main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    The whole thing sounds amazing.

Even bloody Talzin is gotten rid of, proven to be an illusion together with her magic. =D=

I haven't seen anything yet, but I'm really looking forward it. I don't understand the negativity.

By the way, the Yoda arc should be placed as late in the war as possible. The story sounds like it takes place a few days before RotS (even though it really can't be placed that close in a timeline).

2. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007

3. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    "SACRIFICE TRIVIA GALLERY
    WHAT'S IN A NAME?
    At the start of story development, the Sith world was called Korriban, but George Lucas preferred to change its name to Moraband. A world so ancient could have been known by different names in different eras."

Lucas changed the name, but it's still the same world and the other name is not decanonized. Crisis averted.

4. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    WORST CONTINUITY EVAR

5. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    My headcanon is that his appearance in the episode is either:

a) Generic old Sith armor, since Yoda didn't personally know what he looked like. (more likely)

b) His armor from his Sith Trooper days (my preferred one)

darthosaka and darthcaedus1138 like this.
  6. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Oh my god guys.

Oh.

My.

God.

They did it.

They actually did it.

The Clone Wars has done something magical.

I've only read the episode guides, and I'm stunned.

They did it.

They did something entirely creative and visually stunning, something the show is good at doing, and have blended it with one of the most mind-blowing, random, weird aspect of some of the much weirder Star Wars stuff.

All while staying true to the EU, mostly.

The show has realized its true potential.

Now I'm actually upset that it's cancelled.

7. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    I like this take on the Sith spirits and undead. That they lose their power and tangible forms when no longer powered by the living beings's fear of them. This also seems to reaffirm the older lore from the TOTJ comics, where Sith spirits only appeared to people in close proximity to their graves and then stuck with them like parasites (Freedon Nadd and Exar Kun, Marka Ragnos and his cultists, Naga Sadow and that Jedi Padawan in TOR).

Wonder who the giant talking snake represents? Maybe this can be retconned into another Sith spirit? :cool:

8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I actually prefer Banes new look to his old salad-helmet one

darthosaka likes this.
  9. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    So do I, to be honest.

I mostly like the second retcon so I can imagine an entire army of guys dressed like that.

About Scipio: Didn't the old episode guide say that Scipio used to be a warrior blank that joined the Banking Clan? Cause I remember there being something like that, with the name and Clovis' armor hinting at kind of a Roman culture.

10. srd5090

srd5090 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 2, 2012
    Can someone post a picture of what Darth Bane looks like in the new episodes? I can't watch until I get home from work later today and am wondering what he looks like.

11. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    [​IMG]

12. srd5090

Dec 2, 2012
    Thank you! Interesting design. I have to say, it does look a little better than the orbalisk armor.

darthosaka likes this.
  13. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Wow, I think Bane's new look is better than his Orbalisk armor. Now I need to re-read that trilogy and picture that in my head the whole time...with Mark Hamill's voice! (Can't wait to hear it; watching them chronologically, one arc a day probably, so I won't see the Yoda arc for a few days. I won't be in this thread for a while, needless to say.)

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  14. srd5090

Dec 2, 2012
    You could do what I'm doing, and plan to watch the Yoda arc first to get the scoop on the craziness, and then going backwards. I've only seen the Clone Wars movie (which I didn't like) but will be giving the rest of the series a chance now.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  15. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Oh, I've seen the whole series except S6. I may consider doing that...my brothers are going to watch with me and we'll come to a consensus. I kind of like the idea of the Yoda arc being the finale, because the first episode of the show was about Yoda (Ambush) so having the last episode also about Yoda is totally fitting.

Jedi Merkurian and darthosaka like this.
  16. Mat Skywalker

Mat Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Man i cant wait to marathon the season, how was Mark Hamill's performance ?

17. TychoCorde

TychoCorde Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 3, 2012
    Now I can't wait to get home to see these. I only watched the "Fives" arc so far before work. It made me remember why I liked this show. If they would have done more like this than silly arc like "The Droids and the Frog commander" I think EU fans would have been a smidge more forgiving.

18. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    Heh, rereading the Bane article on Wookieepedia: "The two Sith Lords matched wills, each trying to push the other out and into the great void from which there was no return. Bane's body was destroyed, turned to ash by the power of the ritual. "

His ghost in the episode consists of smouldering ash...

19. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Too bad Doom and the Fantastic Four are owned by Fox (like how Sony owns Spider-Man)

darthosaka and darthcaedus1138 like this.
  20. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    Film rights yes, everything else is Marvel owned or should I say Disney ?

I wouldn't doubt a Marvel and SW animated crossover ;)

darthosaka likes this.
  21. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Amusingly enough, one of the Clone Captains from the arc is based off of Doctor Doom.
    [​IMG]

22. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    All of this will make for an interesting Clone Wars viewing weekend. I am very glad about the Moraband=Korriban business. I like the new the new Darth Bane look quite a bit and the Dr. Doom trooper, even though I am not the biggest fan of the series they deserve credit where credit is due.

23. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    Doom trooper needs a spinoff

24. srd5090

Dec 2, 2012
    So are we confident that Moriban really is another name for THE Korriban?

25. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    Indeed, but then the episode guide goes on to say that Darth Bane underwent a "redesign to define his canonical look".;)

Revanfan1 likes this.