main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The most interesting part of that interaction was Darth Bane saying Yoda had to kill him; similar to certain allege hauntings on Earth, Sith spirits might have to be "invited" in order to manipulate reality. If makes you wonder what would have happened if a someone weaker, a Padawan or Knight, was in Yoda's position. Could Bane possess a body? Potential plot device.....

If you recall the KoToR series, the ancient Sith were bound to their tombs and certain objects. Powerful Sith Lords tend to be trapped and unable to achieve death.

Contessa and Circular Logic like this.
  2. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    They should end the Clone Wars how they began. With a feature movie basically covering The Labyrinth of Evil. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next amimated feature in August. The beginning of Star Wars "Rebels" I hope its as good as TCW series has been.

Darkslayer likes this.
  3. DBZGTKOSDH

DBZGTKOSDH Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2013
    I haven't watched the series yet, but since it's over, does it explain why characters like Asoka & Asajj Ventress are absent in Episode III?

4. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Yes, but it doesn't get into specifically what they are doing at the time.

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011

Weren't fan comics by him already in the works? =D

Cool idea although it might just piss me off to see what could have been. Then again maybe some of those scripts are being adapted and reworked.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  6. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003

"Once more the Sith will rule the Galaxy." - Palpatine

EDIT: And it's quite obvious that Dooku would have won the war 3 years earlier had he not given the Republic an army. It's even stated in AOTC that the Jedi would be overwhelmed by the droid army and Dooku feigns shock in front of the TF delegates that the Republic could muster an army so quickly.

If the Sith wanted to win, they had no reason to give the Republic an army that has lead to more Republic victories than losses (per the news reel of a TCW episode).

It does make sense though, if there is indeed a Darth Sidious in the Republic Senate that stands something to gain from this crisis. Such as from Palpatine's rise to power (the obvious individual deriving any benefit from this war). Palpatine himself may not be the Sith Lord from the Jedi POV, but he may be a Sith puppet, and Mace realizes that the Dark Side surrounds him by the time of ROTS - after Dooku has died. And Yoda's visions seem to confirm the existence of a Darth Sidious and a plot against the Jedi involving the clones.

And as was shown in ROTS, the plan to win the war before a Sith plot could go into motion is not a solution. The Jedi did win the war in killing Dooku and Grievous, but how exactly did that stop Sidious from pulling the trigger? I'm not sure of what Yoda's logic was there.

There was no reasonable expectation for the Jedi to be overconfident at all, in light of this retcon that the Jedi are aware of who Tyranus really is and that the Separatist leader is to thank for their army, the army that is leading to Republic victory. Pre-retcon, sure. Post-retcon, not at all.

It's one thing if the Jedi believe that Dooku is the Sith Lord who is genuinely trying to win a war and impose Sith rule, while the Republic is defended by a Clone Army, fortunately born out of Sifo-Dyas' foresight.

It's a different matter entirely when the Republic army is known to be part of a Sith plot; that Dooku reiterates the existence of Darth Sidious; that Dooku's side is losing (something that would not be the case, if he didn't provide a clone army to his enemies); that Yoda foresees the destruction of the Jedi and has visions of Darth Sidious; that Palpatine is the only one really deriving benefit from the war; and that one clone has mumbled about having orders to kill Jedi while another makes reference to a Republic plot, involving the highest level of government, to kill the Jedi.

If Palpatine is a Sith, or merely being controlled/manipulated by the Sith, which by the time of ROTS seems to be the belief. Then there's really no excuse for the Jedi idiocy. Because it is essentially what Dooku tells Obi-Wan, that all the pieces were laid out for them to see.

Prior to the BC, that didn't seem like that was the case, so Jedi ignorance was more excusable.

Jedi Knight Fett and DANNASUK like this.
  7. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Posted this in the TCW BC discussion thread too, but it seems relevant to recent discussions here too.

The Bonus Content left me curious about Rex, and I wouldn't mind seeing him appear in Rebels. Other than that, though, I think the Bonus Content wrapped up TCW in a satisfying way, and I think they should be done with it at this point. Part of the problem with TCW when it was on Cartoon Network was that it seemed to be dragging on without an apparent endpoint goal at times, and making new TCW content now for Netflix would go back to that feeling in a possibly larger way. It had to end at some point.

Contessa likes this.
  8. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    Just started watching the whole series on Netflix. Are all the episodes on, or just specific ones?

9. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    All of them, plus the Season 6 "Lost Missions", plus the TCW movie.

CommanderDrenn likes this.
  10. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    Ooh, cool. Thanks

EHT likes this.
  11. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Actually, though... I don't see the movie listed on Netflix. Not sure about that. I do know that the official announcement about this Netflix deal said it would be on there, though.

12. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Well, I hope eventually Disney will let Dave do animated movies to fill in the gaps for Ahsoka, Darth Maul, Rex, Ventress, Cad Bane, and Talzin. That an arc that leads into the Battle of Coruscant is what I would want. Hopefully it happens - Marvel still does the animated features, so I think there is hope, although it won't happen for awhile.

13. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
  14. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  15. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    Loved those sketches! Too bad we won't be getting anymore TCW...:( I'm not a Mandalorian fan, but I'd liked to have seen that story resolved. And Ahsoka's part in it...

16. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Ah Filoni-class fanon at its finest.

17. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Ahsoka going to Mandalore seems like something I could have gotten behind.

I am not at all a fan of the idea that she went off and became a bounty hunter.

She's a warrior in service to a cause that she no longer believes in. She's a ronin. And I can see her going to Mandalore, meeting another group of warriors, getting to know their POV and what they are really about (outside of Vizsla's terrorism) and perhaps joining them, at least for a time, as she tries to discover where she fits in the galaxy.

Cad Bane mentoring Fett seemed like one of the two fan assumptions. That they were either going to be rivals and Boba was going to kill Bane. Or that Bane would teach the young Fett what he knows of bounty hunting, explaining how Boba becomes the most infamous bounty hunter in later years.

Or both could happen, with Fett mentoring to Bane, only to surpass him later on in life.

The Quinlan Vos and Maul artwork has me most interested. But I'm guessing these stories are largely off the table, at least for the time being, if Filoni was approved to share the art.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  18. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Hmm it seems my jokes about Bosoka were more apt than I thought . . .

19. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Yeah, those Filoni sketches hold some interesting potential storylines. Ahsoka going to Mandalore to join with Bo-Katan is interesting; you'll recall that the two of them were once on opposite sides of a conflict in A Friend in Need, when Bo-Katan tried to kill Ahsoka. But like Obi-Wan eventually teaming up with Bo-Katan and her Death Watch loyalists, perhaps this story would see Ahsoka teaming up with Bo-Katan in some greater Mandalorian conflict. Tarados, I like your ronin analogy, and I wonder if future stories that would have taken place on Mandalore would have focused on the New Mandalorians' transition from pacifism back to the warrior ways of the past pre-Mandalorian Excision.

There is artwork of the rumored Wookiee arc on Kashyyyk shown here as well, and a supposed return to Dac/Mon Cala with Lee Char being featured again. But Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan would probably be overjoyed...apparently Anakin and Padme would have met with Tikkes in a Quarren city (I just wonder whether this was stuff cut from the Mon Calamari arc in Season 4, or if they planned to revisit the world later). That artwork does remind somewhat me of the micro-series version of the Battle of Dac.

The Cad Bane and Boba Fett artwork may well be part of the Bounty Hunter arc that ultimately did not make it to the Bonus Content. As some may recall, Tusken Raiders were part of this arc, and we see the two bounty hunters in what appears to be the sands of Tatooine and a band of them (including Bossk, Ig-88 [?], and Embo) walking through what looks to be Mos Eisley.

But yes, the Quinlan Vos stuff seems most interesting to me as well. It's kinda giving off vibes of the Republic comics. I have no idea who the character he's looking over is supposed to be, though he seems to be carrying an unconsious (or dead [face_worried]) Ventress. That artwork of him dueling Darth Maul really got my attention, as well as the red-armoed "Maul-dalorian". I wonder if this has anything to do with Son of Dathomir, and if not, whether it was reserved for a future story where Maul is still alive...I'm still hoping the comic will resolve Maul's fate, but only time will tell.

Echo still alive? Well, stranger things have happened...

20. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I'm really getting tired of Filoni's constant reusing of planets and similar ideas. Ahsoka has no business on Mandalore and putting her there screams "yeah, we're out of ideas so screw it."

21. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Ahsoka had business on Mandalore in episodes most would like to forget:p So return to Mandalore is not so farfetched IMO

22. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    It's not only that...it's Dave's story proposal and why Ahsoka is there.

Dave, that will be more suitable on fanfiction.net

23. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Unless I'm misreading, it says "Ahsoka appoints Bo-Katan as provisional leader."

I'm guessing Ahsoka would have re-joined the Jedi Order by then. Or else, one whose authority is she appointing anyone leader of any kind?

Plus the very next sketch has her communicating via hologram with the Jedi.

Jedi Knight Fett and Dra--- like this.
  24. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Why, her own of course! Who are YOU to doubt the wisdom of the Almighty Waifu?

. . . Seriously though. If the Cowboy Hatted Jackass' ultimate vision for his Darling was to simply have her rejoin the Jedi Order I'm GLAD the show didn't get continued.

25. Millwall

Millwall Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2014
    DOMINO SQUAD LIVES ON!

Darth Wookiee and Barriss_Coffee like this.