main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanFic Ask Me Anything ~*~ Version 3.0 Daily Questions (See list on pg 164 or 1)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Trousers, skirts, or shorts? And why?

2. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Is this becoming a spam thread? :D

3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Since I don't have kids, and my boyfriend lives 200 miles away I guess technically everyday I'm not at work is self-indulgent. ;) But if we're talking special, do anything kind of day, it would probably be laying on a beach reading a good book, then a massage (I've never had one, but I'm pretty positive I'd love it), a afternoon/evening walk in a new area and then dinner at a nice, dress up kind of restaurant. If I could manage to throw in a good musical production in there somewhere, all the better.

Mostly I'd say trousers... not that I call them that because I'm American. ;) I'm not very lady like in the way I sit most of the time, so shorts and skirts can be a little bit of a problem.
    I do like wear shorts in the summer, but mostly because pants at that point are too hot, though I hate getting stuck to seats in restaurants/public places when wearing shorts. I like skirts if they are very full so that my non lady like sitting is covered up.

I do like getting dressed up to the nines and going out somewhere, then the skirt of the dress doesn't have to be full, but I don't get to do that all that often.

Lol! Nope, this is what it's for! :)
    Though I may be exhausted by the end of the week. ;) But keep 'em coming!

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] Here's a fangirly question. If you could bring Luke and Mara together earlier or differently, what would that look like? :)

5. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    If you could have any technology from the Star Wars universe, what would you pick?

6. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    This is fun!

Who's your favorite Disney princess?

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  7. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Fave non-SW film antagonist and why?

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Favorite music & singer/group of all time?

9. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Favorite rare/expensive food?
    (Oh, this is so voyeuristic!)

10. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Oh, the questions are getting harder!! [face_worried]

You know, I don't think I would bring them together earlier. I like that it takes time, but obviously that it did happen eventually. I don't think one gets over wanting to kill someone very quickly and I really liked that's how their relationship started.
    Looking at it in a real world view and not inside the story, I do wish that it had been a little more consistent with their growing friendship. You did see it in some books, and it didn't have to be in all of them, but a little more would have been nice so that it didn't seem like Luke proposing came out of nowhere.
    I knew it was going to happen before I even started in the EU so as I read, I saw their relationship growing with relationship tented glasses, but I can see how it wouldn't be that way to everyone.

I would probably say something medical, even though it would put me out of a job. ;)
    Bacta, the ability to make realistic and completely functional prosthetics, things like that would really make a difference in the world.

But I'd also like the ability to do faster than light travel, because exploring our own galaxy would be so amazing!

I'd say Mulan... can I say Mulan? Does she count? I think she does.
    She's strong, intelligent and much more independent than the princess that came before her, and a lot that came after her. (Though there have been a few more within the last few years. :) )
    I do like the other princesses, but I think most of them had their era, and the stronger female now has her era, Mulan was just a little earlier than the rest.

Hmm... I'm a big fan of the anti-hero so I can name a bunch of them, but I've never really thought about my favorite non-SW antagonist. (SW is a little easier)
    I'm going to think on this one and come back to it... I promise I will answer.

When I was a teenager I was into boybands (Backstreet Boys! I'm not ashamed!) and watching MTV's Total Request Live, but probably 90% of what I listen to is from musicals because I'm a dork like that.
    There is one band I've liked for a long time (well over 10 years) called Enter the Haggis.
    They started as a celtic rock band where the bagpipes were pretty prevalent but over the years have turned into a roots rock band with occasional bagpipes, but I still love them. I first saw them at a highland festival and have seen them 4 or 5 times since.

I really like escargot... I'll eat pretty much anything smothered in garlic butter. Don't hate me, but I've recently tried foie gras and I'm sad to say I really liked it. :( There are humane ways to make get it and there are some places who do just that. I'm just going to hope the place I had it did, but I honestly have no idea. I'd probably not have it again unless I knew that, though.

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I love this kind of question: LOL

If you could be any age, what would it be and why? :cool:

12. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oooh, I like this idea for a thread. [face_thinking]

If there was one author you could write like, who would it be? Or, to make the question easier - who is your favourite author? :p

13. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Pancakes or waffles?

14. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    If you could live in another era of history which would it be?

15. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Are you sorry you decided to go first in this Fanfic Ask Me Anything thread?

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL JL!

~~

What historical person do you admire the most & why?

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  17. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Do you ever fantasize about actually being in the Star Wars universe yourself, and if so, what timeframe and location pops up the most in these fantasies?

18. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    What's your favorite Star Wars fanfic of all time?

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  19. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Have you ever considered what you'd think the RL people would be like in the SW Universe? (Mark, Harrison, Ian, Ewan).

20. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    You know, I actually loved high school and had a blast, which is what I usually answer this question with. Not as much responsibility, but I was having the time of my life getting to perform a lot (dancing, I was also in show choir and the drama club), but now I don't think that's my actual answer.
    But I think I'm going to go with the lame answer of think the age I am right now (which is almost 30). At 25, I did't want to see 25 and thought 30 would be awful, but I'm not at all worried or upset about being 30. I'm comfortable with my life and myself (mostly... we all have our days), I can afford to do most of the things that I want to do, and while I don't think I'll ever feel like and adult I'm old enough to have had enough experiences to know that I can deal with most anything and know that no matter what life throws at you, you can learn from it.

(I don't promise that this is my last cliche answer... but it is the truth!)

This is going to sound strange, but I really don't have a favorite author. There have been a few authors that I've enjoyed a few of their books, but not really anyone that I will read something specifically because the wrote it. I pretty much read things based on the synopsis and other than SW, usually don't read all that many books that are a series (there are exceptions, though.)
    As far as Star Wars goes, it would be Allston, Zahn or Stackpole, though there are others that I really like as well.

This is very important, it can make or break a relationship. Pancakes, the correct answer is always pancakes.
    I mean who doesn't like socially acceptable cake for breakfast!

Can I just go with the Doctor and see all of time and space??! :D

Yeah, okay...
    I don't know that I would really want to live in the past, it would be very hard as a modern human to live in the past. People that lived before electricity wouldn't miss it because they didn't know about it, at a time before the internet people didn't miss it because it didn't exist. I don't know that I could tolerate living in a time before women's rights or before the Civil Rights Movement... there are days I can barely tolerate the bigotry, racism and sexism we see today.
    I'd love to experience parts of the past, I just don't want to live there.

After thinking about it, I think if we are talking on film it would be Loki. He has a few redeeming qualities, but he really is a bad guy, but he's fun to watch as a bad guy. I've liked all the Marvel movies, but I really get excited when Loki is in it. (It doesn't hurt that Tom Hiddleston plays him. ;) )

LOL! Ask me again at the end of the week! Though I'm slightly afraid to see what I'll wake up to tomorrow... but still if it's a slow day at work tomorrow (hopefully!) it will give me something to do.

Picking just one... ugh...
    I feel like as an American I'm automatically drawn to American figures (Abraham Lincoln, John Adams, Ben Franklin) which really isn't fair as there have been admirable people from everywhere. But if forced to choose right now I'd possible say Marie Curie. (THough I really don't know anything about her life other than her work, so I don't know how admirable she was as a person.)

She was the first woman to win a Nobel Prize (won two in fact), was the first famous women in science (in the modern world), and made several discoveries that are essential to medicine.

Honestly, not that I can recall. I'd daydreamed about what to do with a story, so I guess I've daydreamed about the characters, but not really ever me in the SW universe. If I did, it would probably be sometimes after Luke has established his Jedi Order but before the whole Abeloth thing.

You guys really like making me pick one thing from things that have long lists, don't you. ;)

I would have to say Bearing the Chosen by RedGold. I think this was the story that really pulled me into fanfic as a community. It was so good that I couldn't help but need to comment. And now I want to read it again!

I can't say that I have. Having acted in many things over my life, I know that you may be nothing like a character and while I associate those actors with the roles, I see them just as that, roles. Thinking of the actor in the universe rather than the character is uncomfortable for me, this is why I'm not a big fan of real person fic.

taramidala and jcgoble3 like this.
  21. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    What's your opinion on Star Wars/Earth crossover fic?

22. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Have you been to any of the SW Celebrations and if so, have we met?

jcgoble3 likes this.
  23. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    If you were writing EP 7, with any actors you wanted, how would it go?

24. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Speaking of Disney, what do you think of the purchase of Star Wars by Disney and how will it affect the future of the SW universe?

(btw, while I was reading your answer about Loki, I was watching Thor and Loki came on and lied to his brother; "Mother forbids your return." Liar!)

25. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    The ultimate question . . .

Do you prefer white, milk, or dark chocolate?

Obviously, there is no wrong answer. ;)

26. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Have you met anyone from these forums in person?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.