main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Official Sequel Trilogy / Legends / Expanded Universe discussion thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by YoureNotJonesy, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyanForder

RyanForder Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 3, 2014
    Does anyone think Darth Vader would play a part in the PT? i mean just anything to acknowledge him like his mask or sith legend or something

2. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012

I'm thinking Vader will get a Dream Sequence of some kind. There's no way they won't include him, he's too Iconic and they are bringing back the Big 3. I kinda don't want a force Ghost of Anakin. I just want Luke going through some trail again or having some dream and he talks to Vader.

3. Bo916

Bo916 Jedi Knight

Jan 19, 2006
    So 30 years after OT. New trio of heroes. Anyone else think this could mean Jacen Jaina and Ben? We know that Jacen picks up some abilities that let him peer into the past. Perhaps through this method he is able to observe Vader? Maybe something Jacen does here causes a ripple into the past that splits the EU into an Alternate Universe. Thus letting it remain intact, along with a new movie continuuity.

ScorpionJedi likes this.
  4. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Someone really wants the EU to survive. Badly.

5. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014

What if the new hero is Anakin reincarnated? Once he finds out, he could dedicate his life to do-gooding to rebuild his karma.

6. Bo916

Bo916 Jedi Knight

Jan 19, 2006
    That apparent eh? Sorry. I've got nearly every single paperback EU novel. Don't want them all to be discarded

7. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012

You make some great points but the 30 Year window should give hope to EU fans. That's a lot of time that probably won't be covered in the next 3 episodes as far as what happen. I'm not saying EU is saved 100%, I'm just saying this timeline which we've been speculating for over a year and change is a good timeline cause a lot of EU covers 30 years after "Jedi".

8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I could see publishing doing something like that, and I'd be down with it because I actually dig crazy things like that, but there's no way this will be a part of the film. However, "Jacen's Retcon Time Travel Excellent Adventure" is a way to "keep" both timelines around for EU stuff. But it would, and should, be beholden to their prose or comics medium to sort itself out.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    While I am peripherally familiar with Jacen, I admittedly do not possess in depth knowledge of his character... is he similar to Franklin Richards from Fantastic Four in that being the child of "superpowered" beings made him so incredibly powerful that he can alter reality? Franklin can create entire alternate universes. Not sure if Jacen is already proven to have extreme abilities like that or if this current discussion is more wishful thinking.

10. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I bailed on Jacen & Next gen around Vector Prime-ish time, he was just a kid to me, but I'm fairly certain he's done some time-traveling Force jazz so, y'know, The Force + time-travel + blah blah blah = EU canon closed off (but linked to the ST, peripherally, through EU medium.)

I'm not expecting any of this in the movie but I'd be down with a EU product that sort of did a big Retcon fest that linked the two together.

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Good to have clarity on that. I suppose the proposition above (while rather bonkers) is not completely out of the question.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  12. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Honestly, if we go with the assumption that there will be completely different Next Gen offspring, even if they use the EU names, they add/subtract kids and ages (Luke has a boy named Ben who is 20, Leia has a single teenage daughter named Jania who is 17), if you want to somehow make the EU canon fit into the ST canon (which the EU has things covered up to 5 decades or so past ROTJ while the ST is set about 3 decades after ROTJ), you have to start doing insane bonkers ideas like that to cram it together.

13. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    They'll probably alter the flow-walking that it could change all of reality. They've changed it so much already, so what's one more change?

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Or have all the EU having been a flow-walk... like in Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor but on steroids. More Star Warsy, less copying the Star Trek reboot that way... that way all the post RotJ EU is an offical force vision rather than an alternate timeline.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  15. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    While I do agree a Force-type vision is more Star Wars-y, what's more dramatically satisfying, "It was all a Force vision" and/or "It all happened but then time travel so not"? I like the latter if only because it's something that did exist at one time as opposed to just in Luke's head.

Interestingly, I get the feeling the "new" EU will be much like the "DC New 52" wherein bits and pieces of old continuity are used but by authors on small, individual basis. Or kind of like how Marvel comics worked it's way back into the Star Wars canon.

Iron_lord and Ryus like this.
  16. RyanForder

RyanForder Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 3, 2014

Thanks my point, he is too much of an iconic character just to forget about him, I hope your right and he gets at least a scene

17. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013
    It doesn't.

They will all still be there for you to enjoy for years and years.

Not really, but thats never stopped the EU from inventing powers and abilities and say "The Force".

Maybe they can end the ST with Luke waking up in bed next Mara and he tells he about hte crazy dream he just had, then Ben comes in.......

18. Fastback

Fastback Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 12, 2014
    IMO 30yrs later with EU staying the way it is. The new trio should be Jacen, Jania and Ben. VII could have Jacen flow walking in the past showing his struggles with the death of Anakin and Chewie so it can be a little back story of what happen to them. The new trilogy will be about Jacen becoming the next Sith master due to his struggles dealing with the death of loved ones and the vision of the future he sees and wants to prevent. This future he see's will be the seed for the next trilogy who knows. This all comes from EU it makes sense to us who read it and those who have not well it will be and all new story no matter.

19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    But I'm guessing Mr. Abrams and friends will be throwing most of that stuff (thankfully) out the window.

Krueger and T-R- like this.
  20. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    [​IMG]

I think they should just label it as in universe holodramas as reference in Shadows of Mindor and leave it at that. Fictional accounts of real life people just like Patton or any other movie based on a real person.

Krueger and DarthBreezy like this.
  21. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    sorry for the double post

22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    [​IMG]

23. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    [​IMG]

Krueger and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  24. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
  25. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    OFFICIAL FIRST LOOK AT NEW STAR WARS CANON!!!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.