main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Yoda Arc (6.10-6.13) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Valorum's VA is awful. Like, so bad. Also, the animation was really off in that scene; it was like Season 2 quality.

2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I assumed that line was in reference to RoTJ and Yoda informing Luke he had a sibling and the Skywalkers were unusually strong in the Force. Maybe, as someone said on this board somewhere, balance of the Force might have required Anakin to establish a lineage.

3. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Whatever else, seeing this guy slither around made me one very happy Star Wars fan.
    [​IMG]

4. Millwall

Millwall Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2014
    I'm still confused about Sifo-Dyas. What was all that about 2 Jedi on Felucia? I thought Sifo-Dyas ordered the clones, Dooku had him killed by the Pykes on the moon and had his body frozen to give his blood to Grievous?

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I think Dooku was supposed to be the second Jedi. In the EU, Dooku and Sifo-Dyas were good friends, and Dooku had Sifo-Dyas killed as his initiation into the Sith as well as to cover up information about the clones.

Darkslayer likes this.
  6. ColemanKcajFTW

ColemanKcajFTW Jedi Master star 1

Jan 14, 2014

The second Jedi was Dooku, who probably attached himself to Sifo-Dyas' mission, just so he could ensure his demise. Its just the Forest Felucians (the ones from TFU) didn't realize who he was or that he was actually a Sith Lord.

7. Millwall

Millwall Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2014

So who did the Felucians thought they had killed and had cremated?

8. ColemanKcajFTW

ColemanKcajFTW Jedi Master star 1

Jan 14, 2014

Good question. This is all just speculation, but perhaps Dooku simply fabricated a body that was damaged enough so the Felucians never were able to tell the difference...or he simply gave them Sifo-Dyas' body to cremate to ensure he would never be found.

9. Millwall

Millwall Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2014

Yeah I guess Dooku tricked them into thinking they had killed Sifo-Dyas or something.

10. TK421-677

TK421-677 Jedi Padawan

Mar 10, 2012

It sounded like the Pykes gave Sifo Dyas' body to Dooku and then he took it to Felucia to make it look like his death was part of the conflict there.

What I don't get is how Silman would have known anything about Dooku's plan. Why did Dooku have to kill him? And why did Dooku kill Sifo Dyas to become him and then continue using his Tyrannus identity?

11. melkor834

melkor834 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2009

Yeah, my biggest problem was that episode really didn't clarify the origins of the clones. I'm still unsure if Dooku or Sifo-Dyas was the one who ordered the army in the first place. It seems like these episodes and AotC imply Dooku did, but then why did he take Sifo-Dyas's identity in the first place? Was it merely to leave the Jedi in the dark? And why Sifo-Dyas of all the Jedi?

12. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005
    Ok, so while there are issues, especially surrounding the portrayal of Grevious, now that Clone Wars is over, I guess that if you want to, you can still consider the Tartakovsky as part of the story. Everything right up to the knighting of Anakin is after AOTC but before the Filoni show. The General Grevious introduction is also before the Filoni show and Anakin leaving Padme to go to the Outer Rim Sieges is after the Filoni show. There are a couple of problems, such as the implied conception of the twins happening on the day Anakin is knighted and Grevious' cough (and general portrayal as previously mentioned) but in general, with Star Wars canon essentially being in constant flux, if you want to count the Tartakovsky series, you can.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  13. TK421-677

TK421-677 Jedi Padawan

Mar 10, 2012
    This makes less sense the more I think about it.

If Sifo Dyas' death took place while Vallorum was still chancellor (Vallorum sent Sifo Dyas on the mission that would eventually lead to his death, right), how was Dooku involved at all? This would have been while Maul was still Sidious' apprentice and Dooku was not yet a Sith.

Am I totally wrong on the timeline here?

TKT likes this.
  14. Millwall

Millwall Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2014
    This is what I think about the Sifo-Dyas situation.

