landa

Oberst Hans Landa Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 12, 2014

YOU'RE WRONG!

23. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    I believe the kids today use the phrase 'LOL your wrong', grammatical crime though it might be. That's what they say when I tell them to get the hell off my lawn, anyway.

Then it's a quick blast from the scattergun and a couple of quiet commands to the Dobermans. Cue the tired, bored visit from the local constabulary with hysterical parents in tow - and that's my typical Saturday afternoon.

Sarge, WhiskeyGold, FRAGWAGON and 3 others like this.
  24. Oberst Hans Landa

Oberst Hans Landa Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 12, 2014
  25. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    [​IMG]