main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Oya manda!: The Mandalorian/Republic Commando Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by The_Mandalorian_, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    She does now, courtesy of the latest issue of Insider. Sabine Wren.

All of the above. Upon reaching the age of adulthood and passing their verd'goten, every Mandalorian becomes an equal member of their society with the full freedoms afforded by the Mandalorian lifestyle. They can drink, marry and divorce, pilot speeders, own real estate, and find employment in whatever field they choose, including military work. They also have the right to a voice in any gathering of the Mandalorian leadership.

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It's kinda interesting that Mandalorian youths come of age about the same age as Wookiee youths. Perhaps these warrior cultures are on to something. I imagine the Wookiee rite of passage is probably more difficult than the Mando ROP, though. ;)

I think it's great that one of the main players of Rebels is a Mandalorian. On TCW, they only ever appeared in context of the New Mandalorians or the Death Watch, and those appearances were few and far between in terms of the show. With a Mando main character, we have a great opportunity to gain a lot of insight into the culture, depending on just how into it Sabine is. It'd be the greatest thing if Fenn Shysa appeared on the show. Even if only as graffiti. :D

3. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    No longer have to be the ammunition runners. I'd say that's a plus.

Gamiel and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  4. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
  5. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
  6. Mandalore The Uniter

Mandalore The Uniter Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007

I honestly hope they don't do anything Mandalorian beyond Sabine (and maybe the errant Mando background character once in a great while). I'm sure we may get some sort of "flashbacks" as Filoni has mentioned the show going into what pushed the main characters to fight against the Empire...but hopefully we will only get bits and pieces. While I know the current trend of LFL/Disney is to potentially write-off some of the EU, I'd rather see a good portion of the Mando EU not retconned. It works great currently, we don't need anything else set on it's ear. :)

Gamiel, Mitth_Fisto and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    No wonder we see so few old mandos

Were it not 16/17 years for wookiee ?

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Gamiel If you're thinking of Chewie's son, that was not the norm. His hrrtayyk was delayed because Chewie was always busy saving the galaxy or traveling with Han. Most young Wookiees complete this rite when they're 12 or so.

Revanfan1, Bardan_Jusik and Iron_lord like this.
  9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I was actually thinking of Lowbacca and Raabakyysh

10. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    To be fair, I'm mostly going off the Wook for this info. ;) That said, they're both from YJK, and Kevin J. Anderson's not always on top of broader continuity. :p

11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Than he is in good company, since nearly none of the EU authors are on top of broader continuity

12. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Ehh, that's a discussion for another time and place. ;)

Ordo N-11, Revanfan1 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  13. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007
    Clone Wars season 6 aired on Netflix today. Lots of Clone action going on (watching the first episode as I type this)!

Revanfan1 and Ordo N-11 like this.
  14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Just wondering, beside me how many here like the new Mandolorians?

16. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Stealing this from Mia Mesharad's TV board interview thread since it covers my feelings pretty well...

Oh btw, hey thread, hey people! Formerly lurking Mando fan here. /waves

17. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Welcome Contessa and I believe you and Mia sum up my feelings fairly well there as well.

[​IMG]

Contessa likes this.
  18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Welcome to the thread! Enter freely. Go safely, and leave something of the happiness you bring!

Contessa and Iron_lord like this.
  19. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007
    Welcome Contessa.

I think Mia's feelings are shared by many of us. :)

Contessa likes this.
  20. Mando-Man

Mando-Man Jedi Master star 2

Dec 1, 2008
  21. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Welcome Contessa, you speak well and truly on the matter of the sad TCW portrayal. Sad thing is they cannot even use the excuse of limited actors available for different faces.

Contessa likes this.
  22. Brookstone

Brookstone Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 10, 2014
    Every time I saw something mando related in TCW this is how I felt with Mr Lucas/Filoni

23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  24. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Oya, vode. :D
    Anybody know how many of his commandos Vau lost in training? The Wook is highly unhelpful. It just says how many he lost at the beginning of the war. *le sigh*
    (Researching for a sequel to Whispers of Wire if anybody wonders.)

Also everybody go and look at the paintings of krad eelav on deviant art if you haven't yet. Some amazing Vau there.
    </obsession out>

25. Mando-Man

Mando-Man Jedi Master star 2

Dec 1, 2008
    If i'm not mistaken Vau had the highest commando survival rate, but I dont think the RC/IC books ever stated how many commandos he lost during training