main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.5 - "Loving the lens flare since 1977!” -!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Penguinator, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
  2. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    *Grabs his guitar, kicks his feet*

3. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    So Waka Flocka dropped a mixtape while I was at work.... There may just be a god.[face_praying]^:)^

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Dude, everyone knows there's a god. Here's a picture of him riding a duck:
    [​IMG]

5. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005

[​IMG]

6. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    *Stares blankly while drinking Whiskey*

Wha-...I....Don't get it...

So I'm calling it...

[​IMG]

7. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    [​IMG]

BLASPHEMY!

Penguinator likes this.
  8. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
  9. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Oh wait....That's the.... Um....Video game designer....

Nope, still don't get it

Nerds. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

10. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    [​IMG]

11. Penguinator

May 23, 2005

shh

blubeast1237 likes this.
  12. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    Yeah I don't get it either.

But down on the corner there's a happy noise and people gathering from all around.

13. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I really don't get what's not to get.

[​IMG]

14. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    So

League of Legends...

Had a crazy comeback.... So happy now.... UM BOOYYAAHAHHH

In other news, MOVIES BLU IS EXCITED FOR AND WHY

Xmen: Days of Future Past - James McAvoy as a disgruntled Prof X, Hugh Jackman getting shot (Never gets old), and Halle Berry with Sentinels. [face_love]

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes: Jason Clarke and Gary Oldman....Nuff Said

Godzilla: BECAUSE ITS A GIANT UNKILLABLE LIZARD PLZ TAKE MY MONEY

15. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    [​IMG]
    Bring it.

Penguinator and Sith-I-5 like this.
  16. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    What's the Resource thread that I can test these dice POS's, and and ask for advice?

17. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Never mind.

I looked at that World of Warcraft RP, intrigued and tempted to ask the GM how he felt about an Everquest character immersed in his game, then came to my senses and remembered that Yav is happily immersed with the Mercs in Intervention: Echoes of Eternity.

So anyway, my Big Bang Theory ramble. I don't watch the show much. I can count the number of episodes I have seen on two hands, so I'm familiar enough to know there are four scientists: Leonard (I knew his actor from Roseanne), Sheldon, two others; Penny across the hall used the Mom blackmail gambit on Sheldon to defeat him once, there is a broken lift, Sheldon has his favourite sofa spot, and Leonnard and Penny are an item. Plus, there is general amusement and a laugh track.

So I'm working late, taking a brief break to watch TBBT clips on Youtube, and come across either an early episode clip, or a flashback, Leonard has way more hair than usual, and three of the team are looking at the metal milk urn he has on the kitchen table, Sheldon warns him he is a using a model for a full sized rocket, Leonard argues "this is applied physics, not physics, yadda yadda yadda, trust me"; urn starts smoking, and scene culminates in several seconds where Leonard is trying to get this thing out of the building via the lift, Sheldon snatches urn off him, leaves it in the lift, shoves Leonard out, follows, seals door, and BOOM!

a) I now know what happened to the lift;
    b) Sheldon, you saved his ******* life! I know tv generally cheapens what in RL can be a fairly momentous matter to the person who is still breathing and walking around through the intervention of another, but to me, this series, in the few episodes I have caught hasn't even touched on any potential life or death situations, unless you can die from embarrassment, which thus far, the main cast don't seem to have that vulnerability.

But Leonard, I get that Sheldon annoys you, irritates you, probably doesn't even emotionally register when you try to put him down, but he saved your ******* life! Does that not mean anything?

My thought processes then moved onto the long-cancelled Stargate Atlantis.

Colonel John Shepperd. I have no idea if you were really friends with Doctor McKay, but considering his only friend before you was a frog that he let sit on the handlebars of his bike (??? Yeah, that wasn't going to end well), maybe you were just humouring him.

When McKay got seconded to Colonel..."actor who used to be in Farscape"'s team, and asked, "how do you handle this guy?"

"Oh, he's deathly afraid of citrus, I always carry a lemon with me."

You WENT there! McKay's saved your life a bunch of times, and yes, granted, you appear to take it in turns, and you are supposed to be his friend, and you passed on knowledge of his deathly fear to this other guy. You utter Scumbag!

Okay, you can return to your surrealistic nonsense about street corners and toe-tapping.

18. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Well, I mean, that's probably why they're permaroommates despite the fact that any reasonable approximation of a human being with full freedom to leave would've stopped putting up with Sheldon's habits a long time ago. I dunno, I really only enjoy/pay attention to the episodes that focus on their jobs, probably because it then turns into a workplace sitcom at the only workplace I can really relate to.

19. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I find it quite interesting what people can "relate" to.

Once when I temped at a college library, there was this older woman, the head librarian, that I found abrasive, and she caught me reading a Terry Pratchett Discworld novel, and smiling for once, informed me that she relates to the Librarian character.

Now seeing that the Librarian is basically an Orangutan, who hangs around wizards, eats bananas, and goes "Ook!" how in the original frag does she relate to him??? Takes all sorts, and as I say, interesting.

20. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Well, in my case it's more that most workplace stuff is set in a stereotypical office, but since everyone in TBBT works at Caltech, their job stuff is set in stereotypical academia. And, honestly, it's pretty accurate, if a bit warped for obvious humor purposes.

No joke, this is the most accurate representation of how my research goes that I have ever seen:

21. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Well, it makes sense. If that stuff on the white board makes sense to you, I suppose a good level of the research is going to go on in your head.

:) I am glad you managed to find a representation of what you do. It does feel affirming in a way when you find something like that.

You must rule at staring contests.

22. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Well, yes and no, keep in mind that all of my coworkers do the same thing. :p

23. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Got the morning off, to use up days before end of working year, and forced to do hovering...hoovering because next door's loft extension work has dislodged plaster from ceiling.

Oh well, better get ready to go in to work now.

24. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Just worked ten hours on a task I have no experience in and am untrained for - also not in my job description!

25. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Unless it is counting down to the Formula One race in Malaysia, what's up with the 7 day countdown in the banner?

Heavy Isotope likes this.