main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's the Hero?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Archimage, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    That's what I was thinking of. Thank you.

Umm... I took that to simply mean that Obi-Wan himself will likely appear in spectral form (which is, of course, the most conservative way possible of including the "Kenobi family" in the picture, but there it is). :)

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I thought you said spectator form and that each and every theater playing VII would have the ghost of Alec Guinness watching the movie.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  3. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I'd love a Goth or Punk hero.

Dra--- likes this.
  4. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Becoming a Jedi, so easy a Caveman can do it.

5. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Then Rebels may be what you're looking for. They gave Sabine kind of a punk look (in that sort of safe, sanitized/generalized, "Top 40" version of punk), and if that's your bag, you might check it out.

I'm not over the moon with her design, but I think it's okay. I did think her character's description in her intro video sounded promising, though. I'm looking forward to the show (even if not near as much as I am the ST).

Dra--- likes this.
  6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Could switching to the dark side really increase your midichlorian count? Does Jar Jar have a really long tongue?

7. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    As long as the hero isn't anything like this guy, I think I'll be fine with whoever he or she is. :p

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I believe it was Immortiss who brought up the idea of exploring Shmi's relatives in the ST and I was thinking about that idea today. One of the interesting things about exploring the roots of the Skywalker clan would be to discover where they actually came from. It's clearly not Tatooine because Anakin says he was only there since he was three years old when he and his mom were sold to Gardulla the Hutt. So what is the origin planet of the Skywalkers and how did Shmi become a slave? My favorite thing about the idea though is if Plagueis is the villain and the writers are reaching into the past for the villain then to me it makes sense that they would also reach into the past for the hero. This would all play into Anakin's origins and what role Plagueis had in it. I could really see this tying everything up in the finale of the Skywalker Saga. The origins of the Skywalkers are revealed and the Sith Lord who started this whole thing is defeated by the decedents of the woman he used as his experiment.

9. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    Bases on the latest rumors, not a skywalker offspring.

10. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    That's not what I took from the latest rumor, but I suppose one never knows.

11. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I like it! Especially with the idea of origins. The story should grow out from within. Expand the backstory, while moving forward. Hasn't that always been the rule?
    Alternatively, an immortal Sith, who manipulated the midichlorians to cheat death, was countered by the Force/The Whills, who in turn instructed the midichlorians to create Anakin. Why the Skywalkers? In the Ancient Prophecy we learn the Skywalkers were a chosen people. The instrument of the Force. Relatives of the Whills. Before time; before mortality. Just another take.:)

Thanks for the credit, Darth Chiznuk. You da Man!

12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    That's very interesting! I remember reading somewhere that one of Lucas' original ideas was that a holy man known as the Skywalker learned the power of the Force and taught it only to his own children to avoid anyone using the dark side. His children passed it on to their children and their children passed it on to their children all the way down the centuries eventually becoming the Jedi Knights. I'd say that's very intriguing and perhaps it was the Whills who taught this holy man about the Force. Maybe one of these ancient Skywalkers dabbled in the dark side opening Pandora's box as they say. So Anakin is chosen to fix the problem one of his ancestors started in the first place. Maybe all of this history is lost to the Jedi of Anakin's age so they have no clue of the boy's lineage when he walks into their temple.

13. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    It's tough to sort through rumors. I checked the sources (Empire Magazine and Variety), but the wording was vague. For all I know Disney might try to purposely throw us off.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...g-jedi-20140313,0,7596591.story#axzz2vydye8IF

14. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd love if the hero wears black.

15. SarlacsDinerParty

SarlacsDinerParty Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2014
    Probably Leia and hans child. [face_dancing]

16. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    John Boyega & his sidekick, Luke Skywalker Jr

17. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    Boyega, Gleeson, Ridley and Driver before the latter turns to the Dark Side. Damn, that leaves Isaac unaccounted for. We'll either see a lot of heroes or a lot of villains.

18. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Call it a hunch, but I think Boyega will be the young star of Episode VII and fall in combat to the new baddie, with Gleeson eventually becoming the central figure of Episodes 8 and 9.

Wildcatbarry likes this.