main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanFic Ask Me Anything ~*~ Version 3.0 Daily Questions (See list on pg 164 or 1)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    You all may have heard of reddit's Ask Me Anything where everyone from the President of the United States, movie and TV stars to normal people with interesting lives/jobs open themselves up to the reddit masses and allow people to ask them anything

With fanfic here on the JCF becoming a smaller community over the year (though we are hoping for a resurgence with the new movies!) we thought it might be fun to get to know each other better and have a FanFic version. So welcome to:

6/14/15 - We are temporarily doing daily questions. Below are the rules and questions.

How this will work:

Everyday we will all answer the same question and we will go in order. So today Sunday, June 14th we answer question 1, Monday we answer question 2, and so on and so forth. I've dated them below to make it a bit easier. (In Month/Day/Year format because I'm hopelessly American. :p )

If you get behind, please feel free to catch up with the past few days.

The questions will be on the first page of this thread so you can always find them and I'll post them again periodically in the thread.

Please quote, bold or somehow restate the question before you answer, especially if you are catching up on a few days. It just makes it easier for everyone to read.

Daily Questions:

(6/14/15) 1. Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?

(6/15/15) 2. Would you like to be famous? In what way?

(6/16/15) 3. Before making a phone call, do you ever rehearse what you're going to say? Why?

(6/17/15) 4. What would constitute a perfect day for you?

(6/18/15) 5. When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else?

(6/19/15) 6. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year
    old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you choose?

(6/20/15) 7. Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die?

(6/21/15) 8. For what in your life do you feel most grateful?

(6/22/15) 9. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be?

(6/23/15) 10. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know?

(6/24/15) 11. Is there something that you've dreamt of doing for a long time? Why haven't you done it?

(6/25/15) 12. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?

(6/26/15) 13. What do you value most in a friendship?

(6/27/15) 14. What is your most treasured memory?

(6/28/15) 15. If you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are now living? Why?

(6/29/15) 16. What does friendship mean to you?

(6/30/15) 17. What roles do love and affection play in your life?

(7/1/15) 18. When did you last cry in front of another person? By yourself?

(7/2/15) 19. What, if anything, is too serious to be joked about?

(7/3/15) 20. Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? Why?

(7/4/15) 21. Would you be willing to have horrible nightmares for a year if you would be rewarded with extraordinary wealth?

~*~*~*~*~

2/15/15 - We have now changed to Revere FanFic Ask Me Anything.
    If you would like to be the subject of the original AMA and haven't been before, let me know and when we make a change again, you'll be on the list.

Tentative Rules For Reverse FFAMA:
    (These rules may change as we go, depending on how doing this works out. )
    • The Question Master will be announced and then they will ask a maximum of 3 questions per day, all in one post.
    If they are very closely related, two questions can be counted as one.​
    Example: What is your favorite type of music? Who is your favorite artist that does that type of music?​
    • Those who wish to answer the Question Masters questions will do so in one post. (Please make sure to quote (or at least copy/paste) the question you are answering. If you need help with how to quote someone, PM me and I'll give you step by step instuctions.)
    You do not have to answer all of the Question Master's questions for that day. If you only want to answer one, that is fine.​

• The next day, the Question Master will ask a maximum of 3 questions, and then people will answer. This will continue until the end of that QM's week.
    If you miss a day and want to go back and answer a previous days question, you may so long as it is still that Question Master's week.​
    The weeks will run Sunday through Saturday. If you missed Saturday's question you may answer it on Sunday, but please try not to start the new QM's week with answering questions from the previous week.​

FanFic Ask Me Anything

How it will work:

• 1 person will be the subject of FFAMA for a week.
    • People will ask that person anything they want, things like: How old are you? Do you have any pets? What's your job/school major? What's your favorite non-SW book? to things like Coke or Pepsi?, Pancakes or Waffles? Dream vacation? Whatever you can think of, no matter how silly or serious, you can ask. (So long as it stays TOS compliant, of course.)
    • The subject will then answer those questions, hopefully with a little explanation for their answers, but that if of course up to them.
    • The next week the mods will introduce someone new and the questions will start for that person.
    Rules:
    The subject has the right to refuse to answer any question as this is the internet and they may not want to disclose certain things.

You may ask more than one questions, we encourage you to do so, but please keep it to one question per post unless there are two questions that are very connected. Ex: What is your job and do you enjoy it?

Please wait until someone else has asked a question before you ask another, unless it's been more than 12 hours since the last question.

Be creative. Okay, so that's not a rule, you can ask anything you want, but fun questions lead to fun answers. (Of course serious questions can be fun and interesting too.) Remember, it's Ask Me Anything

Subjects of FFAMA:

Please quote the question so everyone is aware of which question you are answering.

If there have been multiple questions between your last answer session, please quote and then answer multiple questions in one post. (If you don't know how to do this, please feel free to ask a mod.)

If you don't want to answer a question that is perfectly fine, please don't feel pressured to do so, but giving us something interesting or random in it's place would be great!

