main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Force Ghosts in VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by RyanForder, Mar 9, 2014.

?

Which ones do you want to see?

1. Obi-Wan Kenobi

33 vote(s)
    18.3%
  2. Yoda

48 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. Anakin Skywalker

49 vote(s)
    27.2%
  4. Qui-Gon Jinn

9 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. Palpatine

14 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Other (Please state)

6 vote(s)
    3.3%
  7. None

12 vote(s)
    6.7%
  8. Not bothered

9 vote(s)
    5.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyanForder

RyanForder Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 3, 2014
    Please cast your vote and discuss.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Oswald1901

Oswald1901 Jedi Padawan

Oct 7, 2013
    Can VII be like Poltergeist and have Force Ghosts posses the TV of Luke's son? :p
    Anyways, I really want Anakin and Obi-Wan to be in this. Just one scene of them talking to Luke; They can be chatting, warning of the future, having some nice warm blue milk, ANYTHING as long as they're having a heart-to-heart with Luke.

Episode Swag likes this.
  3. RyanForder

Mar 3, 2014

I like this,

Sorry for people voting. You can only vote for one and that's my mistake (obviously) i don't know how to fix it.

4. Palpatine's P.A.

Palpatine's P.A. Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 9, 2014
    Whoever does appear, it should be done very sparingly or could quickly become a bit stupid. It could also be used as a way to bring back popular characters for the sake of having them in the film at the expense of creating memorable new characters. Also not sure about them being able to affect the living world. Death should be final or means nothing

Oberst Hans Landa likes this.
  5. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Force Ghost star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    Death is only the beginning.

You've seen Star Wars, right?

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  6. RyanForder

Mar 3, 2014
    i think either Obi, Yoda or Anakin should appear. The 3 main guys he connect with.

7. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Yoda or Anakin.
    That's it, no one else. Obi-Wan should not be involved at all; but I most certainly don't want ghosts appearing every five minutes.

8. RyanForder

Mar 3, 2014

Then it would just be plain silly. Best situation is if Luke is stuck for what to do in a situation and Yoda/Anakin or Kenobi for me come and speak with him.

9. Oberst Hans Landa

Oberst Hans Landa Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 12, 2014
    Obi Wan? You mean Ewan McGregor? Am I the only one who feels it'd be stupid for Luke to see a young Ben Kenobi? No, please no more. We don't need Obi Wan, let alone a young Obi Wan. So Luke was in part trained by an old Kenobi, he saw an old Ben in Episodes V and VII and now he's going to see a young Ben? Unless you can CGI an old Sir Alec Guiness, I don't see how this would make sense. But then again… *sigh*

Anakin? You mean Hayden Christensen? Am I the only one who feels it'd be laughable to see a 62 year old Luke Skywalker talking to a much younger version of his father? No please. Let's not open that can of worms.

If anything, I wouldn't mind seen Yoda, but only because they can either go with the puppet, which I would use, or a great looking CGI Yoda. And I wouldn't mind seeing Qui Gon either.

However, I am going to quote both DanielUK and Palpatine's P.A.

If there's something I don't want in Episode VII is seeing things done just because. Let's not go overboard with the ghosts, the CGI or the lightsaber battles, please.

Bob Octa, T-R- and DanielUK like this.
  10. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    THIS.

Yoda is the only one that makes sense since he can appear almost exactly as he did in RotJ. Luke talking to his father that looks as young as Luke's son would be ridiculous. Luke talking to a young version of Ben, when he's already seen old Ben as a ghost is equally ridiculous.

If you need to use Ben or Anakin I vote to just use their voice, no need for them to appear.

11. RyanForder

Mar 3, 2014
    Ewan McGregor would be made to look like old Ben, I wouldn't mind it.

I agree with what you said about Anakin but if he turned up then i wouldn't complain

12. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I thought I read something that Qui Gonn may appear, although I may be confussing that with TCW, Season 6.

13. RyanForder

Mar 3, 2014

I hope not because none of the characters can relate to him. Same with Mace Windu.

14. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    As the wise Jedi Master with access to the Jedi's history (presumably), Luke could relate to Qui-Jonn.

15. RyanForder

Mar 3, 2014

Yes he could, But someone stated on another thread what does QGJ have to tell Luke that Yoda, Obi or Anakin can't?

