main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Aragorn327, Sep 3, 2009.

1. IBYM

IBYM Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 17, 2014
    Just waiting for Thief to finish downloading, never played it so hope it's decent.

2. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Mass Effect.

3. AstroFan428

AstroFan428 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    Messing around in the Project Spark beta on Xbox One. I don't have the skill to create anything, but it is really cool to see what people have been able to make with the game. I have seen a straight up Tetris game, the opening stage of Ocarina of Time, and a very crude Pokemon game.

4. Sithaldo

Sithaldo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 3, 2013
    Playing South Park: The Stick of Truth at the moment. And when I don't feel like putting time in to that I switch over to Forza 5.

timmoishere likes this.
  5. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Just got the latest expansion to civilization 5 so been playing that.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

6. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    Banished, which I can best describe as classic Sim City in the wilderness. Surprisingly fun, actually, although I think the lack of progression or objectives aside from just building up your town might affect how long I end up spending on it. We'll see, I suppose.

7. Sithaldo

Sithaldo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 3, 2013
    I
    I got hold of Banished but haven't really sunk any time into it at the moment. Looks pretty, but I've heard that it's more a city maintainer than a builder.

8. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Batman: Arkham Asylum. Playthrough #...don't know, don't care. :p

Draconarius likes this.
  9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    About to start playing FIFA 14

10. Inappropriate User Name

Inappropriate User Name Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2014
    Most of my time playing Titanfall on the Xbone consists of rapidly pressing A B A B A B A B A B A B A B A B A.

Taking down titans is human form is such a satisfying feeling, though.

11. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Resonance of Fate

The third of the three tri-Ace games for what's now the last gen, and easily the best of the bunch. Some of the fights are needlessly frustrating due to the nuances of the combat system, but so far it basically plays like Cowboy Bebop if it had been stuck on a post-apocalyptic earth, as directed by John Woo.

12. Rvaj

Rvaj Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2014
    Finished playing a horror game called "Outlast" great game.

13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Terrible game

14. AstroFan428

AstroFan428 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    Downloaded Peggle 2 today. Never played the original so I can't compare, but it is incredibly addictive.

15. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Downloaded Thomas Was Alone a while back. Its quite entertaining for short sessions.

16. soup or man

soup or man Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2013
    I played Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes and FFX HD pretty much all day yesterday. I finished the main mission in Ground Zeroes in just about 3 1/2 hours, but that was playing very stealthily and kinda sorta searching for XOF patches and just playing around with the game mechanics in general. But I went right back to it after putting a few hours into FFX. Overall I'm happy with my GZ purchases (I got it for both PS4 and Xbone) and I think it'll keep me entertained for a quite a while since I usually try to do everything in Metal Gear games, being that it's my favorite videogame franchise.

Revisiting FFX has been a delightful blast from the past. Story-wise, it's my favorite FF title. The game holds up really well and I've fallen in love with the soundtrack all over again. I plan on putting another big chunk of time into it later today. Here's to hoping for more art book packed games from Square in the future; I really dig those. On a side note: Seeing how well X came out in HD makes me very hopeful for a XII remaster.

I've also been playing Titanfall. Save for the framerate drops and screen tearing, I find it a very enjoyable experience despite the fact that I feel like I suck at it. The only FP shooters I've ever been good at (and I don't play many) are Halo and GoldenEye.

I applaud your taste in RPG's, sir. I loved that game. Shame it flew so far under the radar.

17. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Dark Souls 2. It's kicking my ass, and I'm loving it!

18. Bobusprime

Bobusprime Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2013
    Finally getting around to playing Assassins Creed IV since I've had it sitting around for months, not the biggest fan of the series (only played AC 2) but it's probably the best pirate game I've ever played.

19. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Been playing some Borderlands the last two days. It's very fun when playing with friends, but gets tedious at length if you play alone.

20. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Final Fantasy X HD. Lots of memories, haven't played this game in almost a decade. World, gameplay and story are as engaging as I remember, though it's clear that voice acting has a come long way in it's delivery since 2001. Still, a game I will play to completion. Haven't decided whether I'm going to delve into the Monster Arena yet.

21. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Maybe just a little.

MarcusP2 and 07jonesj like this.
  22. soup or man

soup or man Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2013
    Picked up the limited edition of inFAMOUS: Second Son today. This is probably the most fun I've had on my PS4 yet, and I've had some good fun. The vibrant color and refections in this game are both really impressive. I'd be blown away if those puddles splashed when I ran through 'em, though.

23. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I finally "beat" Skyrim and obtained all of the achievements in the base game. Once I do the five Ritual Spells, I am going to abandon this game and start anew with the Legendary Edition.

24. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Stick of Truth. I never thought a game would make me think 'damn, I forgot to fart on the Prime Minister of Canada! No point going to contract AIDS now.'

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  25. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Playing 'Last of us' multiplayer and I'm not very good. I love it because it winds people up. I'm not bad on purpose, but some people are just really obnoxious.