main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Literature member interviews

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Point Given , Jun 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I know it's not my question, but I'd use a time machine and assemble George 1977, George 1997, and George 2011.

I then would proceed to ask them things like: "Did Han shoot first?" and "Will Luke and Leia kiss and get together?" and watch the fireworks.

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    DigitalMessiah Time for the rapid-fire round. One-word or phrase answers will suffice.

What is your favorite mode of transportation?

Favorite place to read?

Least favorite smell?

Favorite animal?

Favorite Matrix bad guy?

3. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004

I suppose a car.

In bed.

I'm not sure what my least favorite smell is, I don't think I want to know.

Not sure so I'll just say something random like an ocelot.

Agent Smith

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    DigitalMessiah What is your favorite food?

Favorite school subject?

Least favorite SW novel?

Favorite sport?

Favorite music genre?

5. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Pasta

History

Invincible

American football

Grunge

6. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    [​IMG]

7. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Let's be friends.

Cynical_Ben likes this.
  8. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    DigitalMessiah 19. If you could choose one Force power to have IRL, which one would it be and why?

20. What is your general opinion on continuity in SW? Do you think it's evolved over the years, and how do you imagine continuity will be handled once the first new movies are out (re: the "story group" of Chee, Hidalgo, et al)?

9. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    I'm going to have to go with the boring answer of telekinesis.

I used to be really anal about continuity but I gave that up a long time ago. The whole "foggy window" policy is basically a concession that stuff is prone to retcon because if it isn't in the films, it's not necessarily accurate. "The further one branches away from the movies, the more interpretation and speculation come into play." Thus, stuff like the recent Sifo-Dyas episode of TCW showing the Jedi figure out that Tyranus is Dooku, even though in Labyrinth of Evil they don't know who Tyranus is, doesn't even need to be explained or have the timeline adjusted for that scene under "foggy window" because we just pretend that part of the conversation didn't happen. The window was foggy.

As I've complained before, the final straw for me was when Vergere was retconned to be a Sith and Jacen became Darth Caedus, which would be the equivalent of Yoda being a Sith and Dark Empire being part of Yoda's plans -- after all, Yoda wanted Luke to kill Vader and so did Palpatine, there's your farcical justification! -- ending with Leia killing Luke. That sort of damage to the OT is precisely the sort of damage the Vergere retcon did to the validity of the NJO story. Obviously retcons are something that will happen and Star Wars is founded upon the Vader retcon, but when this sort of trashing of a story is permitted it undermines the whole point of continuity.

I'll just enjoy the stories that I enjoy and not really care if they're 'canon' or not. As to the story group, I really don't think things are going to change that much. I think they're going to be as coy as possible about the 'canonicity' of the existing Expanded Universe, and only when Episode VII or something else contradicts an existing story will they speak up about it, so we'll be in limbo until details of Episode VII start coming out that are mutually exclusive with existing EU. They claim that everything will now be equally canon, whether it be Marvel comics, Rebels, or the new films, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the foggy window persist with future contradictions. But if they don't impact the narrative I don't care that much.

10. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    DigitalMessiah 21. What would you do if you won the lottery?

22. What's the funniest thing you've ever seen/done?

11. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008

I would find George circa 74 when he was working on the first draft, then convince him to release it, and see if it became popular or not. Although the answer is probably no since the first couple of drafts were horrible.

Todd EDIT: Please refrain from asking questions until the interview is over.

12. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Be really lazy and not a productive member of society.

I'm afraid any answer I could provide would not live up to the hilarity required by the question. Whenever I tell such a story, it inevitably disappoints in a "you had to be there" fashion.

Contessa likes this.
  13. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    DigitalMessiah Alright, let's try this then:

22. What are your favorite funny moments from various SW media?

23. What is your perfect sundae?

14. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    "I have been trained in your Jedi arts by Lord Tyranus himself!"
    "Do you mean Count Dooku? What a curious coincidence," Obi-Wan said with a deceptively pleasant smile. "I trained the man who killed him."

"I do remember that I was very pleased to be the property of a senator. One of his assistants discovered my assassination functions later, through questioning. The assistant was quite alarmed and told the senator I should be scrapped quickly to avoid a scandal. Naturally, the senator had me eliminate the fool."
    [​IMG]

I found Vader Sessions to be pretty hilarious. I know there's a bunch of Han moments that I like throughout the EU but my mind is blank and I'm sitting in the class in my underwear about to take the test. There's a lot of funny stuff in the Smuggler storyline in SWTOR, but it's hard to find YT videos of the scenes. Here's a collection of random stuff, though nothing in particular.

I'm a fan of the banana split, but I like chocolate and butterscotch as well.

15. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    And that's the end of the interview! Give a round of applause for DigitalMessiah. =D=

We'll be back with a new interview soon, but right now the floor is now open for anyone else to ask DM Neo any questions.

16. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
  17. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
  18. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    The Vader Sessions is definitely hilarious.

DigitalMessiah likes this.
  19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Who is best dressed in SW?

20. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Someone made a Vader Sessions 2 which is The Empire Strikes Back. The best two moments are when Vader sees the Falcon fly out the tunnel on Hoth and utters an expletive, and when "Put him in!" is replaced by Thulsa Doom's "Crucify him!"
    [​IMG]

21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Your favorite non-human species in SW?

Your favorite culture in SW?

22. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004

I've always been fond of the Sith purebloods, and one of the reasons why I wasn't completely turned off by the Legacy era after Invincible and LOTF as a whole was because the blurb for Omen mentioned a "Lost Tribe of the Sith," which I thought was going to be purebloods. I like the Neti too, and maybe just most of the species that are mostly unique to the Tales of the Jedi comic series. I like stories better when they have an odd assortment of species that may not necessarily ever appear again, because it's really fitting with the idea of this vast galaxy. It's really boring when it's all Twi'leks, Chagrians, Bothans, Zabraks, Rodians, et al.

I haven't really given it thought. TBH, the ancient Sith and the Yuuzhan Vong are really the only two I know much about, beyond the 'default' culture of the protagonists.

Contessa, Gamiel and Iron_lord like this.
  23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    In that case: What SW culture do you want to see more of?

24. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008

I'm confused… Are only mods supposed to ask question? what would be the point of asking
    questions when it was over… Also can you unedit my post? I forgot what my questions were.

25. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    These interviews are set up so that it's just one person asking questions and one person responding. Then once the interviewer is done, everyone else can ask the one interviewee questions. It's stated right in the first post of the thread. Plus, I wasn't yet a mod when I took over from Point Given. ;)

But here you go. DigitalMessiah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.