main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Ahsoka in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Valkyrus, Nov 6, 2013.

?

What should Ahsoka be like if she turns up in Rebels?

1. Like she was before the S3 timeskip. Snippy, impulsive, petulant, a little over-agressive

4 vote(s)
    1.1%
  2. Like she was post-timeskip: Mature for her age, insightful, reserved, able to mentor others

203 vote(s)
    57.2%
  3. Radically grimdarkened, fatalistic, sarcastic, determinist, but still essentially a good guy.

115 vote(s)
    32.4%
  4. Non-Sith Dark Jedi... either freelancing it, or with a group like the Nightsisters

15 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Sith-aligned Darksider working with the Empire / Vader etc.

18 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    He'll do it and say "...and that's just the way Rebels goes sometimes." [face_plain]

2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I got that "From the desk of Dave Filoni", his stationery.

3. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I knew it!

4. Werebazs

Werebazs Jedi Master star 1

Mar 20, 2013
    I voted grimdarkened good guy, but I mean it more like an embittered version of post-timeskip Ahsoka, than as someone well-meaning who's edging on falling to the Dark Side.

Sophdeon and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Grimdarked good guy seems plausible since she got booted from the Order, all the Jedi killed around her, and God-knows what she had to do to survive, maybe she just flat-out tossed her lightsaber out the window. Want to see a Vader/Ahsoka showdown if only because I can see the drama in her finding out who he is, going to try to confront him for some reason, and Vader just smacking her around.

6. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Here's my idea: how about we see what happens to Ahsoka in season 6 of TCW. If she lives in season 6, she should appear in Rebels. I do think she won't live past the time period of Rebels, unless she were to be frozen in carbonite for whatever reason. At the same time I don't want her killed off after one season.

It would be stupid to kill her off in season 6 IMO. I do see her potentially surviving Order 66, but not much longer.

I see her being a very good Rebel leader. She was starting to act very maturely at the end of TCW season 5.

7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Her arrogance can lead to her death.

8. tutor71

tutor71 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2014
    I think it be awesome if she joined Ventress and they worked together as mercenaries and with one good and one bad I think that be a great team as they would balance each other out to get the job done.
    tell me what you think?

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I say she will come in and have a show down with Vader to end it and dies.

10. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Radically grimdark but still good–but I don't think she needs to appear at all.

TaradosGon likes this.
  11. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I don't know if Ventress would have the patience to deal with some of Tano's baggage. The co-operative relationship the two shared at the end of Season 5 was a temporary arrangement, I think.

Further, I kind of don't want to see Asajj's narrative tied down to another single character like that (unless it's with Obi-Wan). ;)

That's certainly what I would like to see happen.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It is like how people say Maul should be killed by Obi One same with Ashoka

13. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    choice number 3 for me. I mean I suppose it could go either way between 2 and 3 but given what she's been through and what she will go through with Order 66 and such, my vote is for option 3. Now, to be clear, Rebels is not her story, it shouldn't be about her story and if...IF...she shows up, it should be in one episode/arc tops as a supporting character to maybe wrap up lose ends and that's the sort of person I would picture her to be by this point.

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Exactly.

Also any story line would probably include Ahsoka enlightening Asajj or some such, and I don't enjoy throwing my wine glass at my TV.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  15. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Like Ezra does with Luke, Kanan makes for an interesting comparison with Ahsoka.

Their ages say much. Ezra is said to be 14 years old in Rebels, which starts off roughly in the year 5 BBY. This implies that he was born in 19 BBY, the setting of ROTS, which makes him an age match to Luke. Ahsoka is said to be born in 36 BBY, giving her the age of 17 during the events of ROTS and making her 31 when Rebels begins. Kanan seems to be of a similar age, and he doesn't appear to have been a fully trained Jedi when Order 66 was executed. He still retains the ponytail characteristic to (some) Padawans of the old Jedi Order. In this regard, Kanan does resemble Ahsoka to some extent.

