main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    "The rock"? Have you seen Anakin's abs when he got out of bed after that ROTS nightmare?

Just sayin'. :p

JackG and cwustudent like this.
  2. Embomania

Embomania Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
    I'm rewatching the whole series now and I can't believe how many times they say "I have a bad feeling about this."

Every damn episode. I'm all for nostalgia but there's a line and they practically sprinted across it.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  3. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    For early episodes like Shadow of Malevolence, George walked into the writing room, slammed down a copy of each of the original film scripts, cut each line out separately with a pair of scissors and dropped them onto the table. The writing team were required to create their new scripts using only these lines.

4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I called it first. =b

Man, Clovis may not have been the brightest glowstick at the rave but man he had balls to basically tell Anakin, "come at me Bro". Might have been the second dumbest thing in the Galaxy since a certain Padawan of Anakin's decided to take this keycard and break herself out of jail.

As for cringe worthy lines. I was never really bothered by reuse to dialogue from the movies. It was just part of that campy charm TCW had, something it shares in common with the both the PT and OT more than I think alot of fans realize.

5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Sure you did :p

6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

Do you recall when everyone and their mom was giving me a hard time over when I messed up an iconic line from ESB like 40 pages back if not more? Called it there. =b

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
  8. CT-5555

CT-5555 Jedi Padawan

Mar 13, 2014
    Been plowing through this show courtesy of Netflix. I just finished the Umbara arc, and damn if it isn't the best one so far. Hell, it's probably one of my favorite stories in the Star Wars universe. This show is very flawed, but when it delivers, it DELIVERS.

9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yeah, Umbara is pretty awesome and still ranks as my favorite arc. It still ranks highly in animation and sound phenomenal on a good sound system as well. Rex's character evolution in that arc is some of TCW's best work where he actually has to use what he learned from Cut Lawquane a couple seasons ago. Man, I about tear up thinking about Waxer's death. I need to go back and watch again. Need to marathon the clone episodes actually.

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Dr. Seuss wrote books that way. Green Eggs and Ham came from a list of first-grade sight words. (Love me some Seuss.)

As far as OT lines, it depends on how they were used and by whom as to whether it bothered me.

07jonesj likes this.
  11. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    That was a great part of episode. Clovis clearly thinking he had pulled Anakin down to equal terms by baiting him into not using the Force or his lightsaber....then Anakin proceeds to smash the motherkriffin' sithspit out of him anyway. If anything, Clovis just made it more painful for himself.

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

Yeah, needless to say I was satisfied with how badly that plan backfired. It wasn't just that it was a dark and mature sequence since Clovis has just tried to force himself on Padme. I was again left wondering if this arc might have been pulled by CN during season 5.

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Clovis creeped me out in Senate Spy and did so again in these episodes.

Wella Targana and Paparazzo like this.
  14. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Right? He is a total sleazebag.

15. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Do not give Disney any ideas...

16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

It's not like they read these boards or anything...:p

17. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    When did they make the official announcement about the lost missions being streamed as "Season 6" on Netflix?

18. CT-5555

CT-5555 Jedi Padawan

Mar 13, 2014

Back in February, I believe. This is the article that made me aware. http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/02/13/star-wars-clone-wars-netflix/

19. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, it was in the original official announcement:
    "The Galactic Republic, Disney/ABC Television Group, Lucasfilm, and Netflix Inc. today announced the highly anticipated debut of the sixth and final season of the Emmy(r) Award-winning series Star Wars: The Clone Wars exclusively to Netflix members in the US and Canada on Friday, March 7. Accompanying the 13-episode new season dubbed "The Lost Missions" will be the entire Star Wars: The Clone Wars saga, which includes several director's cut episodes never seen on TV as well as the feature film. This multi-year agreement also makes Netflix the exclusive subscription service for the entire Star Wars: The Clone Wars series."
    http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-...-lost-missions-to-hit-netflix-on-march-7.html

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  20. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Funny how SW.com refers to it as The Lost Missions despite also calling in season 6 in other materials.

21. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Has anyone (Circular Logic?) been speculating about the Season 7 meeting art that Filoni released?

Ahsoka appointing Bo Katan "KS provisional leader"?

Mandalorians colored in Maul's black and red?

Maul looking like a Sith Lord all decked out in robes.

Quinlan Vos holding and apparently mourning a dead Ventress?

My first thought is that Ahsoka and Katan may be the beginning of the Rebellion. Or one strain of the Rebellion. And if Sabine is related to Katan in any way, then maybe we see Ahsoka and Katan in Rebels at some point?

22. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    OMG, yeah! He snuck into her room Aladdin-style, but instead of stun-blasting his ***, she said, "I wanna hear what he has to say," and stayed overnight at his Bond villain lair private residence. Idiot. And you know what makes this even creepier? Not only was Palpatine aware of everything going on, he had a hand in it! Ick.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I have never hated Padme as much as I did in that arc. Well, maybe in ROTS.

Ugh, no. Under whose authority?

Indifferent.

Indifferent again.

Do not want.

Definitely do not want Ahsoka helping to start the Rebellion. Bo-Katan either, and I really like Bo-Katan.

I want the Rebellion started by the remaining members of the Delegation of 2000, who maybe recruit some other Senators; at some point they organize various small cells on different planets, cells of resistance against the Empire.

TCW characters need not be involved and I'd rather they weren't, especially in any sort of major way.

Trebor Sabreon, Bliss000 and Dra--- like this.
  24. Embomania

Embomania Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
    Inquisitor robes, perhaps?

25. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    EHT Thanks. I was on there earlier this month and didn't remember seeing anything. It was my tax guy who mentioned netflix had sent him something about it; his two boys are big fans of the show.

EHT likes this.