main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. srd5090

srd5090 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 2, 2012
    Hmm well this is good news. Is there a master list now of all the Clone Wars inconsistencies somewhere? And the proposed interpretations or solutions for continuity's sake?

The "Battle for Korriban" has met a decent conclusion. We aren't out of the woods yet, I know, the Sequels cometh.

2. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Saw the Yoda arc. That last episode has to make the Luke fans very happy. :)

MasterSkywalker86 likes this.
  3. srd5090

Dec 2, 2012
    Are you talking about the Bane voice acting ?

4. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002

Nope, about Yoda finding out that "there's another Skywalker", that his destiny is to train him, and that the way to defeat the Sith "for all time" is through him even if the Clone Wars are lost.

5. Mat Skywalker

Mat Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    :) nailed it

Edit: expect a certain thread to be please by that

Revanfan1 likes this.
  6. srd5090

Dec 2, 2012
    Sounds awesome!

Revanfan1 likes this.
  7. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Does Yoda's hand twitch after the encounter?

8. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    For what it's worth, I'm not. They would've killed Oppo and other canon destroying things much worse. One more arc and I think they were gonna kill Aurra Sing. We got lucky in most of the cases here. Plus I just wanted an ending.

But I'm happy with the one we got. The only wildcard now is the continuity of the Maul episodes, but I'm confident that Dark Horse will keep things consistent enough for that one. I do however, wish those episodes were animated. Even if Talzin now has a potential ending, Maul should've gotten an onscreen one. That will forever remain the show's greatest taint.

Still, I loved what I saw this morning.

9. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007

Maybe this goes deeper than I think. Holy sithspit.

Is it possible this is coincidence? What's the chance of that?

darthosaka likes this.
  10. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    At this point I'm refusing to read spoilers (futile, since the chances of me being spoiled about these episodes before I watch them are about 99.9%), but I'll just say this has me very interested.

11. HEDGESMFG

Nov 20, 2010
    Despite Lucas' past statements, the episode only mention over the possibility (or lack of) of Sith spirits is the idea that the Sith cling to the physical world (which is entirely true).

Yoda is confident that Bane is an illusion, stating that he died long ago... but Yoda could always be wrong. ;) SOMETHING is definitely causing him to see a whole bunch of dead Sithy things. Bane's ashes themselves could've come out of his tomb, formed the form yoda sees, and them diminished when it lost power over him. Lots of fun possibilities with this one.

Even if the name is wrong, seeing Korriban elevated in canon was worth the wait.

12. HEDGESMFG

Nov 20, 2010
    New revised timeline up in the thread. For those two lazy to click the new one...

Beware that the retcons DO have spoilers.

13. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Yoda was confident he would beat Sidious. He also couldn't tell a Sith was right in front of him for 12 years.

If Bane says something only he would know, he's not an illusion.

14. HEDGESMFG

Nov 20, 2010
    Well, Bane also keeps yapping that THERE IS NO LIFE AFTER DEATH, ect. ect.

But as someone pointed out in another thread, so says the disembodied Sith spirit. Obvious Sith lie, ect. ect.

I'm not saying he is or isn't dead. Merely saying there's enough room for fans to view it however they want.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  15. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    All signs point towards illusion. I'm not sure how much to spoil about the episode...

ETA:

Ah well...

He basically disappears when Yoda refuses to believe in him, and the Priestesses appear and tell Yoda that everything up to that point has been a part of their trials. There's nothing wrong or continuity-breaking with this apparition of Bane being illusory, or with Yoda saying there are no Sith spirits. There's been Sith wraiths before but they've always seemed to be more like "real" ghosts, linked to physical places or unlucky Emperor's Yacht Piloting Hands. Hardly an afterlife like the one the Jedi experiment, returning to the Cosmic Force and all.

16. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Let's hear it.

17. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    So like Dac/Mon Calamari vs. Mon Cala and the Tantive IV vs. the Sundered Heart, I can just ignore Mon Cala and the Tantive IV being replaced by the Sundered Heart as I see fit, better than nothing.

darthosaka likes this.
  18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

THIS. This guy's my new favorite character.

Just imagine a Doom and Fordo episode. They'd need to invent a new kind of HD TV to handle that kind of awesome.

19. HEDGESMFG

Nov 20, 2010
    My only regret is that, unless he appears in the Maul arc or Rebels, Rex's story arc may never come to a conclusion. I will forever be left wondering if he did in fact execute Order 66, or found a way to override it. Given what he learns in the Order 66 arc, it's likely that his story would've taken a more dramatic turn.

darthosaka and darthcaedus1138 like this.
  20. Guy-Gone_Weird

Guy-Gone_Weird Jedi Master star 2

Jul 28, 2003
    You never know. Filoni apparently had an ending in mind for Rex and Ahsoka. Maybe someday it will be made. You know how Disney loves to make direct-to-video movies...

21. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Or they'll be in Rebels.

darthosaka likes this.
  22. Guy-Gone_Weird

Guy-Gone_Weird Jedi Master star 2

Jul 28, 2003
    Just watched the Yoda arc.

Holy crap.

So much goodness in that story! Might be my favorite arc.

So here's a question - Qui-Gon said he couldn't retain his physical form because he never finished his training. Is it possible that in teaching Yoda and Obi-Wan that he was able to complete it? I mean, otherwise this awesome picture makes no sense:

[​IMG]

I'd like to think he did anyways.

23. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Yeah, it's fuzzy around Qui-Gon because he exists outside of time so you would think by virtue of the fact that he maintained his identity with the Cosmic Force that he would innately know how to manifest himself visually the same way that he knows who the Sith Lord is. Maybe once Yoda and Obi-Wan learn how to do it, Qui-Gon can then appear to them?

Jedi Merkurian and darthosaka like this.
  24. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    That picture shows a ghost sitting on a crate. The "making sense" ship has already sailed.

25. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Obi-Wan's ghost sits on a log in the movie.