main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Fly Guy, Nov 18, 2013.

?

How good will Mark Hamill's performance in episode 7 be?

1. He's going to be great

950 vote(s)
    85.0%
  2. He'll do OK

145 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. He's going to stink it up

23 vote(s)
    2.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    Just curious, how does this picture confirm it in your eyes? Are the people he's with known to be involved in the making of the film? Who posted it?

2. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    You don't recognize JJ Abrams and George Lucas?

3. Vicious Jedi

Vicious Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Han Burgundy here is something that might convince you dude ;) Read the last sentence marked with blue ;)

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=116155

Star Wars: Episode VII Set 30 Years After Return of the Jedi, Will Feature Heroic Trio
    Source: Walt Disney Pictures, Lucasfilm
    March 18, 2014

Walt Disney Pictures and Lucasfilm today revealed that, as has long been expected, their Star Wars: Episode VII will begin production at London's historic Pinewood Studios in May. What's more, they've confirmed that the action in the sequel will be set 30 years after the events of Return of the Jedi and that the storyline follows "a trio of new young leads along with some very familiar faces."

That pretty much confirmes it :cool::cool:

4. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    Pic of Mark Hamill from last night:

[​IMG]

Good for him!

5. robo_obi

robo_obi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    He's really looking great :)

I can't wait until we get in costume promotional shots of mark, carrie and Harrison....that'll be a fun day...

6. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Yes it will be. Man I cant believe how good he looks. Another reason why I have always liked the guy. He works his rear off.

7. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    wow he lost ALOT of weight ! not that i care but good for him.

8. Da'wid Yott

Da'wid Yott Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2014
    It does look like he has dropped some weight. Not everyone has to be svelte and look like they did when they were in their twenties, but it will sure help to see Mark in character....as Luke who has continued the Jedi Order and maintained physical, mental and spiritual training throughout his "life." (SW life). I cannot wait to see him back on the big (SW) screen! Thanks for posting those pics....

jaqen and T-R- like this.
  9. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

[​IMG]

ginchy, Yanksfan, Krueger and 2 others like this.
  10. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    He's thinner, yo. :)

T-R- likes this.
  11. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Yeah, sorry, I'm implying that Mark will be playing a mentor role similar to Alec's role of Obi-wan.

T-R- and jaqen like this.
  12. Vicious Jedi

Nov 1, 2012
    THAT is an AMAZING transformation Mark Hamill has made ;) RESCPECT ;)

JediGirl_Angelina, Jobertus and T-R- like this.
  13. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    he's looking good. since this is set 30 and not 40 years after ROTJ, he is definitely looking like a luke skywalker in his mid-50s.

14. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    With every update I get more and more excited. [face_dancing]

Just put him in Jedi robes and hand him a lightsaber already!

15. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    Who'd have thought some 37 years after ANH we'd be talking about Luke Skywalker in another Star Wars movie. Pretty cool.

16. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Well, if you give me 30-37 years I'd say me.

17. Da'wid Yott

Da'wid Yott Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2014
    ...lol....I've got 30 years to spare! 1977 was not that long ago....okay, yes it was a stretch ago.

18. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The 70's never actually happened - I should know, because I wasn't there!

No, I'm not that self-centered - a song with those lyrics but "60's" instead just popped into my head. Anyway, 1977 was quite a long time ago, so it is quite amazing that we're talking about new movies with the old gang in 2014 :)

19. Oberst Hans Landa

Oberst Hans Landa Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 12, 2014

I know!

20. mikeximus

mikeximus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2012
    Of the big 3 Hamill has retained his Star Wars look the most, in my opinion anyway. When I see him I can still see Luke there. Fisher to me has changed the most, and I don't mean that in a bad way. I just mean from the Leia look. I remember watching her HBO special and thinking how she doesn't even look like Leia anymore. That has nothing to do with her weight issue either, it was strictly on her facial features. Ford is in between. There's time you can see Solo there, and then there's time you just can't.

Of the big 3 Luke is the one I am looking forward to the most returning. The story of the Jedi has been the biggest connection between the 6 movies so far, so the thought of seeing Luke as the leading Master of the new Jedi Council/Order is exciting.

21. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

Oh I don't agree with this at all.

I think, by far, Harrison Ford has retained his Han Solo look the best. He's kept in the best shape and looks the most like his younger self. His convincing reprisal as Indiana Jones decades later seals that for me.

Carrie never really looked all that much like Princess Leia to me outside of the Star Wars films, even in her younger days. She just styles and carries herself in a way that really makes it clear Leia was definitely just a character she played. But I do think weight plays a big part here in her older days. There is a vid of Carrie on Craig Ferguson from 2007 after she got down to near her Star Wars size where she looks exactly like Princess Leia in the face.

Mark Hamill, to me, has been the least recognizable as "Luke" for quite a long time now. If I didn't know who he was I absolutely would not recognize him. Even as far back as the early 90s, when I remember seeing him in Bodybags as a kid and having no idea who he is, Mark often appears completely unrecognizable to his Luke days. I showed my wife and sister the most recent picture of Mark last night and my wife said "Who is that?", and my sister said "Funny, he looks like Palpatine". I do think weight is a HUGE factor when it come to Mark; he just does not look like himself with excess weight. But even before that, he's just aged in a way that's taken him far away from his look back then, and that started happening over 2 decades ago.

22. mikeximus

Jan 6, 2012

I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder... I agree with the fact that weight may have played issues in some appearances, I just didn't want to come across as saying hey they look different cause they're fat.
    Anyway, I looked at some more pics of Hamill after reading your reply, and I still stick to my opinion that I can still see Luke in his older face every time.

23. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Hey that's not a judgement, just a reality. Anybody who has a tendency to gain weight in the face is going to look different, with or without the effects of aging. You don't even have to be "fat" for that to be the case. I mean Carrie Fisher looks totally different in the face in ROTJ than she does in ANH, where she still had a little youthful chub on the face, and she was far from fat in ANH. There are times years after Star Wars where Fisher had a fuller face and looked more like she did in the original Star Wars than she did at 93 lbs in ROTJ.

I think if Mark keeps slimming down, I'll see it more clearly. He looks pretty Luke to me in that 2002 pic somebody posted earlier.

Regardless though, it just doesn't matter. Mark Hamill is the only Luke I'm interested in seeing, regardless of how much he does, or doesn't, resemble his younger self.

24. mikeximus

Jan 6, 2012
    100% agree there!

TigerCraneFist and T-R- like this.
  25. Vicious Jedi

Nov 1, 2012
    Is there any video for the March 18 photo? ;);)

JainaSoloYJK and T-R- like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.