main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode 7 Plot Ideas

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthRuss, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fastback

Fastback Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 12, 2014
    I like the idea of using the Mortis idea from TCW and also in "The Fate of The Jedi" and "Crucible" and "Dawn of the Jedi". I can see a group or one person who is like a grey Jedi or like the Jedi from "Dawn of the Jedi" they used both dark and light side of the force for balance. The person or group is unhappy with the way the Jedi and Sith have been doing things causing an unbalance in the force for too long and they show up to deal with both sides. I would love to see this both Jedi and Sith having to team up and fight this Mortis group or person and each other as well. We can have the son of Luke, Ben and his Sith love interest Vestara play out as well as many great characters on all sides. The end of the Luke Skywalker legacy could be him taking control of this Mortis group and becoming the Father and he will bring balance to the force, thus fullfilling the phrophecy his father started.

2. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    The first thing I think of plot-wise for Episode VII is that the movie is first and foremost called Star Wars. So the question I ask myself is what War will be fought? What will be the conflict?

The last thing that has happened, in ROTJ, is that the Rebels win by defeating the Emperor and Darth Vader and by destroying the 2nd Death Star.

So, following those events, on the political side, I surmise that Leia, Ackbar, Mon Mothma, and others loyal to the original Republic can now begin to rebuild, thrive and grow. With small pockets of Imperials/Separatists spread out across the galaxy, the next 30 years leading into Episode VII will almost be a reverse of the Clone Wars where the end result will be a Republic again instead of a Galactic Empire.

On the Jedi side, Luke will pass on what he has learned as instructed and help rebuild the lost Jedi Order. To what extent and how successful Luke is will probably be revealed in Episode VII.

On the personal side, our heroes will live there lives, have many adventures while doing their "jobs", maybe have kids, lose loved ones, make new friends and allies and probably create a few enemies.

So, with that said, I picture a healthy galaxy for the good guys at the beginning of Episode VII, very similar in appearance to Episode I. From there, a new conflict will emerge, a conflict for the Republic as well as for the Jedi. How they intertwine will hopefully be something new and interesting to watch.

Whatever happens, I believe Episode VII will set the stage for the next War that will be fought and plant the seeds for the next two films and beyond.

crescenstar and darklordoftech like this.
  3. Palpatine's P.A.

Palpatine's P.A. Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 9, 2014
    The opening crawl is gonna have to be like an essay to explain everything that has happened in the last 30 years

4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The opening crawl is only used to set up the events of the film not explain what happened in the past. We don't get anything about the Clone Wars in the opening crawl of ANH or anything about the Sith/Jedi conflict in the opening crawl of TPM. Stuff like that would be conveyed through dialogue in the film like it always is.

Dra---, T-R-, Immortiss and 3 others like this.
  5. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005

The first paragraph is a general state of the galaxy. The second paragraph explains whatever conflict is happening and the third paragraph gives us specific context for what we're going to see as the film begins. For example, the ANH crawl begins with explaining that there's a civil war in the galaxy. The second paragraph explains that rebel spies have stolen Death Star plans and the third paragraph tells us that Leia is on the run as we enter the movie. The only crawl to deviate from the formula was Jedi, which used the last paragraph to hint at Luke's plight rather than set up the opening scene.

6. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    There really doesn't have to have been a lot that took place in 30 years. Things could have been completely peaceful. The details of squashing any Imperial remnant would be boring to me. An enemy could have been plotting something for a while and now stage a major threat on the Republic. The nature of the threat could be explained as the film and saga go on. And each paragraph is about 20-30 words long.

Thirty years after the defeat over the Galactic Empire, the New Republic is in a relative state of peace, hoping to expand its boundaries to new worlds.

The luxury space craft (fill in the blanks with a name) has embarked on a mission to the plus, tranquil world of Aquilae in hopes of establishing a colony.

Unbeknownst to the passengers, the ship has been followed by mysterious space pirates, intentions unknown, who plan to hijack the mission and wreak havoc on the peace throughout the galaxy...

7. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Here goes:

EP7: The Empire has fallen, yet the Republic is still not restored. Remnant Imperial Governors still control their locals systems as warlord kings. These systems are falling into economic ruin, and lay behind embargo and 'iron walls', which divide Alliance Systems with Remnant ones. The Galaxy divided in chaos, and in between the battles, spies and bounty hunters operate for both sides trying to infiltrate the other.

