main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY I Know This Is Off Topic...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Also: LEGO the Movie is awesome. I was cracking up the entire 90 minutes. And yes, there is a Star Wars reference (I was worried it wouldn't).

2. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    I've heard Lego Batman is Awesome. Really want to see this.

3. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    Big NEWS!! I have a beta code, go only until monday, for Star Wars Attack Squadrons. http://www.starwarsattacksquadrons.com/ Free to play spaceship combat game. kinda fun so far. Windows or Mac pc's. First to pm gets the code.

4. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Thanks, my time is booked up this weekend. I'm interested to hear what you think of the game though.

5. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    Been fun so far. Not alot of options right now in ships. Four types of X-wings, A y-wing, and four or five TIE's. Just dogfights (death match,) team dog fights, (team death match,) and base defense fights. Kinda fun. you can add various equipment to augment your ship, to a point.

6. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    IKTIOT but I went ahead and got a Roku so I could watch the Clone Wars when it comes out on Netflix.

7. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    I just saw it today and agree with the awesomeness of this movie (and Lego Batman) and the Star Wars scene.

8. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I have only seen it once-- but I cannot stop quoting the film. No surprise to anyone, I had EVERY LEGO space set ever* in the 80s and actually recognized the space kits.
    SPACESHIP!

Jammies
    *except the "Galactic Voyager" which was a huge ship for that time. Mom and Dad couldn't find it. I saw it once two years later at a K. B Toys in the Madisonville KY "mall" and daddy was even going to get it and I told him not to as I knew it was a bad crop year. That was stupid. Being a good kid sucks. If you're going to be poor, be poor with a big lego spaceship.

\Please, no one get me a star wars LEGO anything for Lifeday. That would be like giving an addict a bag of heroin and saying "you like huffing glue? Here try this!"
    \\ I have no clue if heroin comes in bags. I'm just saying I have enough to do (and spend) on models, if I get ONE lego set will will NEED all of them!

9. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    I had the moon base and the moon buggy :)

I've heard the siren call of Lego from their Xwing and Falcon sets but so far I'm resisting. I really just want the mini figs.

10. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    I don't watch it but I've read online that Season 18 of Dancing with the Stars returns March 17 and Billy Dee Williams will be competing. I may have to check it out.

11. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    Saw this, thought of Jammies.

[​IMG]

Yoda_Jammies likes this.
  12. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
  13. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    No idea why you would think of me Vox.

VoxDeamonicus likes this.
  14. Commander APPO

Commander APPO Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 19, 2012
    HAH what a universe of fun^:)^

15. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    that is an awesome setup

16. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Indeed, full of awesome.

But where are the 3D asteroids?

17. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    that is a very valid and important question, jammies. I find your lack of 3-D asteroids disturbing. Do not disappoint me.

18. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Cool Cool Cool. Working on it.

Meantime, while not yoda jammies; Ms. Jammies got me a kick ass Boba Fett jammies with Mandolorian Robe today for my lifeday. Sweetness.

19. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    Happy Life Day!

20. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Happy belated Jammies!

21. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Thanks Mika and Vox! (feel free to start a life day thread and lavish me with praise ^:)^ for staying on this planet for another solar cycle!)

So, the above ships are all 1/144 scale, or twice the size of the ships that come with the game. At the time the game came out-- they just had 4 ships and I had a lot more than that (see above, and then imagine my 'to do pile'). Well, now they almost as many ships as I do--- and a few that I don't (the Moldy Crow in 1/144 for example). But, if I switch scales now and but more ships-- Ms. Jammies will kill me (see above comic). Wonder what to do?

Mediate on this I will, as I make asteroids. :)

22. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    at least get a firespray in the right scale. and any others that you use a lot. the others don't really matter.

23. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    Happy Belated Life Day!

24. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    I didn't watch it, just read the day after reports on the web. There were Ewoks in the audience :)
    http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2014/03/17/dancing-with-the-stars-recap-season-18-episode-1/

"Let’s just get the inevitable pun out of the way. Will the Force be with Billy Dee Williams in the ballroom? He and Emma Slater start off their partnership with a cha-cha. Last season, in her pro debut, Emma took another Bill – Engvall – to the finals. The 77-year-old Billy Dee has arthritis in his back and had two hip operations, but Emma is full of optimism as she rehearses with him. R2D2 makes an appearance at the start of this cha-cha, which –yep – is to a very familiar movie score. Billy Dee walks more than moves, he hardly moves his hips, and the steps in which he points his toes resemble someone dipping a toe in water to see how hot it is. Bruno wanted Darth Vader, not C3PO. Carrie Ann considers Billy Dee the most relaxed dancer she’s seen on the show, and that’s not really a compliment. When Len begins his criticism with “you were on time,” you know he can’t come up with anything else nice to say. Score: 15 (Carrie Ann 5, Len 5, Bruno 5).That said, Billy Dee has a great deal of audience love on his side, so this could be another Bill Nye situation, in which he makes it out of Week 1 despite some bad scores."

You can watch a video here (until it gets pulled)

http://jezebel.com/here-is-billy-dee-williams-epic-dwts-star-wars-disco-d-1546069554

25. Lord_Zannah

Lord_Zannah Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    My Jammies, once again you have set the modeling bar. Well done!! All Hail.... ^:)^

And Thanks Mika... we also recorded this on our DVR.