main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    A slightly modified version of what Russian submariners used to do and what Americans/others called a 'Crazy Ivan'. Submarine technology used to be that if you get behind the baffles (the propeller) of the sub it was virtually a blind-spot. In order to see if they were being followed, the Russians would perform erratic turns to neutralize that blind-spot and see if anyone was on their tail. That's changed with the advent of a towed sonar array but I imagine it gave many an American sub commander a fit.

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Ah-ha, I remember Crazy Ivans from The Hunt for Red October, but difficult to understand that was what was happening from inside the submarine.

Cheers, I have learned something.

Vehn likes this.
  3. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    You can also get an example of a Crazy Ivan from Serenity, the firefly movie.

In other meews, I'm back! Did you miss me? :p

4. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Miss you? I wasn't even shooting at you.

How'd the volunteer prep' go?

5. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    The Hunt for Red October, great stuff. And yes, you can see an idea of a Crazy Ivan from Serenity as well. :cool:

6. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    I'd have dodged it anyways.

Good I suppose, my bosses were impressed with our work despite the rest of my coworkers being a bunch of immature screwballs but what can you do. Really tired though. Also have to go to the dentist. :l

Hopefully they don't try to get me to do more than two weeks. @_@

7. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Hey all! Just got an update from Bravo! He will be making it tonight or after tonight based on your views of arriving home after midnight and then an early shift at work. He does not yet have his internet fixed (I was mistaken on that front) But it should be so as soon as tomorrow or at the latest Thursday/Friday. He is looking forward to catching up and being home. He might need a night to recover and another to catch up before we get the ball cruising though, so rest while you can Mercs! ;)

Sith-I-5 and Heavy Isotope like this.
  8. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    A post from me coming tomorrow hopefully, sorry, I've been prepping for a job interview the last few days.

9. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Back online. I was going to do homework, but I can catch up the 4 chapters of homework later in the week. :)

10. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Good luck on the interview, JPL.

Bravo, I was going to do a Luck's Gamble post; should I wait to see if Lasso calls in?

Bravo, Jedi_padawan_leigh

11. Intervention

Intervention Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2012
    Go ahead Sith and do it. I'm catching up with storyline posts tonight. I won't be able to get to Lasso until Thursday or Friday.

12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Copy that.

13. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Hey all, sorry for any delays on the Lasso front. I am catching up on storyline posts as quickly as I can to glue everything together. And no, we're not leaving the planet. Wait...what? [face_thinking] hehe...

14. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Wra? Ruh-oh. :eek:

15. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Bravo, your night-stealth SpecNav troopers better get their fingers out at the Espo base; before you went to RenFaire, you posted that the sun was coming up...

Cool. If any of the apartment complexes survive the TIE attack and bits of plummeting VicStar, we can rent a place.

And Yav' will have time to rescue people at Craci Regional....kidding! Or am I?

Bravo likes this.
  16. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Yea Sith, I know...well I kind of forgot. :p Although now this gives me a brilliant idea... [face_idea]

Don't worry, we'll be leaving soon enough. But if I remembered correctly, we had a contract to fulfill...? ;)

17. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Rereading a few posts to fresh'n my memory; Sith, the Darkest Night has 3 Emperor's Shadow Guards, a branch of the Royal Guardsmen. Just FYI.

18. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    OOPS! @Sith-I-5, I didn't see your post on Connor! :oops:@Jedi General Gelderd, regard Sith's tag as your tag reference! :)

19. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    @greyjedi125, I am going to assume your post from Mar 7, 2014 at 12:20 AM to be the actual events of your character---for sake of time---and will include @Sith-I-5 and @Vehn's post into my response as well. Although Grey, since it is a see into the future posts and the future is always in motion, I'm going to interrupt it half way through.

20. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    That certainly makes things more. . .interesting. Now I have to read the updates again. :-B

21. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Mitth_Fisto, I edited that post after you liked it...I think.

22. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Jedi General Gelderd, regard Sith's tag as your tag reference, not mine from Intervention. I didn't catch Sith's post before I posted the other day.

23. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Relieved to see my Imperial Army post resurrected.

I forgot to ask, re. Sergeant "Animal" and Lasso, if the plan was to follow the VIP Target back to his supposed "for the Colonel" base, how does surrounding and capturing him assist in that objective?

24. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Sorry folks, been busy in the last few days. Will catch up ASAP. *reading stuff now.*

Bravo, Mitth_Fisto and Sith-I-5 like this.
  25. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    You did, but the reason I liked it has not changed ;)

Bravo likes this.