• Darth Sidious manipulates Darth Plagueis to convince Master Sifo-Dyas to approach the Kaminoans about creating a clone army.
    • Master Sifo-Dyas visits Kamino and places an order for a Republic Army.
    • Darth Sidious then kills Darth Plagueis and later takes Darth Tyranus on as his apprentice.
    • Darth Tyranus removes Kamino from the Jedi Archives before he leaves the order.
    • Darth Sidious orders Darth Tyranus to kill Master Sifo-Dyas.
    • Darth Tyranus tells the Pykes to shoot down Master Sifo-Dyas' ship. He then collects Sifo-Dyas' dead body.
    • Darth Tyranus then pretends to be a Jedi accompanying Sifo-Dyas on Felucia where he tricks the Felucians that they have killed Sifo-Dyas.
    • Darth Tyranus then freezes Master Sifo-Dyas' body for later use. (Giving his blood to Grievous).
    • Darth Tyranus then recruits Jango Fett to be the template clone.
    • Darth Tyranus then tells the Kaminoans to begin cloning Jango Fett and to place a chip in every clone's brain.

15. melkor834

melkor834 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2009
    Nope, you're correct. It seems Dooku was beginning to work with Sidious prior to Maul's death. The problem there is that means Qui-Gon's death wasn't the event that drove Dooku from the Order.

16. TK421-677

TK421-677 Jedi Padawan

Mar 10, 2012
    But this still doesn't explain how Dooku is a Sith while Vallorum is in office.

Vallorum sent Sifo Dyas to Oba-Diah. Sifo Dyas was killed when his ship was shot down as it was leaving Oba-Diah for Felucia. Dooku paid the Pykes to shoot down the ship. Doesn't this mean Dooku was in league with Sidious while Maul was still alive?

TKT likes this.
  17. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Maybe Dooku left the Jedi Order earlier than we thought. We never see him in TPM, after all.

18. TK421-677

TK421-677 Jedi Padawan

Mar 10, 2012

Okay, interesting.

So now about Dooku using his Tyrannus identity instead of assuming Sifo Dyas' name when interacting with the Kaminoans.

What if he was never interested in keeping his Tyrannus identity a secret from the Kaminoans? Maybe he was always behind the creation of the clones and simply told Lama Su and Nala Se to tell any Jedi who came snooping that Sifo Dyas was behind it. Dooku had him killed so there's no one to refute the claim. And the Jedi would be inclined to believe it since Sifo Dyas had told them about his visions of a great war and his desire to create an army when he was still on the council.

19. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    So I finished the series yesterday. And last night when I had some free time I finally got around to googling the Moraband thing. Which really bothered me because I thought Yoda was saying it wrong. Of course he wasn't. And while the name change from Korriban probably not a surprise to many of you. But my love for Kotor has ignited my nerd rage over this! lol Especially after reading what Lucas had to say why he changed the name. If he had said well you know it changed because it had been thousands of yeas since Kotor then fine that makes sense to me. But no because it sounded to much like Coruscant. I shouldn't be shocked GL loves to do this to the fan base. But still that's all. I loved the Yoda arc other then that.

It was really nice to have an answer and see him learning how to become one with the force to become a force ghost.

obsidianknight482 and Zer0 like this.
  20. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    According to the episode guide, the name change from Korriban to Moraband is justified IU as being due to the age and significance of the place and it subsequently having many valid names. Korriban is still strongly implied to be a name of the planet.

21. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Dooku certainly gave us an epic performance against the Pykes. Sidious's galactic Force choke must have motivated him.

22. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Luckily, It is disturbing but not too big. George also changed it because he said a worlds name can change or be known as something else over the years, but I still just consider it Korriban.

23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Not just that, but finally seeing every council member at the same time. (though no Stass Allie yet) Took them long enough.
    [​IMG]

24. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Easily my favorite moment was seeing Darth Bane brought into G-Level Canon. And by Mark Hamill no less! I wished Revan and Plagueis had been there too, but you can't have everything I guess :p

Overall a great arc and an awesome way to finish The Clone Wars. Rebels has a lot to live up to.

darth ladnar likes this.
  25. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    For anyone who is interested:

[​IMG]