main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Got a question? Ask it here

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Kabers, Nov 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Yoda was merely testing Luke's patience during their first couple scenes in ESB.

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  2. Darth Ardyti

Darth Ardyti Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 1, 2014
    Okay, I have a question (hope it hasn't already been asked and answered and I just didn't see it...). It's not a big deal, but got to wondering:

Is 'Bail' an actual name, or is it possible that it was/is a political title on Alderaan? I knew who Bail Organa was, and I've seen people use Bail as if it were his first name, but I was re-watching The Phantom Menace and noticed where they mentioned a "Bail Antilles of Alderaan", so I was wondering about this other possibility.

3. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    It's a name, presumably a common one on Alderaan.

4. Darth Ardyti

Darth Ardyti Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 1, 2014
    Cool, thanks.

5. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I had thought that that was actually a little error, and it was meant to be Organa. I seem to remember reading that he was meant to have a brief scene in TPM actually, but there were some scheduling conflicts with the actor meant to portray him (don't know if they had chosen Smits at that point)

6. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Not sure if this is the right thread to ask in, but does anyone know what exact cybernetics Lumiya had? I think I read on Wookieepedia she had blasters put in her hands(WTH), but they kept saying she "needed numerous cybernetics to survive" after Luke shot down her TIE fighter.

7. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    More one for the EUC or Literature forums.

8. juliet92

juliet92 Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2013
    Why were the clones replaced later by normal troops? Wouldn't it be much easier to maintain a clone-army?

9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The growth acceleration.

juliet92 likes this.
  10. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    And they were not replaced so much as supplemented, though they eventually did become a minority among the Empire's army. They were still producing Fett clones even after the Clone Wars had ended.

Iron_lord likes this.
  11. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    I'd like to think of it as a James, Jeff, Joe, Bobby, Nick, or Matt. ;)

12. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    But if you watch some of the Clone Wars episodes or even read some books or play some games, we see that the Empire destroyed the cloning facility shortly after the Clone Wars had ended.

13. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    Then it seems our EU resources differ.
    Logically, I see no sound reason for the Empire to remove the Fett clones. They're easily reproduced in large scale forces, highly trained, cloned from the galaxy's most successful bounty hunter, who was a mandalorian no less. It's pointless to stop producing them

Iron_lord likes this.
  14. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Maybe they were clonist?

Darth Dominikkus and Seagoat like this.
  15. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I think the reason given was "clones are either 100% with you or 100% against you".

After Fett clones had been used against the Empire by the Kaminoans, they started being distrusted.

Darth Dominikkus likes this.
  16. TheMohawkNinja

TheMohawkNinja Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2014
    Under normal circumstances, how would a Jedi who found a Force-sensitive infant, go about bringing him/her to the Jedi Academy and having them accepted (and therefore eventually trained) as a youngling?

17. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Saw this on Facebook:

[​IMG]

This can't be true, is it?

Darth Dominikkus likes this.
  18. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    I've heard of that, actually, but it doesn't make much sense considering the word "Sith" didn't make its first appearance in the movies until 1999...

19. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    TheMohawkNinja

As far as I know, the Jedi asks the parents if they're willing to give custody of the kid to the Jedi Order. If yes, the kid is brought to Coruscant. If not, nothing happens.

20. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    Well, you're right that it doesn't make much sense, but your reasoning is a bit off. The image presents completely false information. The Sith were officially established in 1976 -- before any British band debuted -- since that's when the first Star Wars novelization was released (specifically December 1976). It included the word Sith by referring to Darth Vader as a Dark Lord of the Sith.

Edit: Padawan Fangirl

You can rest assured that it's completely false. The timeline doesn't fit at all.

This Star Wars draft dated from January of 1976 also includes the word Sith.

http://www.blueharvest.net/scoops/anh-script.shtml

A variety of drafts from the following site also contain the word Sith, some dated as early as 1974 (in those, it seems as though they were called Knights of the Sith).
    http://starwarz.com/starkiller/category/star-wars-scripts/star-wars-star-wars-scripts/

Sarge, Padawan Fangirl and Iron_lord like this.
  21. TheMohawkNinja

TheMohawkNinja Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2014
    I understand that, but what I want to know is what happens when the child gets to the Academy on Coruscant. Do they just drop him off and go "here's another one!", or does the child have to go through the Council first (similar to what young Anakin Skywalker had to do, but without the catch that he was too old), or what?

22. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    If the child is on the old side compared to the norm (Ki Adi-Mundi was four when he arrived at the temple) I could see the Order questioning him in a similar way - otherwise, I doubt it.

23. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Yeah, it's hard to "question" a 6 month to 18 month old.

24. DBZGTKOSDH

DBZGTKOSDH Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2013
    Where does The Clone Wars contradict The Force Unleashed?

25. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    At one point, it was tweeted that the Onderon Rebels (against the CIS) will grow into the Rebel Alliance (against the Empire) - with the idea being that therefore - the alliance can't be formed as late as TFU.

However - there's nothing supporting that tweet in the episode itself.

Similarly - there's nothing actually blocking a late merger of the biggest Alliance groups - at the moment.