main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanFic Ask Me Anything ~*~ Version 3.0 Daily Questions (See list on pg 164 or 1)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Can you sum up your childhood with one story from it?

Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    What was your favorite TV show growing up? :)

3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I feel like the fanfic definition and the actual definition of angst are kinda different. The FanFic genre definition I think means high tension, drama, bad things happening, where as the actual definition is feelings of anxiety and worry. But do I think the primary emotive force should be "angst"? No, that reminds me of being a teenager. ;) Unless they are a teenager, then it's fine. (No offense to teenagers, we've all been there and all those hormones raging causes angsty feelings. :) )
    But I do think drama, anxiety, fear, all the feelings that make up angst are important in fiction because the are a part of emotions that everyone has, but it can be over done, certainly.

Sorry, I think I honed in on the characters that had died in the question. :)
    But again to be fair, we do continue to do bone-headed things over and over and don't always learn from it... I see it all the time. ;) But getting to the idea of your question, I think in SW that has more to do with the way they are written. Authors are writing novels at the same time and while they may know the major plot points of the novel that will come before theirs, they don't know every minute detail. So something could happen in one novel and in the next novel there is no trace of it having effected the person because the author had no idea. I realize it's not an in universe explination, but I think it's a fair one.
    I think what I'm getting at is it doesn't really bother me because I understand why it happens.

:D
    Oh that depends... it kinda rotates and I never really know when it will shift. I've been making dp4m watch Doctor Who and Torchwood so right now, I'm on a Torchwood kick and my favorite character is Ianto, closely followed by Jack (and yes, I'm a Jack/Ianto shipper). (I'm a huge fan of Doctor Who and my favorite character is River Song, but strangely I don't do DW fanfic unless it directly impacts Torchwood... I have no idea why)

But I also am a big fan of NCIS, my favorite character being Tony and White Collar, my favorite character being Neil. I've been part of a lot more fandoms but those are the three that keep cycling around recently.

Whoa... :eek:
    I'm going to think on that and get back to you... that's a hard one.

It depends on what you mean by growing up. If we're talking very young years probably Dark Wing Duck or Muppet Babies. If we're talking teenage years, it would be ER. Like I said I watched that show from 7th grade long into college so it kinda ran the gambit for me and influenced a good chunk on my life.

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Woot! No wrong answer for this one either. When it comes to fast food: burgers, pizza, or fried chicken? [face_laugh]

5. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    What makes for a good story, in your opinion? What do you like to read? What genres do you tend to avoid?

6. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    Hey, Fluffy, do you like stuffed animals?

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  7. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Ok, here's an easier one, what genre or subject matter would you never write?

8. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    Do you, or have you ever followed any religion?

9. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    If you have pets do they ever keep you company when writing and does their presence ever generate ideas?

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    What's your favorite thing to bake: category & the dessert. :)

11. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Speaking of NCIS (I love the show) what your favorite arc in the series? And oh favorite incarnation of the Doctor?

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    At an amusement park, what are your favorite and also least favorite rides?

13. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Still working on the one story from childhood question.

Hmm... Well I do like fried chicken, but since the place from my childhood closed (It was a local joint called Rick's Chicken) that's not my go to fast food. Then I have a weird thing about pizza... I don't like tomato's or any tomato product and while I'll eat pizza with pizza sauce on it as long as it's not too saucy and I have something like ranch to dip it in, I'd much prefer a white pizza. And while those are easier to find than they used to be, it still can be a pain, so I'll have to go with burgers.

I do love a good burger! There's a place near my house that does a candied bacon, caramelized onions and blue cheese crumbles and it is fantastic! Granted that's not fast food, but if I order it a few T stops away it's ready as I'm passing the restaurant on my way home. ;) (Not that I let myself eat that very often.)

I do!
    I used to have a bunch (mostly penguins) but I had to leave them behind when I moved to Boston and only bring a few. I brought my favorite penguin, my doctor bear that my mom gave me when I went to college and my stuffed West Highland White Terrier.

I don't like to say never, because things change (I've said I wouldn't read a few things and I've ended up doing it a time or two) and you never know, but I do have to say incest.
    I read a lot of stuff, some of it pretty strange, but that's my squick so I figure since I won't read it, I'd never write it.

I grew up Episcopalian but now I have two answers, a long one and a short one. The short answer is I'm an atheist and have been since around 10th grade. The long answer is I'm a secular humanist with Buddhist leanings. I don't consider myself Buddhist, but of all the religions I've studied (and I've studied quite a few) it has the most that I use in my life.
    I do love to study religion though.

I wish I had pets, I want a dog very badly. I grew up with a dog, we got him when I was 9 and finally had to put him down when he was 18.5 years old, so a good chunk of my life was with him around.
    But one of the downsides to renting in a city is very few places allow pets, mine is one of those places. I sometimes torture myself by looking at petfinder.com and all the dogs that are adoptable in my area.
    But yes, my dog used to sit with me while I wrote, though I can't say he really ever inspired anything in a story... at least not that I recall.

It depends on my mood, but probably cake. I have a recipe for a really good white cake, buttercream and fondant that is actually edible... all homemade. I'm not the best artist, but I try to make creative looking cakes.
    I try to make things I've never made before kinda often... my goal this summer is Baked Alaska, including making my own ice cream.

Honestly, and this probably goes back to previous answers about liking my favorite characters to get hurt, but my favorite is from season 2 when Tony got the plague and I like how it still comes up on occasion. I guess that's really not an arc, so maybe the Ari arc which was around the same time. But I've loved a lot of them so it's hard to choose.

As far as the Doctor goes, 10 is my doctor, but I do love 11 a lot.

I'm afraid of heights, but I love roller coasters! I'm somewhat of an adrenaline junky, so while the heights freak me out, I like the kick from them. (This is also why I love traumas and codes at work... all the high adrenaline stuff.)
    I do not like things with repetitive motion, like tea cups... they make me nauseated. [face_sick]

14. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    What's your favorite sport?

15. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Apparently my question was a repeat, so trying again...

Do you like any cartoons and/or comics? If so, what are your favorites?

16. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Met any celebrities?

17. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    This is a bit of a morbid question, but, how do you want to die? What do you want done with your body?

18. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    What do you think of the announcement that the new trilogy will take place in approx. 34 ABY?

jcgoble3 likes this.
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Gee whizbang, goodwood. Really?! :eek: That kind is beyond the TTT timeframe isn't it? [face_worried]

Do you like water sports: swimming, skiing, sailing? :D

20. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Wait, people actually believed that was a possibility? They haven't invented time machines or de-aging machines so far as I know. :rolleyes:

Mav, forgive me if this has been asked, but what do you have a favorite book and if so, what is it?

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Have you always lived in the Northeastern U.S./New England area? If not, how do you like it compared to other regions, as to climate and things to do, and the characteristic 'feel'? (This last means the atmosphere people claim each region of the U.S. has that defines it.)

22. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Two words: Jeff Bridges. Two more words: Tron Legacy.

Actually, that gives me an idea. What do you think of Tron mavjade?

23. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm sorry all, I had a really terrible day and just want to climb into bed and do nothing... especially not use my brain. ;) But please keep the questions coming! I'll answer tomorrow when I manage to drag my lazy bones out of the bed.

24. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Sorry to hear about that, Mav...we all have those.

When you need to unwind, what stress-bleeding activities get the most reliable results for you?

25. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Ugh. I hope you feel better.

What was the last completely random, fun purchase you've made.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.