main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode 7 Plot Ideas

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthRuss, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Palpatine's P.A.

Palpatine's P.A. Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 9, 2014
    Whether or not bringing back Palpatine is a good idea or not, I do think it will happen. I can see the main villain (Adam Driver?) seeking out what is now called Moraband as he looks to reestablish the sith and find more power to use against the heroes and encountering there an artifact that Palpy's spirit is possessing in some way or even just a ghost (but somehow different to jedi ghosts, maybe just a voice) and the Sidious ghost says he's unworthy to begin with but gives him a chance to prove himself by killing Luke perhaps. This can happen at the end of the film and he becomes the apprentice to Palpatine who himself somehow grows stronger through this act. The next 2 films deal with the aftermath of this.
    Although I'm reluctant to reference Harry Potter here, I guess it would be similar to how Voldemort was a broken spirit but was helped to return by followers.

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Darth Vader would be rolling in his grave. Or sifting in his funeral pyre. Or passive aggressively haunting in his Jedi temple if Palpatine were to come back.

3. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Ah!!! Now we have some ideas for great plot ideas!!!

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That funeral pyre is hardly the end. It's not like we haven't already seen the guy survive being burned before...

5. Darth Swede

Darth Swede Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 4, 2012
    I think the conflict between good and evil should be on a lower level in EP 7 than in the OT. Palpatine is dead (I hope...), and no equally powerful darksider should exist in EP7 (that would make the conclusion of ROTJ a bit pointless). But there can of course be several lesser darksiders around the galaxy (perhaps former minions to Palpatine who are now on the run). However, the new Jedi order is equally weak. Luke has to build it from scratch, and might not have first class Jedi material to work with. So there could be a confrontation between "weaker" darksiders and a very young Jedi order, which would be less epic than the PT and OT, but at the same time could allow for more "human" conflicts and character development.

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  6. Darth Swede

Darth Swede Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 4, 2012
    The main villain could be a crime-lord who has expanded his influence in the power-vacuum after the fall of the Empire. He has a dark-sider as adviser and "power behind the throne".

7. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    [​IMG]

I'm telling you it's Keyser Soze!

8. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    THIS, except I think that what the villains lack in power they should make up for in number. Legions of darksiders that are basically the product of a still weak-incubational Jedi order. I also think that after ROTJ, there will be a lot more Jedi dying by putting their lives in the hands of darksiders in an effort to redeem them back to the light.

Dra--- likes this.
  9. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    That would be interesting if the theme of redemption played a big role in how Jedi confront darksiders. Why not? It worked for Luke. Kind of strange if they just go back to cutting them in half -- although that's what will likely happen with more movies. I can't imagine them selling a whole trilogy full of redemptions. Although it is very interesting.

10. Darth_Articulate

Nov 1, 2012
    Certainly, it wouldn't be all redemption and it would be only those Jedi who would voluntarily do such a thing, but for the ST truly be the final part of the saga, I think what Luke did in ROTJ should change the Jedi MO in a major way. Acts of love should feature a lot more now, and not just acts of complete opponency.

Dra--- likes this.
  11. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Luke will hug his foes to death.

Dra--- likes this.
  12. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Episode VII

The Empire has been defeated & a New Republic has been formed. However the scars of the Empire & the decades of war remain. There has been a backlash against the notion of the Force from within the political sphere & the wider population. The rise of Palpatine, Vader & even going back to the Clone Wars & Dooku are all portrayed as a result of the infighting & corruptibility of Force users, namely the Jedi & the Sith. The claim is they are too powerful & even Jedi were shown to be seduced by this power. After Palpatine the New Republic leaders are paranoid about a powerful Force user ever holding a position of influence again. Despite the objections of a minority including Leia, it is decided not to reinstate the Jedi Order as protectors. Due to these fears it is hoped by many that the Force will fade out of all knowledge & existence.

Despite these developments, Luke was determined to carry out Yoda's charge of passing on his knowledge of the Force. However he could not do so within the Republic. Though greatly saddened by this "new world" he decides to respect the law & leaves the boundaries of the Republic. He establishes a base at a far off remote location. He takes on an apprentice, maybe a few.

Cutting to the chase, when a former Imperial officer shows up with the Imperial fleet (& a Sith or some nasty old Jedi) the New Republic is quickly overwhelmed. They soon realise that aided by the Dark Side this isn't an enemy they can hope to defeat via conventional means. Eventually the Republic appeals to Luke & co to save the day. Two emissaries are sent to him asking for help, Han & Chewie. What Luke doesn't realise is that this is merely the first move in a plot that has been 30 years in the making. Is the target really the Republic...or the last of the Jedi Order?

Of course some of the "next generation" will be also be key players in the fight. Also to up the personal motivation for Luke I'd have the bad guys either capture or kill Leia. That ought to fire he & Han up. Another thought, perhaps the bad guys publicly discredit Luke by revealing he is the son of Vader.

