main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit SOS: Save Our Skywalker, Luke Skywalker (v3)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mat Skywalker

Mat Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    I thought in TUF he admits it to being Force sensitive(thinking of his speech on Zonama) although it was different like the Dathomir witches saying words to used their abilities

2. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    MasterSkywalker86:
    That would be fine. If they're all up for the same role though, it most likely means the role isn't as Luke's son.

They could easily be a son of Han and Leia's though too...

Note that you did say, "rumor" though, MS. It could simply be that: a rumor and nothing more. That rumor could very well be wrong. And a Skywalker focus could just mean more of a role for Luke than Ardnt had planned for originally even if the rumor *is* true. It doesn't necessarily mean that Luke will have a kid or kids. As you know though, I sincerely hope that there *will* be Skywalker offspring because I really want Luke to have children or at least, one child. I also think it would be to Disney's advantage to have a Skywalker to follow into the future both in films and in books/comics/TV shows. There's something almost magical about the name, in my opinion. It is so recognizable.

),

Wasn't Mother Rell supposed to be even older than that? Closer to 400 years old? My memory could be faulty though.

Wasn't it said that it was just a different way of accessing the energy field? I think it was basically a different name instead of the Force, and a different way of approaching it.

Skaddix :
    Not necessarily though. Sometimes when people are starting something new, they rush to get it going, and sometimes cut corners in their haste to get going. I hope we won't see this with Luke and his new Order. (which I *hope* Luke has started!)

That's a good point. I think you're probably right.

Yes, I agree with you about this, S!

DigitalMessiah :
    I definitely prefer Luceno's explanation, and I really appreciated when he included that. It meant that Luke wasn't really weak. He simply wasn't using all of the powers at his disposal. He used just a small amount of the Force to augment his physical skills, and that put a lot of strain on Luke's body.

I agree!

Cushing:
    Oh, it certainly would be surprising.... and in a very unpleasant way, in my opinion! I never even gave it a thought that Luke wouldn't have started a Jedi Order by the time we see him in Episode VII. It was only after a conversation in the Episode VII forum that I started to worry about this.

There was some comment about Yoda telling Luke that he had to "safeguard the Jedi" , and there were other comments that strongly suggested that Luke might not have trained new Jedi in the years between RotJ and Episode VII, and that Yoda was strongly urging Luke to start doing that. I would find this very disappointing! What was Luke doing for 30 years that he couldn't start to train at least a small group of Jedi?

3. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Child of Winds: It was some of the various rumours floating about that has caused me to also wonder that. I hope it's unfounded. I sincerely hope they didn't politise him. That wouldn't suit his character at all. Likewise I hope Luke didn't simply go off on his own for years. (I haven't heard rumours in awhile) just thinking out loud here.

ChildOfWinds likes this.
  4. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    yep sadly Dark nest kind of went backwards from what was accomplished in TUF

5. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    ChildOfWinds, JJ Abrams is notorious for lying and hiding stuff. People thought Kahn was in the last Trek movie but he lied about it when asked directly. I want an honest character sheet right about now

6. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    JediMatteus and Revanfan1 like this.
  7. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    "It has also been confirmed that Star Wars: Episode VII is set about 30 years after the events of Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, and will star a trio of new young leads along with some very familiar faces. No further details on casting or plot are available at this time."

So Luke and Leia in their 60's

Han and Lando in their 70's

And the kids in their 20's

8. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    well that is closer to LOTF/FOTJ time period than i thought they would go. And this late and the game and their is not much of a jedi order? That is a travesty against Luke's legacy if true. although Luke was like early 50's ,30 years after ROTJ, not 60's. han would be 60's then not 70s. right?? I mean Luke was 27 in The Jedi Academy trilogy which was 7 years after ROTJ. So if he was 20 in ROTJ, he will only be 50, 30 years later.

9. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    He was 23 in ROTJ

since he was born 19 BBY

10. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    @JM

Save for the fact that it's a rumor and could have been an idea originally from Ardnt. The 30 years gap is more like what we expected. I find it hard to believe that we are supposed to take the new news negatively

11. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    He was 23 in ROTJ

since he was born 19 BBY

12. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    i don't mean to take it negatively, its just that at 53, he should have accomplished a lot more.

13. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    And aside of the one rumor, that I have yet to see anywhere else, who said he hasn't ?

14. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Now, now MS we should be more understanding of JM's plight, 30 years after, if true, practically axes his beloved NJO. (For anyone else that would be sarcasm, but I think it's an apt description of how JM views NJO!)

MasterSkywalker86 likes this.
  15. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    And supposed if NJO co-exists with Ep 7 ?

16. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Funny you should say that, just sketched out a number of ways it could end up doing just that over in the Disney thread so it may not be quite so cut and dried as it first appears.

JediMatteus likes this.
  17. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Setting Episode VII after the NJO makes it more likely to be preserved than setting it before, IMO.

18. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    I know I been over there and DM could be right. Let's see if Chewie screws our expectations up :p

Iron_lord likes this.
  19. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    I hope the NJo is kept and Jacen is back to being a great lightsided Jedi. No sith anywhere, and Luke's legacy mostly intact. I heard that he does not have a thriving jedi order by episode 7. That is why the title may be New Dawn. He is just beginning it. That annoys me, sorry.

20. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    Did you hear the rumor from someone else or are you reiterating the same one from the EP 7 thread ? And don't be sorry I can understand that bothering people, me included

21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    If the movie kicks off and Luke literally just rubs his hands and says "Okay! Time to rebuild the Jedi Order!" that would seem odd if he did nothing for 30 years (unless there's a plot-related reason why he didn't do any Jedi rebuilding. A big 3 decades long meditation stint and/or journey and/or spice bender). But should the movie kick off and he has, like, 500 students and Jedi Masters and Padawan system all revved up and ready to roll? can't see that one working either.

I think the very probable likeilhood is that we'll see the almost-beginnings of a New Jedi Order, not the start Luke at Square One or Start Luke at Square 10. I'm guessing more like Square 3.5. It has kinda almost gotten off the ground but not really. But stuff did happen, just not a hellova lot of Next Gen training stuff. Maybe a bit.

22. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Depends on how u define not much of Jedi Order, OJO counts have always be inconsistent but Luke's Order is likely to be small any way.

Familiar Faces well that could mean two different things ie familiar faces from the OT or familiar faces from the books so this could be interesting.

23. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    Could be books, comics, OT, PT, TCW, rebels

24. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    If he was born late enough in 19BBY, and ANH begins early enough in 0BBY, he could be 18 in ANH, 21 in TESB, and 22 or so in ROTJ.

I'm not sure if the official timeline supports it though - Luke and Leia being 18 in ANH may first have appeared in pre-prequel tie-in material (that contradicted the novelizations a little, which had Luke as 20 in ANH rather than 18).

MasterSkywalker86 likes this.
  25. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008

i am a little mad at myself. i dont know where i heard that. i guess some of that would be from the episode 7 thread. Don't remember the source though.

SKADDIX SAID

Depends on how u define not much of Jedi Order, OJO counts have always be inconsistent but Luke's Order is likely to be small any way.

right. I would hope for 60-100.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.