main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST If Luke is married, what 50-60 year old actress would you cast?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by T-R-, Oct 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyanForder

RyanForder Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 3, 2014
    Why can't Luke marry a younger wife?

In all honesty it would make more sense for him too if the wife is going to be another Jedi?

2. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Achievement Unlocked: Trollllllolol

3. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Sandra Bullock perhaps (not sure if she has been mentioned here already, only read the first and last pages)

She is knocking on 50

4. Oberst Hans Landa

Oberst Hans Landa Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 12, 2014

Like… ?

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  5. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    I didn't post that to antagonize you, I posted that to seriously show that she's an overrated actress due in major part to Firefly with dozens of other flops vs her one 'almost worshipped' role, though I did tease a bit (mostly since the post was long). So as to her acting skills even a broken clock is right twice a day type situation. She'd seriously be wrong for Star Wars in the capacity of Luke's wife since at best it would just be a repeat of her character Zoe with a man 20 years older than her playing her husband who isn't supposed to be a playboy type character. Why degrade Star Wars with an actor simply rehashing what they did in a similar movie? Can't we at least find someone more age appropreate to do the same thing at the very least.

Posting statements that another doesn't like doesn't make that poster a troll, there I more to it than that. Trolling is sadly an artform meant to bait a responce and tl;dr aren't the way to do it most of the time, Which is what I did. I was simply trying to be a voice of reason with what I viewed as an overhyped actress. On the other hand simply ignoring all my points and calling me a troll could be viewed as trolling, but enough of name calling let's just agree to disagree.

6. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Well, I was pointing out that I had trolled you, by inserting a very brief statement that I suspected would evoke a large rant.
    Although I did so only in fun.

To your point, I haven't seen her in anything but Firefly. I think she is the ONLY actress that, IMO, has ever really pulled off "action hero chick". (go ahead everyone, call me a misogynist)
    And to my point, I would like (If Luke has to have a wife) her to be able to hold her own against a bounty hunter or two.

7. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    My responce wasn't a rant :p ... though it was large (by this threads small definition of it anyhow). [face_tee_hee]

As to your later statement of her being the only actress to pull off "action hero chick" I'm not sure if you're serious or not, so I won't give you the degnity of a responce beyond that line of debate would be getting seriously off topic.

8. RyanForder

RyanForder Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 3, 2014

Who is that? haha i have no idea who she is

9. Oberst Hans Landa

Oberst Hans Landa Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 12, 2014
    RyanForder likes this.
  10. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Wouldn't her sister be more Disney approved :p ? After all she is now a Disney Princess, aka Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) in the upcoming Maleficent movie [face_tee_hee]

11. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I don't think Luke will be married. If he is married, I hope he's married to the Force like a Catholic priest is married to Catholicism.

12. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Till the force cheats on him with every other life form and it leads to a huge ugly divorice fight and Luke form a Protestant view of the force and allows priests to marry others. [face_tee_hee]

13. Darth slaughter

Darth slaughter Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 22, 2013
    What's princess aura up to now days?

14. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Who?

15. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Which Catholicpriests, Roman or Byzantine? Byzantine priests can get married and Roman priests were allowed to get married until the middle ages.

Ryus likes this.
  16. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I still nominate Michelle Fairley for two reasons: 1. She's Catelyn Stark and 2. I hope that if/when Luke dies she has some scene with the lead hero where they both swear to stop the enemy at all costs. Like this:

and 3. Red Wedding...enough said

Yanksfan, ScorpionJedi and Ryus like this.
  17. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Princess Aurora is Sleeping Beauty (the ones on the right, in both live-action and cartoon form)

[​IMG]

As to what she's up too... my bet is sleeping :p

18. hereyugo

hereyugo Jedi Padawan

May 20, 2013
  19. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Mimi Rogers

20. Darth slaughter

Feb 22, 2013

Princess Aura, aka Ornella Muti. (1980s Flash Gordon movie)
    I bet she's still hot and has that sexy accent

21. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Her!

[​IMG][​IMG]

ZoddyZod and Darth slaughter like this.
  22. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Thanks guys, and pardon my ignorance.....Is that Dale from Flash Gordon?

23. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    All I know is that she has to be able to kick @ss!

This to me screams Mara Jade:

[​IMG]

Revanfan1, Iron_lord and werpudel like this.
  24. Darth slaughter

Feb 22, 2013
    No, princess Aura - Ming's Daughter!
    If her acting has improved she'd be great to play Luke's more mature wife :)

25. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Since Star Wars is known for repeating themes, ideas, dialogue, situations, etc, it just seems easy for me to picture Luke non married in an mentor/Obi-wan/Yoda esque role. Remember that attachment is forbidden for a Jedi. I believe his role in VII will be to bridge the generational gap and to instill the foundations of the Force by passing on what he has learned to the future generations so there will be peace and justice in the galaxy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.