main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Intro Scene

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Loupgarou, Nov 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    Go with the hero and then introduce the villain.

2. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    I think the film should open with a debate in the senate on the issue of taxation. Then, just as the audience moans "not again" and starts to nod off, a massive bomb goes off wiping out most of the New Republic's senators. The heroes then have to pick up the pieces and track down the terrorist responsible. So I guess that would technically be a villain intro :)

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Whenever I see the title of this thread, I keep thinking of those sitcoms that open up with a character walking into a public establishment while applause goes off.

Palpatine2016 likes this.
  4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    So a rip-off of the New Rebellion?

5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    My thoughts exactly. Adam Driver = Kueller? [face_skull]

Force Smuggler and Iron_lord like this.
  6. Condition2SQ

Condition2SQ Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    It will be a shot of Luke reading the GFFA equivalent of AARP magazine on his table..er...datapad.

7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    No complaints from me. I liked that book. Works for me.

8. RyanForder

RyanForder Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 3, 2014
    Luke and a young Jedi fighting off some bad guys like TPM. Luke dies. :) feel free to kill me 10x over

9. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Me too. One of my favourite EU books actually.
    I'll pass.

10. Lord Megatron

Lord Megatron Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2014
    I'd rather it be a villain introduction. The villain is usually the instigator in the story, so it makes sense to start with him (or her!) kicking off the plot.

11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Abrams movie output for intros: MI:3 - Villain intro (with hero there but basically a villain scene). Star Trek: Villain scene, definitely, with heroes doing stuff. Super 8: montage-y bit but introduces the heroes (but with sad overtones since major bad things just happened). Into Darkness: total hero scene.

So he's even on that. And he's writing the script (with others) on Ep. 7. Looking at his last 2 movies, he's due for a villain intro. But Star Wars has to introduce characters, especially after all this time has passed, so I'm leaning towards an opening much like TPM. Main heroes are in it, villainous overtures.

12. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm thinking it will start off with 3PO and R2 in some capacity, then we'll be introduced to one of the new heroes. I don't think the Big 3 will make an appearance until a decent amount of time into the movie. After that they'll probably take a much bigger role.

13. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    it really depends on the story. i'm leaning more toward a villian oppressing the good guys. since vader and the emperor are dead a new adversary needs to be established.

14. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Slo-mo shot of new villain flanked by the Force-ghosts of Sidious and Plagueis. The Three Evilteers!

15. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    And a slo-mo shot of the villain waving their fabulous wavy hair back and forth in the air.

TX-20 likes this.
  16. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Or the villain walking away from an explosion without looking back at it.

Dra--- likes this.
  17. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    first scene will be a starry backdrop of space (as the credits roll away) and then pan down.

18. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Psh that's soooo 2005.

EHT likes this.
  19. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012

Yep! Let me know when we have a discussion about whose gonna do the catering on the set.

20. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    http://www.thestudioexec.com/2014/02/star-wars-vii-catering-firm-confirmed.html

HankSolo likes this.
  21. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012

LMAO

EHT likes this.
  22. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I can picture something like this...

After the crawl disappears, the camera looms down onto Coruscant. A dark ship approaches, and in its belly, the double doors that lead to its docking bay begins to open. A small shuttle drops down from it's harboring vessel and makes its descent through the thick clouds of Coruscant. Inside it's cockpit, a helmeted pilot presses buttons and switches to direct his lord's ship towards the old industrial sector of the planet. Some minutes later the shuttle starts it preparations to land, and after doing so, one of the factory buildings cargo bay doors down below opens to receive its recipients. As the Shuttle settles in the building's docking bay, the ship's ramp lowers to the floor. A dark figure emerges and walks down it, and after glancing around as if trying to sense something nearby, resumes his way towards a doorway leading further into the building. Some time passes as he makes his way through, until at last he comes to a particular room — a room with little light. In it and seated in a high chair with computer displays all around him sat another dark figure deep in meditation. As the newcomer enters and bows before his dark master — the Dark Lord of the Sith and former apprentice to the late Emperor Palpatine raises his head and smiles a wicked grin at his recently discovered apprentice.

23. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    Actually, there's a part of me that think maybe the first scene will be a flashback. Yes, I know that would be very un-Star-Wars-ian, but I have no doubt there are plenty of un-Star-Wars-ian surprises in store for us with the sequels.

24. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Plagueis, obviously

25. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I say a rather insignificant (in respect to the plot) hero scene... something involving Luke or Han Solo landing/arriving at a destination. Since their first appearance onscreen will trigger a rather crazy response, it would make sense for it to be a rather innocuous moment (so that nothing important is missed).

Iron_lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.