main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST If Luke is married, what 50-60 year old actress would you cast?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by T-R-, Oct 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    HALT, LIZARD MAN!
    [​IMG]

Krueger, Gallandro and Spork111 like this.
  2. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Lucas himself said in an interview in 1988 Luke Skywalker would have a romantic interest in the sequal trilogy.... and others in the know have said for decades now the Skywalker name carries on to a new generation in the sequal trilogy. These two these combinde imply Luke Skywalker will have offspring and either have a steady girlfriend whom he had a kid with or he has a wife... in either case this thread is for casting her, not really debating if she should exsist.

Fastback, T-R- and plaidphoenix like this.
  3. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    I said something like this in another thread once upon a time:

Prequel Trilogy: Anakin's Rise and Fall
    Original Trilogy: Anakin's Redemption
    Sequel Trilogy: Anakin's Legacy

Luke's knowledge of what it does or doesn't mean to be a Jedi is based on whatever Yoda and Obi-Wan have passed on along with whatever information he's managed to gather between the end of ROTJ and the beginning of Episode VII regardless of what it meant to be a Jedi prior to the end of ROTS. I'm sure Luke knows he shouldn't allow himself to be distracted from either being a Jedi or restoring the Jedi Order, but that doesn't mean renouncing all worldly things like an Ascetic. Being a Jedi doesn't mean living in a hut on the top of a mountain and telling people to piss off because he's trying to meditate.

If Luke meets someone he connects with on an emotional level and can commit to and that person connects and commits to Luke in return, there's no reason he shouldn't be allowed to share his life with them. Emotions aren't automatically bad, it's how we let them mess with our heads that screws things up.

4. Oberst Hans Landa

Oberst Hans Landa Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 12, 2014

This. She'd be perfect. She's sweet (in a Dutch kind of way) and looks like she could hold her own against evil.

5. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I think it will be better if Luke wasn't married and spent years in exile, instead.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  6. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    only since the reform, or about 1,000 years (Ithink that's when it was). This also led to the Jedi's downfall. Yoda realized that the Jedi made mistakes by the end of the PT, no reason why Luke would repeat those mistakes.

Way too much emphasis on Anakin. More Like:

Prequel Trilogy: Anakin's Rise and Fall (Tragedy of Darth Vader)
    Original Trilogy: Luke's Hero's Journey (which includes Anakin's Redemption)
    Sequel Trilogy: Luke's Legacy (rebuilding the Jedi order)

Ryus likes this.
  7. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012

Lucas has long said that the OT's focus was Anakin and his relationship with his kin.

8. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I see someone bought into the whole PT rebranding attempt.;)

So, the OT, with Luke as the main character and "From the Adventures of Luke Skywalker" was focused on Anakin? BS. I'd also like a quote on that, because I have all kinds of quotes the OT was about Luke and his Hero's Journey. Not to mention that there was a whole traveling Exhibit in 2001 on that subject.

Besides, how could the OT be about Anakin when in IV Vader wasn't even Anakin and he wasn't even redeemed in the first few drafts of RotJ.

Read the Rinzler books, the OT is Luke's journey. Luke redeeming Anakin is a part of his journey.

Yanksfan, Darth_Pevra and Ryus like this.
  9. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012

I think you need to focus on the saga and not on individual movies and even trilogies. Star wars as a saga is not solely about one particular story line. PT= Anakin, OT=Luke (Anakin's son), ST= Luke and Leia's offspring (Anakin's grandchildren). I guess one way to look at this is who you believe is "The Chosen One" and who the prophecy talks about "bringing balance to the force".

10. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    No it doesn't. That was one arc, Anakin's. That in no way makes him the Saga. His arc was 1-6. Luke's is 4-9. Offspring 7-9. Skywalker Saga is 1-9. No way Anakin was the main character of 4-9

more like

PT= Anakin (Luke's father), OT=Luke, ST= Luke and Leia's offspring (Luke's children).

EDIT-----

I also want to say that you are right, there are multiple storylines. One is Anakin as CO betraying the Jedi, enslaving the galaxy, and ultimately finding redemption by destroying the Sith, and another is Luke saving the galaxy, redeeming his father, and rebuilding the Jedi Order.

Darth_Pevra, Bazinga'd and Ryus like this.
  11. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    While Anakin is directly featured in the PT, he or his actions underly everything in the OT, and presumably the ST. He is the central character in the saga.

12. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Uh... Anakin was in the OT too, just as Luke will be in the ST too. Plus Anakins actions in the PT effecting the OT should be no different than Lukes actions in the OT effecting the ST just in a LS way.

The absence of details about the ST doesn't disprove the notion than Luke might have just as an important and central role in it was Vader had in the OT. Just was we had Anakin in I-III and Vader through III-VI, we're likely to have boyhood Luke in IV-V and Jedi Luke VI-IX. So far of what little is known, the ST will be treating Luke just as the OT treated Vader... this implies both are as central and important to the overall saga.

T-R- likes this.
  13. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Lucas changes his opinion as often as his underwear.

First the OT was the story of Luke Skywalker according to him.
    Then it was supposedly about Anakin (despite Vader being, you know, the villain, and Luke the protagonist).
    Now the saga is supposed to be about "Skywalkers".

I'm wondering. What superfluous label will the saga (another superfluous label) receive next?

The world of advertising is a funny one indeed.

Gallandro and Ryus like this.
  14. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Vadar was in the OT, not Anakin. Different people (from a different point of view :p)

15. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Sorry but your different pov has just been
    [​IMG]
    :p

16. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Ryus Well Played Sir....Well Played.

T-R- likes this.
  17. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    If underlying actions are your criteria for central character in the Saga, then that character must be Palpatine. Everything was set in motion and resulted from him. Anakin would've remained a slave if Palpatine hadn't started the blockade of Naboo.

For that matter, maybe Plaguies is the central character since he created Anakin and trained Palpatine, setting everything in motion.

The PT showed you Anakin making the wrong choice.
    The OT showed the consequences that resulted from that choice and Luke making the right choice.
    The ST will show the consequences/benefits that result from Luke making the right choice.

StoneRiver likes this.
  18. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Maybe midichlorians are the focus point of the saga. No life = no saga.

Just kidding.

T-R- likes this.
  19. Da'wid Yott

Da'wid Yott Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2014
    Andie McDowell (but her acting chops were never that strong)
    Kristen Thomas Scott
    Jodi Foster
    Julian Moore
    I am sure there are others I am forgetting.
    Sigourney (sp?) Weaver is too tall (for Hamill...but then again camera angle could be used)

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  20. Fastback

Fastback Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 12, 2014
    Mara Jade has a past as an assassin,spy,sith, just and all around kick ass so who ever they get must have the look and athletic ablilities to act this out.

Jedirush2112 and Ryus like this.
  21. Da'wid Yott

Da'wid Yott Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2014
    Fastback...

Then there is only one woman to select; my ex-girlfriend - Dina Meyer - okay, she is not actually my ex....but you know....I can imagine can't I?

[​IMG]

22. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003

[​IMG]

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  23. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    No, he doesn't have that look at all. Nice try though, move along, move along. :p

T-R- likes this.
  24. JillAlliSix

JillAlliSix Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2014
    I've read this whole thread and am shocked to see that NO ONE mentioned Diane Lane. Shocked. She would be perfect.

Yanksfan, T-R-, plaidphoenix and 2 others like this.
  25. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.