Do you want to be the subject of FFAMA? Please send mavjade or Briannakin a PM letting us know! Don't be shy! We may also send people PMs asking if they would like to participate.

Subjects List
    Clicking their name takes you to the begining of their AMA

mavjade
    Briannakin
    Goodwood
    divapilot
    leiamoody
    Ceillean
    Anakin Solo Revanchist
    Nyota's Heart
    madman007
    earlybird-obi-wan
    Findswoman
    taramidala
    K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku
    Revanfan1
    TrakNar
    Mira_Jade
    Idrelle_Miocovani
    JadeLotus
    Gamiel
    JediMaster_Jen
    jcgoble3
    SabyneAmberle
    Raissa Baiard
    ThreadSketch
    ginchy
    Chyntuck
    Space_Wolf
    Mando-Man
    NYCitygurl
    Kahara
    Ewok Poet
    Viridian-Maiden
    AzureAngel2
    skygawker
    Cushing's Admirer
    NightWatcher91
    amidalachick

(Thanks to Chyntuck for getting the links to each persons start of their FFAMA!)

Question Masters for Reverse FFAMA
    Findswoman

2. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    The first, so I guess the, um... test subject ([face_worried]) of FFAMA is...

Me, mavjade

We thought getting to know your mods better might be fun so we will be the first subjects to your questions.

So FanFiccers, Ask Me Anything!

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Where do you live and what do you do for a living?

4. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    How did you get sucked into Star Wars in the first place?

5. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    What is your favourite animal and what do you associate it with?

6. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    What's the very first fanfic you wrote and how old were you at the time?

7. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    What is a story you've wanted to write, but haven't and why haven't you written it?

8. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Do you have a theme that you address either in every story or nearly and why is this important to you?

9. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    Who is your favorite Star Wars character?

10. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Have you ever been to Walt Disney World?

11. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Woah, lots of questions already! I like it! :D
    I'm going to apologize now because I'm sure some answers are going to get lengthy.

I currently live in the United States in a suburb of Boston, Massachusetts. I say I live in Boston to anyone who lives outside the area because most people know where that is. I only live about 2 miles from the Boston city limits anyway.

For a living I'm a respiratory therapist at Mass General Hospital which is one of the top hospitals in the US. Last year we were number one but we fell to number two this year to Johns Hopkins. I primarily work in the Burn Intensive Care Unit and we also contract with Shriners Hospital Boston which is a children's burn center. My job primarily deals with managing all the breathing aspects of mechanically ventilated and/or tracheostomy patients, but if it has to do with breathing an RT probably does it or at least can do it.

Also when you hear people say "pulling the plug", it's a respiratory therapist who takes the person off the ventilator (breathing machine), not a doctor.

My parents were big fans so I remember watching it as a very young child. My earliest memory of a movie is Luke watching the twin suns set on Tatooine.

As far as getting into the fandom, my boyfriend in high school/college was a big fan and had read the books. He started telling me about Luke and Mara and I found myself reading from the Han Solo Trilogy to catching up to where they were releasing in the middle-ish to end of NJO.

Penguins!
    I've been obsessed with penguins since I was 2 years old. My parents figured I'd go into zoology or something along those lines, but it never really occurred to me that I could have a job like that so I never pursued it. When I go to an aquarium with them I tell the people I'm with to just leave me at the penguins and get me when they are done. ;)
    I don't know that I associate it with anything, I've loved them for so long they just are a part of me.

The first fanfic that I actually wrote (I started a few on here that I never finished) was Always, which is of course truncated on here (yes, I just gave you a link to my first fanfic...don't judge ;) ). I was in college when I wrote it, around 21. I didn't find fanfic until I was in college, though I had written short stories as long as I can remember.

Hmmm...
    I think I've started a few that I wanted to write but haven't finished, but I don't know that I have any that I haven't even started. Mostly, the reason I haven't really worked on those or posted them is because I don't really like how they've gone so far. I like the ideas, but I'm not happy with the execution. They are all longer fics because I don't have quite the same pickiness with oneshots.

I don't know that I have a theme I address in all or even most of my stories, but I will say most everything I write has some kind of angst in it. I don't do it on purpose, I sometimes try to write things that are all happy and fluffy but it usually doesn't work. It may end happy, but there's going to be some kind of drama first. My muse likes teh draaama.
    I do sometimes wonder what that says about me. ;)

Edit: Getting in a few more.

As the screen name suggests, Mara Jade. She's what drew me to the EU, her fiery, strong attitude and to be honest, her initial hatred of Luke that turned into love. But Luke and Ben come very close in line behind her.

I have, twice! Both times when I was already adult and no children around. One time was with my ex and another couple and the second time with my mom, because it had been intended to be my honeymoon but that didn't work out. ;)
    I would love to go back, I love Disney!

Goodwood and Jade_Pilot like this.
  12. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Do you ever work references and/or homages from either real life or non-SW literary/artistic sources into your writing?
    (mavjade, you're still the one we're asking, right?)

13. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Have you ever left the United States?

14. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Yep, asking me for the next week, then it moves on to someone else.