Dra--- and T-R- like this.
  16. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    This is Star Wars, so that is too logical. :p I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage

17. RyanForder

Mar 3, 2014

Personally for me having QGJ is just too forced. I love the character, its just not the right time frame for him. However, i would accept him turning up and speaking to Luke without telling Luke who he is. But i just don't want it to seem forced. (Excuse the pun)

18. themuzikman

themuzikman Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 20, 2013
    I'm calling it now, I believe we are definitely going to see some force ghosts, but additionally, that the movie might be focused around this "force netherworld"... Who's going to show up? I don't know... Probably a safe bet we'll see the Emperor, Yoda, Qui-Gon (I believe there is better chance of seeing him than Obi-Wan or Anakin, since the age when he died in the movie would work to bring Liam Neeson back, and also since he was the first one to learn how to communicate with the living from this other plane of existence [I think] ). I, along with many, had originally thought the emperor should be done with and we should move on, and while I still agree with this to some degree (as in yes, I believe he did die when he went down the reactor), I think seeing him as a force ghost (along with other new baddies) might actually be kind of cool. We're used to seeing the Emperor as a shadowy blue hologram for probably more than half of his SW appearances, but now he'll be a shadowy blue ghost...

But yeah, lately I've been thinking this movie might have a much bigger plot based on the force, and aspects that we haven't seen yet on screen - this includes this force realm as well as just other force moves we haven't seen yet that have appeared in games and ****... I think especially now with Disney in charge we'll see a lot more force powers... Disney loves magic and stuff like that so, come on, it's gonna happen...

Darth_Articulate and Darkslayer like this.
  19. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    I agree this is a good possibility, especially given the manner in which TCW ended.

20. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    I'd love to see Yoda appearing as a Force Ghost in VII since he would make the most sense for the story. No amount of CGI or make-up could possibly make Ewan McGregor look/move/sound like a convincing Alec Guiness. And a young Anakin Skywalker talking to an elderly Luke? No thanks. There's no need for Obi-Wan or Anakin to appear in the ST. I like to look at it this way...in the years immediately after ROTJ, Anakin and Obi-Wan probably communed with Luke a few times to impart additional wisdom about the Force and perhaps even provide some closure in their relationship. After that, their ghosts moved on and perhaps became "one" with the Force, because their destinies, their parts in the universe's grand story have finally ended. Since Luke is given the task of rebuilding and leading a brand new Jedi Order at this point, it would make sense that Yoda would stick around to guide Luke (seeing as how Yoda was the Grand Master of his own Jedi Order for nearly 800 freakin years, I think he'd have more than a few pointers to give).

T-R- and RyanForder like this.
  21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    They had a head shot done of what Ewan McGregor would look like as an old Obi-Wan during production of Episode III and he sure looked a lot like Alec to me. I think it can be done for the film if they need Obi-Wan to appear. I'd also like Yoda to appear and I wouldn't mind Anakin appearing either but I'd like to see him used in a different way then the other two. I don't see Anakin as the wise sage the other two are so I could see him appearing to one of the younger generation characters to give a cautionary tale to them about the dangers of the dark side.

22. Bullhead CIty

Bullhead CIty Jedi Master star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    Personally, with all the highly logical arguments presented the past few years aside, I really don't see the ST as some gigantic spook-fest orgy.

If anything, I could see a subplot involving a "reverse Luke ascension to Jedi knighthood scenario" with a Force projected image of Palpatine perhaps directing a lapsed Sith apprentice candidate to travel <somewhere> to learn from ____, the Sith Master who instructed him...

Yeah, I've wondered if Yoda and Ben could re-materialize in this realm since they voluntarily left this realm; their bodies disappearing. Anakin and Qui Gon died against their own will. If we rationalize a Plagueis, or even a possible Sidious return - the argument that he didn't die falling down the shaft but jumped into the Force, might the same be true for Yoda or Kenobi re-materializing? Anything's possible. But I don't see the apparition of Watto, Jabba, Greedo, or Windu doing too much to move the plot forward in a "next gen" sequel. :p But, that's just me. It would be weirdly epic to have Ewan and Mark fighting side by side though...

dolphin likes this.
  23. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Will somebody explain to me what force ghosts are, specifically the rules?

Episode 9 will sooooo end with the main ensemble.....to include a Force ghost Luke. I can see it clearly. What wouldn't be so cool is if there is a Force ghost Leia right there beside him. I always thought you had to be a Jedi Master (hence the above request for rules).

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  24. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    According to TCW Yoda arc:

basically, in order to Force Ghost, you have to know your true self and be able to let go of it. You have to confront your greatest fear and overcome it. You have to be at peace. Once you pass the trials, you have to be taught how to merge your identity with the Living Force before your energy becomes one with the Cosmic Force. Only someone that has done it can teach it to you

EDIT__

I also forgot to say:

Jinn learned the trick but failed his trials, which is why he can't ghost and you only hear his voice

25. ObiAlKenobi

ObiAlKenobi Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2012
    I am only for the Obi-Wan ghost if they use previous footage and CGI combined of Alec. Having a younger Obi ghost would make no sense. And no Qui-Gon please. Keep him the prequel-verse (heh).

RyanForder, dolphin and T-R- like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.