main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Rumors circulating that Jay Carney is likely to leave the WH soon.

2. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    i think reid might actually be senile at this point.

3. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
  4. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Can't say I'm surprised if this is true. He's been there for a very very long time.

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Is he leaving voluntarily, or is he being dragged out kicking and screaming?

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Popping in here because this showed up on my Facebook feed:

The cost of a simple breath

Sweet. Jesus.

I take the generic for Singulair and pay $40 per rescue inhaler (my insurance covers the rest of the cost) and I feel like I've got it easy after reading this.

I feel so bad for people who have to go without because they can't shell out hundreds of dollars. Especially when other countries manage to make them available for much less.

What a ****ing racket.

(FWIW, Primatene Mist inhalers are evil, but so are closed up airways.)

beezel26 and Juliet316 like this.
  7. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002

This is part of the GOP's new outreach to women and non-white people.

8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  9. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Guns in Cars sounds like a death metal band.

Juliet316 likes this.
  10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  11. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    And the measure would prevent any other law enforcement agency from taking up the investigation once it had been closed.

“People in Wichita are already afraid to file complaints against the WPD, because the department has a well-known reputation for retaliating against those who do, and this bill would render such retaliation legal,” Kansas Exposed noted. “Furthermore, the bill clearly prevents an outside agency, such as the Kansas Bureau of Investigations, from opening an investigation into an allegation that the WPD has already ruled upon.”Ironically, the anonymously-filed legislation would also ban anonymous complaints against police.
    Nope. No one is trying anything dystopian here. Nothing to see. perfectly innocent.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Any state that selected Sam Brownback on three separate occasions to represent them in the US Senate- and then decided that it wasn't enough, they wanted him to be governor - is not to be trusted to adhere to any kind of sanity.

13. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    George Orwell is pooping his pants in his grave.

14. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002

cant get enough of that brownback

heels1785 likes this.
  15. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    What is really sad is those states that are so called progressive do not do anything about it. California beats up car manufacturers and others about the smog but those already needing a breath are screwed cause California won't get the drugs to be cheap. Really sad.

16. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    To be fair the author of the bill is anonymous. Perhaps because they don't want to be linked to this. The police have something on him so under the guise of anonymity he can pay them back without getting his butt kicked. I am sure he is getting blackmailed into this. No one is that stupid.

17. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Anonymous has written some really good poetry.

18. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    If the Democrats want to hold onto or advance their number of seats in the House and Senate this November, what should they focus on?

I think they should focus on:
    1. the economy (jobs, minimum wage and other labor laws, infrastructure, tax reform, decreasing Medicare costs, the Paycheck Fairness Act for women)
    2. ending the war in Afghanistan
    3. the good that ObamaCare is accomplishing
    4. fixing the political system (campaign financing transparency, nonpartisan congressional redistricting, further erode the filibuster, automatic voter registration/updating, mandate early voting and vote-by-mail)
    5. immigration reform

Jedi Merkurian and Juliet316 like this.
  19. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    The biggest thing the Dems should address is the hijacking and spinning of language used by the GOP to make their evils sound good. Otherwise 1 3 and 4 are the main course.

--------------------------

The Guns Everywhere bill of Georgia

Basically, this new law will allow Georgians to carry guns absolutely everywhere they go, including churches, bars, government buildings, airports, and any tax-payer funded facility. It also allows teachers and administrators at every school to be armed.
    Initially, the bill also made it legal to carry guns onto college campuses. But, at the last minute, they took out the provision which allowed for all out carrying on campus. However, before you breathe a sigh of relief here, you should probably know that in the fine print, they made sure to decriminalize it. So, basically, now, carrying a gun on a college campus would merely trouble you with a pesky fine similar to a minor speeding ticket (around a $100). Oh, and have I mentioned that Georgia boasts some of the top party schools in the nation? I mean, what could possibly go wrong here??

[​IMG]

20. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    libs never manipulate language to further their causes? it's like their number one tactic. i don't think this kind of thing can be "addressed".

and that gif is FANTASTIC.

TOSCHESTATION likes this.
  21. TOSCHESTATION

TOSCHESTATION Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Illegal Immigration = profits for the Republicans and their business bed buddies, and Democrat voters-for-life for the Dems.

22. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Illegal immigrants can't vote.

23. TOSCHESTATION

TOSCHESTATION Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    "Immigration reform" or "amnesty" = makes them legal . Then they can vote.

24. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    You said Illegal Immigration, not Immigration reform.

25. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    You need to read the actual language of the bill. If it passed before elections (now doubtful) it would only apply to illegal immigrants before a certain date, and even they wouldn't be able to vote until the 2030's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.