main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Shooting might be headed to Iceland

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheBBP, Mar 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/star-wars-vii-heads-iceland-091400137.html

PLEASE let it be Hoth.

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Clearly this means only one thing: a one armed Wampa is gonna be the main antagonist!

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yeah, I saw this come through my feed yesterday afternoon.

If true, it's interesting to see that they are choosing another frozen locale. And of course, like you already mentioned, my first thought on that is Hoth. :p

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  4. Bob Octa

Bob Octa Jedi Knight star 2

May 6, 2013
    Our venerable hero is determined to scratch "checking out that meteorite" off his bucket list.

5. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    Why does Iceland have to be Hoth? Because it's got glaciers and people want another ESB? Why would our heroes - or anyone - go back to Hoth?

That said, I am all for Icelandic scenery in a SW film.

6. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Hahahhah, then he passes into the Force with power converters in his hands, finally content. That's what he was doing for 3 decades.

7. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Interesting stuff, but no need to tie it to Hoth.

8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    If we go back to Hoth, please bring back the one-arm Wampa!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  9. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Do or do not, there is no might :p

10. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    I wouldn't object to seeing Hoth again, but there's more to Iceland then just glaciers and volcanoes.

Yanksfan, Echo Base and Ryus like this.
  11. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    This could be used for a shot of Ilum. If Luke is rebuilding the Jedi Order it make sense that they might visit Ilum and its Crystal Caves!

Yes the song is cheezy..But Hey this will be a Disney Film! Anyway this might be the reason for Iceland.

12. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Why is everyone assuming Hoth? Is it because Iceland has "ice" in its name? :p

Seeing as filming will be in the summer, Iceland will actually probably more look like this
    [​IMG]

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Very true and personally, I would hope that they would use some other location other than Hoth. I think the reason that people are assuming it will be a frozen landscape has to do with some of the articles, like this one, specifically mentioning the ice caps and glaciers as possible locations that the film crew scouted. But again, everything is all speculation at this point.

Although, I do like the idea of them using Ilum.

14. sethg

sethg Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012
    Yeah, Iceland is actually pretty green (and ironically, Greenland is pretty icy).

EHT, WatTamborWoo, Dewback and 7 others like this.
  15. robo_obi

robo_obi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    I doubt it's Hoth, there's no point in going back there, like at all....unless Han forgot his good Pants at Echo Base during the evacuation, and had a fancy to-do coming up...

It'll likely be more like the photo KED posted...

dolphin likes this.
  16. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Those better be some really nice pants.

But seriously, supposedly Iceland is called Iceland and Greenland is called Greenland was to confuse anyone who might be tempted to attack them. Think about it, who would want to attack a giant lump of ice? Oh wait...

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  17. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    this can only mean one thing, the antagonist one-armed Wampa is going to mastermind his evil revenge scheme from his summer home!

Bail B. Baobab likes this.
  18. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    That's what I'm saying!

19. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I had forgotten that the ESB Hoth scenes were shot in Norway.

Echo Base and Bob Octa like this.
  20. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah, I always have to remind myself that Iceland is fairly green and Greenland is icy. It's definitely a beautiful place to film.

21. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    The scenery of Iceland is gorgeous. I can see it serving as inspiration for a new planet.

Echo Base likes this.
  22. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Yep - Iceland is a spectacular place, geologically, and I'd be amazed (given it's actual landscape) if they were thinking of using it for a 'snow' location. In fact, given it's volcanic/glacial environment, I think it would make for a very interesting Moraband or some Sith planet...

23. Oberst Hans Landa

Oberst Hans Landa Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 12, 2014
    For reasons unknown to us since we have no idea what's in the script?

Maybe there is. We have no idea what the script is about. It could be Hoth or maybe it isn't . My point is, as of right now, he have no reason whatsoever to say that there's no reason for X and Y to do this or that or no reason for X and Y to go here or there, other than what we as fans think should/shouldn't happen or want/don't want to see in the movie.

Hell, for all we know, Abrams and Disney could've come up with all sorts of reasons for them to revisit/go to not only Hoth, but also Bespin, Dagobah, Tatooine, Naboo, Kamino and the Wookie planet, which I can never spell right.[face_dunno]

By the way, this is a cave in Iceland: … like… wow

[​IMG]

24. robo_obi

robo_obi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    It's all well and good to say 'we can't know because we haven't read the script' but Hoth has served its purpose...it was a hideout for the rebels, it was found, the rebels escaped.

Its a barely habitable planet, that has no settlements and temperatures that barely ever get above zero....there's nothing there, no one would choose to go there....it's why the rebels hid there, they figured no one would look for them there....

any form of Hoth revisit would feel like an unneeded retread...as would another ice/snow planet unless it was presented in a very different way to Hoth...

Google 'Iceland summer', and I'm fairly confident that's more of the look they're going for...

25. Oberst Hans Landa

Oberst Hans Landa Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 12, 2014
    robo_obi I see what you mean, but again, who's to say they can't come up with a reason to go back to Hoth? [face_dunno]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.