main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Who here actually LIKED the book Revan?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by DarthZotte, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthZotte

DarthZotte Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 21, 2014
    When you consider the films already had an Emperor, who was boring anyway, you make some good points.

2. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    I have that book sitting on my shelf and I loved the KOTOR games. You guys are seriously making me not want to read this thing now. I'm not happy that they screwed with the Exile either.

3. DarthZotte

Feb 21, 2014
    Don't judge the book by other people's opinions. Check it out for yourself. I threw The Last of Us: Left Behind as non-canon because I disliked it very much (bad story, very little gameplay, boring gameplay, etc). You have the choice to decide what you'll go with.

Darkslayer and Revanfan1 like this.
  4. BenKenobi1138

BenKenobi1138 Jedi Knight

Nov 12, 2013
    Yeah Darth_Furio

I played both games and absolutely loved them, and Revan is one of my favorite novels. Just don't read it with a negative mind set, otherwise you won't like it no matter how good or bad it really is.

Darkslayer likes this.
  5. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Thanks Guys!

6. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Darth_Furio: I have also fallen into that trap. It's not a good place to be. Ask opinions weigh them but make up your own mind. :) You may love Revan like I found JAT pretty enjoyable in spite of the fact many here lambast them and KJA's writing style. It really is up to the individual what they enjoy or not. I hope if you read Revan that you do. :)

DarthZotte likes this.
  7. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I did enjoy Revan, for the most part, even though Karpyshyn's writing style is fairly simplistic and it's never more evident than in this book. But, uh...

This.

DarthZotte likes this.
  8. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    DarthZotte BenKenobi1138 Finally I've found some fellow KOTOR fans who enjoyed the Revan book! It wasn't KOTOR 3, but it was as close and as well-done as it could be for a book, IMO of course. I hope someday we do get a KOTOR 3 with the Scourge character as the PC, to tie in the gap between KOTOR 2 and SWTOR. They could even rework the game so we see more of the Exile's character, and so we find out what happened to Revan's and the Exile's companions.

I really hope EA doesn't leave the KOTOR series behind, there is so much more that could be done with it. You could even do a whole prequel about the Mandalorians Wars from Malak's POV.

DarthZotte and Iron_lord like this.
  9. DarthZotte

Feb 21, 2014
    I'm glad you found some people :). I love the KOTOR games and Revan. I actually played and beat both KOTOR games then read Revan almost immediately after, so the events of the games were still fresh in my mind when I read the book. I loved all the callbacks to the games and I felt Drew Karpyshyn handled Revan well (Revan is rightfully Drew's character after all, which some people seem to forget). You're right, there IS much more that can be done with the story of KOTOR and that time period. I also really liked the TOR tie-in novels (though Annihilation was the weakest one). I just feel that this particular time period has such great stories, and I DO prefer these over any post-ROTJ material.

Iron_lord and Darkslayer like this.
  10. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I'm really hoping Disney will eventually do a KOTOR-era movie trilogy. It makes too much sense. :)

DarthZotte likes this.
  11. AplagueOnTheWise

AplagueOnTheWise Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    It's a decent read. Like the backstory or Scourge and the Sith society but it was a little short for my liking

DarthZotte and Iron_lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.