For a moment, these parallels made it seem as if Kanan was in the role that could have been planned for Ahsoka. However, even if they did at one point, perhaps LFA didn't want just one member of the Ghost crew to outshine the others simply by virtue of her having a leading role in a prior show. Perhaps they didn't want to waste the potential - marketing, narrative or otherwise - of Ahsoka by doing to her what they've got planned for Kanan, already rumoured to be a grisly demise. Regarding the narrative, Ahsoka is closely linked to the Skywalker family and there would be a lot of things to drag the plot of Rebels back to the Skywalkers had Ahsoka been given a major role. For example, Darth Vader would have inevitably been her main antagonist, as opposed to the fresh, punchable face of the Inquisitor. My sense is that Rebels is an attempt to present an original story that's largely unbound to that of the Skywalker clan, and not just a hurried TCW post scriptum . I for one find that refreshing.

My general attitude is that TCW characters should stay well away from Rebels, and that their stories should be properly continued/resolved in the Clone Wars era in whatever media format, leaving the Rebels characters to develop independently without legacy characters incessantly outshining them, that going for other EU as well as TCW and film characters. However, if Ahsoka does show up in Rebels in some (ideally limited) role then I expect the parallels with Kanan to be made apparent.

16. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I had a vague notion that the "jedi" on rebels would end up being Ashoka but now that clearly isn't it with Kanan. As for her on the show, I think it's a fantastic narrative thread to pick up, however, a guest-starring episode (or, heck, give her an arc!) would work well. Y'know how most of the TOS cast kinda met up with the TNG cast eventually? Do that. Out of all the Clone Wars characters threads left hanging, and good golly there are a lot of them, Ashokha has the most potential. And Grimdarked!

Now, if they just want to leave Ashoka at her S5 ending, I would be okay with that. It's a nice, dramatically satisfying ending. But it does feel a tad incomplete. However, on the flipside, does anyone see any way they could bring her back and give her a happy ending? I think S5 is as happy as it could get for her, considering the Order 66 of it all.

17. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011

Ventress and Ahsoka need a secret handshake, with some move they call "The Force". Maybe they could just air-five with TK.

Manager Dave Filoni should set up a mud wrestling match between Ventress/Ahsoka and Hondo/Lord Kowak. Maybe add Cad Bane/Todo 360. Or maybe Todo could just be the ref.

This is what I think.

Oh, and I still want that thing where Ventress and Ahsoka lock wrists and swing each other around, knocking over stormtroopers.

18. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    The Ventroka Supremacy.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  19. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Don't give the man any ideas!

If it was Bo/Ahsoka bikini mud wrestling or even Barriss/Ahsoka you might have something.

ETA: Either mud wrestling or a tickle fight!

Speaking of. Having seen the concept art with Ahsoka on Mandalore with Bo Katan, do you guys think some of that unused plot thread will be carried over to Rebels?

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Maybe we could go back to Mortis and have mud-wrestling in the Well of the Dark Side. Ahsoka will wear a tube top and goggles.

The Father could then try to throw Hondo out the window and miss. That and the goggles will be symbolic of shortsightedness or something.

Heero_Yuy : I hope not, since Ahsoka was appointing Bo-Katan to something.

The more I think about it, the more I want an all-new show with no TCW connections, even to parts of the show that I like. Clean slate please.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  21. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011

I didn't even think of that, the symbolism in Mortis is so deep and rich.

22. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    What does the tube top symbolize then?

23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Rebellion against the restriction of movement she feels as a Padawan. Because all clothing symbolizes restricted movement. Only in nakedness can we be free.

Or alternately, clothing that serves to squish one's boobs tighter than a mammogram machine, could indicate a desire to become a child again.

Or something.

Whereas the graduation to a boob-hole top says "I am now serious adult. No more rebelling for me. Everyone thinks I'm the greatest now anyway. And you can get a tiny peek at my boobs."

24. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm warming to the idea of her encountering Vader, but refusing to duel; after a brief discussion (trying to awaken Anakin), he spares Ahsoka and tells her to go - with the promise to never hunt her down.

It would be quite emotional and drop the first hint that "there is good in him"

25. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    It would also be dangerous on his part since if Palps ever found out that he had done that there'd be hell to pay.