main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Master Kinard

Master Kinard Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 30, 2013
    Um, the first episode is "Cat and Mouse".....

thedarkbeckons likes this.
  2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    First aired, not first chronologically. ;)

Revanfan1 and Master Kinard like this.
  3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Doesn't count you know?

4. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    So it's really happening tonight, is it? I don't know how to feel. Are we all doing some kind of TCW marathon?

5. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
  6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

You're like some hours late

7. HegoDamask

HegoDamask Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2013
    Still not on the UK netflix :/ tried that link multiple times, just redirects.... Hopefully they put them up soon so I can watch them this evening.

8. JediFett10

JediFett10 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 8, 2008
    Same here!!!!!!!!

9. darthjj88

darthjj88 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 31, 2012
    I didn't read anything about it being released in the UK. Just know of North America. I hope I'm wrong, we should all be able to see these.

10. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Well if I intended to watch them on Netflix, then I wouldn't be as apparently they're not on the UK site yet.

They're not up on MF yet either.

cwustudent likes this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh no! Hours late for a TV show!

I'm "hours late" too. I had a little obligation drawing me away from the TV. I call it "my job."

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy : the Supreme Overlords need to make this available to you soon. Your reviews are some of the most fun.

I'm starting my marathon within the hour, assuming my Netflix has no issues.

12. Millwall

Millwall Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2014
    Netflix UK said it's not going to be available in the UK which is unacceptable imo.

13. JediFett10

Feb 8, 2008
    Link please!!!

14. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Good thing I didn't sign up then.

I had a flick through the Order 66 arc episode guides on the OS, and I think I have a pretty good idea of how it goes down. Got some preliminary thoughts already, just waiting to watch to confirm/deny.

15. Millwall

Millwall Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2014

https://twitter.com/NetflixUK/status/441895280368418816

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  16. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Well, sucks to be a British TCW fan, as always. I mean, if you believe in paying to watch it.

17. JediFett10

Feb 8, 2008
    Ok, Tweeted them to ask if it will be available sometime soon!!!

18. thedarkbeckons

thedarkbeckons Jedi Master star 1

Dec 2, 2013
    Such great stuff here! Finished watching them about 2.5 hours ago and started letting it all sink in... As much as I am so glad to FINALLY get this content, I am also glad that they didn't release it as part of the normal run of episodes. Season Five just has this epic nature and build-up to it (aside from the droids arc) that to disrupt it would have been a mistake. The Clovis arc I think should have remained a part of Season Five though.

On more of the spoilery side of things, what happens now that the Jedi know that Dooku is Tyranus? Seems to be more reason to distrust the clones and throw more strife between the Jedi and the military into the mix. The Yoda arc as a whole pleased me very much, and yet the Moriband thing kept niggling at the back of my mind. The duel at the end was very well done, I have to say, but I think the producers were starting to veer too close to a continuity breach with the films. The balance of revealing enough information while still keeping the Jedi in the dark enough to where they could not piece everything together is like walking on a blade's edge. The Fives investigation got a little too close to the line for my tastes as well, but they did it believably.

The last of the Dominoes has fallen, friends. May they live forever in our memory as the true tragedy of The Clone Wars.

Now that that's done, I shall start my countdown to May for the Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir comic. It's not quite over yet folks!

19. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    I agree, with your observation of the Order 66 Arc. It really came too lose with revealing the whole plot.(Spoiler) well they did, but only to Anakin and Rex! Who probably didn't believe the whole thing anyway. It was good though!

thedarkbeckons likes this.
  20. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    Wow, I'm really impressed with the Lost Missions so far. It really makes a great supplement to AOTC and ROTS. The series in whole had really given a human characteristic to the Clones, which was hard to do in just two movies. Though it's also hard to explain how they could suddenly turn against those whom they were most loyal to. Well, now we have the answer. I especially loved the connections to AOTC, and seeing Lama Su again. With this, most of the confusing aspects behind the clone army creation have been cleared up. Also, I loved the Jango Fett cameo.

Sgt Crowfield and Darth_Harmon like this.
  21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Inhibitor chip. [face_beatup]

22. mdmd97

mdmd97 Jedi Master

May 6, 2004
    Can someone tell me the musical cue playing on season 6 episode 1 as the clones first try to transport Tup before they are intercepted. It is familiar but not necessarily Star Wars.

cwustudent likes this.
  23. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    That bit of music was played during the asteroid battle of Downfall of a Droid.

I always thought that melody sounded like "Vampire Hunters" from Bram Stoker's Dracula soundtrack. https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/bram-stokers-dracula-original/id158458454

24. mdmd97

mdmd97 Jedi Master

May 6, 2004
    Thank you!!

25. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    It would have been a much a better story if the storyline (and not just Ahsoka) had actually made sense. The whole thing was one big mess quite literally from the get go.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.