main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightsabers & Blasters Custom Saber Shop

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by RyanForder, Mar 5, 2014.

1. RyanForder

RyanForder Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 3, 2014
    I don't know what the best place to put this is so Mod's please feel free to move this wherever you see fit.

Back on topic, Has anyone used the Custom Saber Shop to build there own Lightsaber?

I want to build certain lightsabers which are not sold by Hasbro i.e. Darth Sidious's.

If anyone has used them, what do you think of them? Was it easy to build? and any other feedback you may have.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'm going to move this over to Costuming & Props and tag it. Hopefully you'll get an answer there.

3. RyanForder

RyanForder Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 3, 2014

Thank you

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    No problems! :)

5. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    When I made mine, I just used one of the Big Yellow Box (don't know if they're still around) designs, a dremel tool, and some plumbing parts. Greatest thing about it was the look on the Home Depot employees when I'd tell them what I'm using the parts for. o_O

6. Master Valon

Master Valon Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 19, 2012
    Don't know if you are still wondering about this but I've used TCSS to build a few sabers. It's awesome. They have their own forums which have a bunch of awesome info/tutorial/build threads and all that which are super helpful. It's relatively easy to build a saber from them. You don't need to do any machine work or anything, all the parts screw together. And the electronics are pretty simple, although if this is your first time picking up a soldering iron I'd recommend practicing on scrap wire just to get the hang of it. If you need any help beyond basic stuff feel free to PM me and I can walk you through it!