main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards 2014 Fanfic Awards Winners! Best New Author and Best Author

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Mar 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    :eek: I did not expect this one at all!! Thank you guys so much! Betrys is dear to my heart and I'm glad you enjoyed her story. I'd like to tell more stories with her! [face_love] Congrats to all!! =D=

2. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Congrats, everyone!

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Congrats to everyone.

4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    * rushes in hastily, still wearing a night gown

Oh, I already missed it, because my internet in Berlin-Spandau does not work.

*gives earlybird-obi-wan a hug for telling her about the award

Thanks for nominating me & Lucien! [face_party][face_dancing]

I hope that I have proper internet connection from the 20th March on. And now that I have the new job in a wee & wonderful kindergarten, I have more time & relaxation again. I might be ready to write new stuff again.

And once I am standing here, in my pink night gown and my hair a total mess, I would like to thank a couple of people.

First of all, my husband in RL, DarthUncle. He is my muse, "meine Triebfeder".

Next, of course, my heartfelt thanks goes to SWpants, my beta and a genius. Give her a text & she gets more out of it with less words.

I also would like to thank earlybird-obi-wan for her RL friendship, even though my internet forces me to be seldom on-line.

And I want to thank my loyal readers to support me & Lucien in my fanfic thread.

*bows nicely

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  5. ethereallights

ethereallights Jedi Knight

Aug 5, 2009
    Congrats to everyone!! [face_party]

6. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    *Bri comes out in dark green cargo pants, a tight black shirt and combat boots. Her hair is in a tight bun and she is wielding a bowcaster. Frag grenades are clipped to her belt and a bandoleer is around her chest.*

“I’m sorry, things are going to have to be cut a bit short, but not before I announce the big winners! Best New Author and Best Author!”

The nominee for Best New Author in Before/Saga is:

Esther Anderson

And the winner is…

Esther Anderson

The nominees for Best New Author in Beyond are:

SiouxFan
    Stone Jade

And the winner is…

SiouxFan !

The nominees for Best Author in Before/Saga are:

ardavenport
    AzureAngel2
    laloga

And the winner is…

AzureAngel2

The nominees for Best Author in Beyond are:

Jedi_Lover
    ginchy
    Knight_Aragorn
    Iverna

And the winner is… A TIE!

Jedi_Lover
    AND
    ginchy

“Well, here we are at the end of the 2014 fanfiction awards! A big congratulations to all our winners and to everyone who was nominated! On behalf of Mav and myself, a big thank you to those who nominates, voted and volunteered prizes. Speaking of prizes, we will start to contact winners about prizes within the next few days.

“I hope everyone enjoyed the show… and remember….”

*Bri slams a power pack into her bowcaster.*

“You didn’t see anything."

*Bri fades into the darkness.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  7. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    :eek: Tied for best author! I am shocked! Awesome! Thank you! Congratulations Ginchy, AzureAngel2, Siouxfan and Ester Anderson for the wins. They are all well deserved! And congratulations for all that were nominated! Awesome! :D

ginchy likes this.
  8. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Congratulations, everyone! All the nominated authors and stories are terrific.

Thank you so much for the awards! I am so honored.

Nyota's Heart and ginchy like this.
  9. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Congrats, everyone!

ginchy likes this.
  10. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    Thank you all so much!!! [:D] Writing and reading fanfic are two of my most favorite things. Congrats to everyone who was nominated and to all the winners. I can't wait for all the great fanfic in store for us all in the year ahead!! =D= =D= =D= =D=

11. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Congratulations! :)

12. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    [face_laugh]ing at all these wardrobe changes. And barefoot is best, always! I don't know how women can tolerate heels (nor men steel-toe boots for that matter).

Congrats again to all the new winners! [:D]

Side question: Is it possible to find out who nominated us perchance?

13. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    mavjade should weigh in on this, but we won't tell you, but there is nothing stopping the person who did from telling you.

14. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    No big deal--I was just vaguely curious. Thanks for answering.