13. Darth_Articulate

Nov 1, 2012
    Wow. That is one long opening crawl ;)

Dra--- likes this.
  14. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Part crawl, part synopsis, part wild theory :)

15. Darth_Articulate

Nov 1, 2012
    Smothering class is what was missing from the PT

Dra--- likes this.
  16. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    It's all pretty logical though. I wouldn't be surprised if we see something similar to this. Particularly the part about the Jedi Order not being reinstated by the Republic.

Although I hope it's the opposite: Luke decides not to have the Jedi serve the Republic.

StoneRiver and Darth_Articulate like this.
  17. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Force Hug.

Dra--- likes this.
  18. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Force Pacifism

Dra--- likes this.
  19. Darth_Articulate

Nov 1, 2012
    What else would you call Luke constantly saying "I will not fight you"?

20. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    By the time of the ST, Luke is no longer a redemptive character. He is Leatherface. [face_nail_biting]

21. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Aha then Force Cannibalism!

Dra--- likes this.
  22. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Opening crawls have to (a) give a VERY brief overview of recent events, (b) give a brief overview of what we are about to see after the crawl and where the ship we will see is going and (c) set up the danger and immediate events/danger that the ship will come across.

As far as how the Force can be used differently with the main hero there's this idea. Both Anakin and Luke were seen as "chosen ones" but didn't realize their Force potentials. Sure, it was said that Anakin could "see things before they happened" and could ride pod racers. But we never saw his powers-they had to be trained. Luke had no visible powers until his training started and even then they had to be worked and he had to overcome his lack of confidence. That was what made his character development better than Anakin's.

But we haven't seen anyone who has powers, those powers are supressed and not "allowed" to be shown but does not know how to control them. These powers are more used for fear and danger but have to be changed. Yet, nobody knows who this person's true identity is because they were either adopted or orphaned. He/she's finally told by someone (who cannot be trusted) that their parents were evil and caused great harm to the galaxy (unlike Luke who was told his father was all good until he learned the lie). Finally he/she learns that his parents are really good but abandoned him/her out of fear of what they may become because of his/her grandfather. This could, if crafted well, actually lead to the dark side.

Ultimately SW is about family in a space fantasy setting. What will you do for your family? Do you believe in good where there's evil? Can you redeem?

There are ways of reversing the roles from the PT and OT but also keep with the themes. We've seen father/son but haven't dealved into siblings. We've seen a parent as the evil one but not the other way around.

Anyone who thinks that the ST will NOT be about falling to or tempted to the dark side is crazy. It's an avenue to explore these family relationships, whether it's the Sith, temptation into using the Force in wrong ways, or both.

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  23. LukeSkywalker7

LukeSkywalker7 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 14, 2012
    I was thinking it could work if the force has been outlawed and it's got a bad rep for what happened to galaxy was a force user etc. So Luke has been gone for many years maybe and everyone has lived in peace for a long time until the Sith( for a reason i don't know) come back and need Luke's help to stop them?? i dunno. It would give a reason for the older Han and Leia to be off adventuring again (along with younger leads). Maybe they were the ony people Luke trusted with his whereabouts.I'd maybe consider that Leia never revealed she was a Skywalker/and or daughter of Darth Vader and she chose to not aparently practice because she chooses a life with Han. ,family etc. But i'd give her an awesome force wielding moment as a "suprise" to everyone. I'd make Lando the head cheese of the new government as well. It's one less older person to be running around and I think he'd seem like a cool ,persuasive smooth talking leader.

24. LukeSkywalker7

LukeSkywalker7 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 14, 2012
    I also had an idea... if retaining your identity is a learned thing and a student of Luke's had learned this from him and then went bad .. would he now be the first sith ghost ever? Maybe that hurts the Luke character a bit though. What does a Sith ghost have to gain though really? Would he care about helping another living Sith defeat the Jedi? So maybe that's not a worthy storyline.

25. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Yes, this exactly! I'd go even further to say that whoever was in charge of the outlawing of the Jedi was secretly working with Luke to actually create a Jedi academy without anyone knowing. Perhaps that person, an elder in the New Republic, was a padawan at the time of the purge who escaped and never fully became a full-fledged Jedi but still believes in them. The only way to keep them protected is to keep them hidden until the time is right. The rest of the new Republic truly wants Jedi and the Force completely out of Galactic life.

But there are others scattered throughout the galaxy who were around during the purge. The "Elder Ten" or whatnot must be sought as they know more secrets than any of the "youngins" know (even Luke) about Anakin and the prophecy.

To protect their own children, Leia and Han had their kiddos adopted. However, a new enemy awakens and wreaks havoc on a galactic mission that happens to include the Solo children. A point comes when their parents must reveal themselves and that's what drives Han and Leia back into the adventure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.