I've certainly used real life as inspiration for several fics. I've used things I've seen working in a hospital several times (those usually end up as death fics [face_whistling] ) and I once used a discussion a friend and I had in high school as the major plot point for a story. As for other literary/artisic sources, not that I'm really aware of, but I'm sure I have subconsciously.
    I have written a few challenge fics that were inspired by a picture or painting. I'm usually much more inspired by a picture than a word prompt.

If we're counting Canada, yes. But honestly I don't count that -at least the parts of Canada I've been to- especially since you didn't need a passport to go. (I don't mean to say that the US and Canada are the same, but the short amount of time I was there are the area, it didn't feel like being in another country to me.)

But... In 18 days (not that I'm counting ;) ) I will be in the Dominican Republic at an all inclusive, all adult resort! :D I'm sooo ready to go.

I do want to start traveling more and have been saving to do so.

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Whew! Mav! I feel late already! [face_laugh] This is cool, like author interviews. ;)

Are you an only child, or if not, what place are you in the family?

16. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    I live in Canada, and you definitely need a passport to cross the border either way. I'm going to assume your last trip was before January 1, 2008? (I believe that was the date that the passport became required.)

Other than mod and fanfic and stuff, what do you like to do in your free-time?

17. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    How many words is your longest completed piece and what's it called?

This is a informative thread. :D

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Did you ever do creative writing in school/college? If so, was it fiction or nonfiction?

19. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Do you collect anything? I'm not just talking Star Wars collectibles(which you can answer with), but things like magazines or vinyl records.

Sent from my stupid little astro droid using TapaTalk 2.

20. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    What is your favourite sandwich?

21. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    What is your favorite (nonSW) book and why?

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    What kind of environment is most conducive to writing fanfiction: e.g., in a quiet room versus outside in a park?

23. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    What activity do you find calms frustration/upset/agitation most? Is it physical or more mental in nature?

24. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    We thought it could be like author interviews, but where anyone in the community of fanfic could ask or be asked. :)

I'm not an only child, I'm the baby of three. My sister is 16 years older than me (I'm actually closer in age to her kids) and my brother is 5.5 years older so I spent all of high school being an only-ish child.

The first time, it was certainly before 2008. I went on a cruise that had a Canadian port last year and they said to get off the boat you only needed a birth certificate, but I had a passport so it wasn't an issue.

In my free time I like to watch movies and TV, bake, I do enjoy cooking as well, but I'm a much better baker than I am a cook. (I think it's cause baking is exact and cooking kinda varies). I'm teaching myself to sew, I'd like to make a SW costume before Celebration 7. I also like to play board/card games, that's one thing I love about having roommates is playing games. I do play video games on occasion but I get frustrated with those.

My longest completed fanfic was around 20,000 words or so and was called, I Do, Promise.
    It was actually the fic I mentioned above that was from a conversation in high school. My best male friend and I made a pact that if by 50 neither of us was married or in a committed relationship we would marry each other strictly for companionship (not a romantic relationship). I took some liberties for the story, but the idea was from that.

I've written more words for an original story, but it's not even close to finished.

For college, unfortunately no. I wish I had. Being in a science major I took a few writing classes, but they were mostly how to write a memo or a scientific paper kind of classes.
    Though one of the classes did allow us to be somewhat creative since we were all from different kinds of majors we had a fictional scenario that lasted the entire semester (a giant space cat sent a catastrophic hairball to Earth and we were part of the team starting to colonize Mars) so there was a little creative writing in that.

I used to collect penguin things but when I moved to Boston I had to leave most of them behind. :( (I had well over 200 things: figurines, stuffed animals, etc.) I really don't anymore because my living arrangement isn't completely permanent and storage space in Boston is at a premium so I don't really have the room.

Grilled cheese! I don't eat it very often because, talk about a sandwich that is terrible for you, but I love them!
    But I do like most sandwiches so long as they don't have tomato... I hate tomato.

If I had to choose 1 book, (which of course is really hard!) I would have to choose The Giver.
    I read it for the first time in 5th grade and it really moved me. I've read it again every few years and every time it's a completely new book that makes me look at life a different way. I don't want to give it away so if anyone hasn't read it, you should. It's really short as it's a children's novel. They are also doing a movie of it soon, which makes me a little nervous.

But I read a lot of Non-Fiction too, and my favorite Non-Fiction book recently is Quiet: The Power of an Introvert in a World that Can't Stop Talking.
    Being an introvert myself, it was interesting to read way to deal with a very extroverted world (in the US, at least).

It really depends on my mood. Sometimes I'm more inspired when I'm in a public place, but other times it's too distracting. To be honest though, the place where I probably do the best is in the bathtub. There's just something about being in a bath that gets the muse working.

Dancing. I grew up doing ballet, tap, jazz, modern, and took class for 18 years. I don't get to take class much anymore, but I dance in my house a lot and I think it's both physical and mental. There's just something about dance that allows you to express and release a lot of emotion that you may not be able to express another way.

Padawan Fangirl likes this.
  25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    If you could have a purely self-indulgent, pamper-myself kind of day, what would you do? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.