And you should shed those combat boots for the next presentation! :p

15. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Congrats to all!

ginchy likes this.
  16. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    *rushes in, wearing her pink night gown again & wears fluffy slippers

Oh! I won Best Author in Before/Saga. This is a surprise.

*hastily brings her in order

Also kind congratulations to Ginchy, Siouxfan and Ester Anderson for their wins.

And a big thanks to Briannakin &Mavjade for all the work, time, skill & fun they put into this award show.

mavjade and ginchy like this.
  17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful and well-deserved congratulations! =D= =D= Large [:D] [:D] Thanks to mav and Bri for making the awards fun and well-paced.

mavjade and ginchy like this.
  18. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I'm a few days late here, but thank you very much! [face_blush] And thanks to the mods for doing all the work on the awards.

Congratulations to all the winners and nominees! :D

ginchy likes this.
  19. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    Yes, definitely a huge thanks to the mods for all their hard work!!! ^:)^

mavjade and Jedi_Lover like this.
  20. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Thank you all for a great awards, I hope you all had fun!
    As was said in the first post prizes will take a little time so please be patient. The list of who gets to pick when has been made (based on the order as explained in the Awards Guide) and any of the winners will receive a PM when it is your turn to pick. You'll have 24 hours to send back your pick before it moves on to the next person, just so it doesn't take us until next awards to get through them. More info will be given in the PM.

We also said those who voted for the most actual winners would receive 1 week of colors. Those voters are:

ginchy for 10 votes for winners in Before/Saga

and

taramidala for 8 votes for winners in Beyond

(Note - The vote for best reviewer was taken out of this due to it making it a 5 way tie. taramidala voted for the most writing based winners)

We also want to thank those again who have volunteered prizes:

Jedi_Lover
    earlybird-obi-wan
    Iverna
    Nyota's Heart
    ginchy
    tarmidala
    AG88
    Thumper09

As a thank you from the mods, you all will also be receiving a week of colors. PMs about how to get your colors will be coming shortly!

Bri was correct, the noms are anonymous, but if the person or persons would like to tell you, that is up to them.

divapilot and ginchy like this.
  21. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    Colors will be like seeing my name 'in lights'!! [face_dancing] Thanks!!

ETA: Oooooooooooh, so prettttttttty.

taramidala likes this.
  22. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    ***Comes in just as post-party is wrapping up*** I made it, I made it! ***Looks around, sees janitor sweeping up confetti*** Crap, I missed it. Stupid work, sending me to the desert for a couple of weeks. ***kicks plastic up***

Anyway, congrats to all of the nominees and to the winners…and it is truly an honor to be named as a winner in two categories. Thank you!

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  23. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    [face_dancing][face_dancing]to the winners and to the mods for this great event

24. Sokolniki

Sokolniki Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 7, 2014
    Ren'Vhan, having taken up the job as Janitor to aid his infiltration of the mysterious gathering of the Jedi Council, was already quite angry that it had proven a colossal waste of his time. They had apparently been celebrating the creative achievements of so called "Forumites" and "Writers" rather than discuss the future of the New Jedi Order and their plans regarding the current direction of the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances or Jagged Fel's reconstituted Empire.

But now someone was kicking up the mess, spreading out the pile he had swept up already and that he had intended to sweep all the trash into, wasting his prior efforts and prompting him to slam the broom onto the floor before he stormed off as the manager of the location stepped in through the door to check on the janitor's progress.

The fat man inquired the older man "Hey hey... what are you doing?"

"Quitting... have fun," replied the undercover inquisitor sharply before he stepped through the double doors, slamming them behind him.

Exasperated, the manager looked around until his eyes fell upon SiouxFan. "What did you do man?"

---------------------------

Hehe, fun had... Congratulations to all the winners, and I'd like to give a thanks to the nominators judges for making such an event possible through your efforts... you certainly have to read through quite a bit to come to a fair decision.. I've seen the quantity of content some of these people put out, I certainly couldn't handle it, that's for sure.

25. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Our mods rock! Thanks for all your hard work! @};-

mavjade and Nyota's Heart like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.