main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Ahsoka in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Valkyrus, Nov 6, 2013.

?

What should Ahsoka be like if she turns up in Rebels?

1. Like she was before the S3 timeskip. Snippy, impulsive, petulant, a little over-agressive

4 vote(s)
    1.1%
  2. Like she was post-timeskip: Mature for her age, insightful, reserved, able to mentor others

203 vote(s)
    57.2%
  3. Radically grimdarkened, fatalistic, sarcastic, determinist, but still essentially a good guy.

115 vote(s)
    32.4%
  4. Non-Sith Dark Jedi... either freelancing it, or with a group like the Nightsisters

15 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Sith-aligned Darksider working with the Empire / Vader etc.

18 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Sounds a bit like Vader in Tag & Bink, Revenge of the Clone Menace - who spares the protagonists during the Temple massacre (they arrived as it was going on) because they helped him romance Padme three years before.

Vader: "Live good lives, 'cause if I see you again I will kill you."

BigAl6ft6 and DanielUK like this.
  2. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    The Mortis Trilogy is so deep . . .

Actually, your interpretation of Ahsoka's boob hole is 100% better than the, "official," justification.

Lastly, no. **** no to Vader letting Ahsoka go because, "there's still good in him." At this point, any good with in him should be buried deep down within the lowest depths of his soul. No more weak Vader please. I want to see Darth Vader as he was in ANH and ESB. I want kids to be reminded why he's the greatest villain in film history. Conflicted Vader comes later.

If he encounters Ahsoka, the two choices she should be given are join me or die.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Exactly.

I don't want ANYONE finding good in Vader until Luke shows up.

It would be emotional for me all right. Because "royally pissed off" is an emotion.

4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I liked Dark Lord's showing of how Vader went from depressed and somewhat purposeless in the aftermath of RoTS, to ruthless, obsessive Jedi-slayer.

5. tutor71

tutor71 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2014
    LOL The Force Five that would look awkward to anyone else seeing that.
    and I hope they do carry over to Rebels I just what to see more from them.

and if anyone what's to talk more Clone Wars and Rebels am up for it just follow me or friend whatever.

6. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Ahsoka tries to reach Vader? Yep. Love it. No problem there whatsoever.

Ahsoka rekindles some semblance of "good" in Vader? Good God, NO!

Just for those who may have somehow missed it: Luke is the one to do this. The first and only since Padme.

It's... well, it's kind of a big deal.

Jeez!

7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't even want her trying to reach Vader.

Hank Hill and Revanfan1 like this.
  8. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    I'd prefer she not even know Vader's true identity. Perhaps not until she's been run through by his lightsaber and breathing her last breath.

Hank Hill and Revanfan1 like this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Not even then.

QuangoFett likes this.
  10. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Agreed on all accounts. Hear that, Filoni? That temptation telling you to use Ahsoka as a Luke proxy against Vader? Ignore it. Temptation = bad. Don't do it. [face_praying]

(That may be the first time I've ever used that smiley, but it's important.)

11. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    I bet Filoni is digging this thread.

TKT and Heero_Yuy like this.
  12. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Well, when I said "love it," I meant as in there's nothing in the story preventing it from happening.

Unlike, say, the idea of anybody other than Luke actually succeeding in rekindling the good in Vader. I mean sheesh, it's like some folks haven't ever watched the movies, or something.

And yet, there's a part of me that wouldn't be all that surprised to see it happen, with some lame, rationalized excuse from on high about how it still allows the story and themes of the films to "technically" work. :oops:

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    *pours more wine*

Bite your tongue.

I wouldn't be surprised either though. And "lame, rationalized excuse" exactly.

I mean, it's not like a saga of movies should ever make sense on its own, without explanations of how they do work together from "a certain point of view." Because if you actually need the explanation, you're just not a Deep Enough Thinker or something.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  14. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    We have to go deeepur

[​IMG]

15. Sophdeon

Sophdeon Jedi Knight

Oct 25, 2010
    This sums up my thoughts on Vader until Luke brings out the good in him.

That said, I would love to see Vader kill Ashoka. It would be a good way to demonstrate how much he has changed, especially if she fails to make any positive impression on him prior to dying.

Honestly, her appearance in Rebels coule be a great way to show some character development for several characters. First, I think she deserves an ending, and I wouldn't be surprised to see her survive Order 66 due to leaving the Jedi Order. It would be nice to see how she has changed leaving, and what impact the dark times have had on her. Second, the presence of a disillusioned provides an opportunity for another character to gain experience motivating others to resist the Empire. How amazing would it be if a pivotal player in the Rebel Alliance first learns to motivate resistance to the empire by helping Ashoka find hope again. Finally, as I said above, her death by Vader would be a great example of the changes he has experienced.

I really think Ashoka's future has some great potential, but should only be handled if it's going to be done well. Plus, it isn't exactly necessary that she appear in Rebels, but I would like to see her again.

Iron_lord likes this.
  16. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Maybe leave her for Ep VII and have an interaction with Leia, who is struggling to deal with her fathers legacy. Ahsoka could be the one to describe all the good Anakin did.

17. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Turning Ahsoka to the dark side is the most good I want to see in Vader.

QuangoFett likes this.
  18. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    ^ Only if her Sith name is Darth Snippy. If only because Darth ****y wouldn't fly past censors.

19. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I just found this post over at another forum. Oh, the Sue-ism. The Sue-ism! :_|

Bold mine. :rolleyes:

20. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'd been avoiding this thread mostly but I'm a bored insomniac. While I think there is room in Rebels for some TCW characters to take a background role and embark on new character arcs within the show. I think that would be used for more minor characters with Cad Bane, Ventress, and Maybe Rex has the biggest TCW characters that could carry over. Ahsoka is out for me.

If she did come back... I do kinda like an idea I saw posted that Ahsoka would become a powerful, brutal, and ruthless. She's fallen to the darkside but sees herself as the good guy because she goes around assassinating people within the empire donning blasters and maybe force choke just like she was framed of doing. Rarely drawing her saber to keep her cover. When she does she mows down her enemies and even one or two begging for their live. If Ahsoka does meet Ezra she quickly reverses Kanan's still more orthodox Jedi teaching compared to her.

And this should last for maybe an episode then she can have a heroic last stand again the Inquisitor and die.

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Revanfan1 : There is nothing about "can't kill" and "good story" that mix, nor is there anything about making Vader look like a schmuck that would make for a good story.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  22. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Oh boy.
    But Filoni wouldn't dare. The man likes Ahsoka, but Vader is clearly another calibre.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  23. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    ^ Filoni's love for Ahsoka knows no limit. Vader who?

24. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    They already had one guy (Starkiller) who they basically made more powerful than both Vader and Sidious.

Who's to say Filoni won't do the same with Ahsoka?

Between Starkiller, Ahsoka and whoever else they come up with along the way, Darth Vader, the one-time most badass villain in cinema will end up being Worfed into a laughing stock.

25. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    To be fair, Lucas is the one who started the whole thing about Vader being "weak" and "pathetic" after Mustafar. So, it's not that shocking that later writers tried to follow GL's wrong thinking school of thought.

Ahsoka should be helpless against the might of a Dark Lord. Even one who's a cripple. And I REALLY don't like the idea of her being better than Luke.

And if she went up against The Emperor and holds her own . . . I'm not gonna lie. I'd have to find an Ahsoka cosplayer and punch her square in the jaw, dance on her knocked out body, and drink Dave Filoni's tears out of a champagne glass.