Movie opens with a battle that's similar to Hoth in length and scope, on some Remnant World. We're introduced to the main characters. Leia and Han have involvement, but it's their son/daughter who takes an active role. At then end of the battle, an Imperial Soldier or Stormtrooper joins up with the main characters. (His arc being that of Imperial bad guy to Alliance good guy, kind of a symbol of how the two sides will need to join forces shortly) At the end of the battle they get a distress call from a Remnant world. An invasion in the Outer Rim. Seeking an opportunity to gain some good will, Leia sends the Imperial and her son/daughter to find out what's going on.

As they journey to this planet - with the help of the Imperial turncoat - they witness unbelievable destruction. A mysterious armada is laying waste to the entire system. They are enslaving the population. They land and are quickly captured. As they are held prisoner, a mysterious man in a cloak lands and fights off the warriors and finally frees the main characters. The mysterious man reveals himself to be a Jedi. The group now attempts to get off the planet. Here we see more of the mysterious warriors - who are barbaric in nature... including their Warrior leader who is a force user. A dark one.. They are pure chaos. Uncivilized. Raw. The force users are not part of some Order.

During this time the Jedi mentions how the Solo character is strong in the force and teaches him some basics. After another mini battle, the Jedi and the Warrior Leader fight and then all of them get off the planet. In orbit, the Jedi leaves the group and our main heroes go back to Leia/Han or to Coruscant. All wonder…who was this Jedi. Was he the master … or the apprentice? And where exactly is Luke - who hasn't been seen in 20 years.

The last shot picks back up with this Jedi Knight landing on some remote world atop a huge stone spire temple. His shuttle lands and as he walks out he's greeted by another robed figure who turns out to be Luke Skywalker. He announces "All is going as foreseen"

EP8: We find out more about this mysterious Armada, who are enslaving many worlds. At the beginning of the movie, the Warrior Leader lands on the old ancient Sith Homeworld, looking for knowledge. On the opposite side of the galaxy, we see Luke on his world. We learn that this was one of the first worlds to discover the Force. The temple was the first Jedi temple. The Solo character seeks out Luke on this remote planet to learn the ways of the Force. 11 others have also heard the call. The 12 apprentices all start learning the ways of the Force. Here Luke teaches them the things he's learned since RotJ. We travel to other Force realms, see Force Ghosts and see more spiritual knowledge passed on. The Jedi Knight joins up with our main characters and all attempt to gather enough Alliance and Imperial forces to attack. The galaxy begins to unite. At the end Luke and his apprentices join up with the main characters like a shining beacon. Luke is trying to restore the Republic and build a new Jedi Order….both of which he knows the Galaxy are quite ready for.

EP9: Luke dies in the midst of the opening battle, which galvanizes his knights. The Warrior leader has learned Sith knowledge and pose a huge threat for the new Knights. The Jedi Knights free the slaves and are seen as true heroes once more amongst the peoples of the Galaxy. The invaders are finally defeated by massive uprisings, along with a few Jedi Force battles. The Alliance and the Imperials finally work together on the same side and at the end of the episode sign a new peace treaty and constitution. And so enters a new golden age for the galaxy, for the republic, and for the Jedi.

8. Darth Archimage

Darth Archimage Jedi Master star 3

May 28, 2013
    Star Wars: Episode VII
    The Final Contingency
    Crisis. The brief period of peace and enlightenment so recently enjoyed
    throughout the Galaxy is slowing fading into confusion.
    Overwhelmed by a lack of resources, the Republic aides billions afflicted
    with disease. Making matters worse, the Republic planet of Corellia, is
    shockingly attacked by Mandalore Warriors.
    Meanwhile, a group of Jedi explore an uncharted planet seeking to uncover the
    source of a growing disturbance in the Force. Only a single Jedi is able to
    escape the planet’s terror.

Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  9. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Right. It should only be about the current events. Let's hope JJ remembers that.

10. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    STAR
    WARS

Episode VII
    CHILDREN OF THE PURGE

It is a time of reformation in the galaxy. For three long decades since the fallen Empire, the Alliance to Restore the Republic has fought to disband the remaining pockets of Imperial resistance.

Over the course of these hopeful years, Luke Skywalker has struggled to build and maintain a new order of Jedi Knights to assist the increasingly powerful Alliance.

As the Empire's final stronghold in the core system of Tanjay is surrounded by an Alliance armada, two padawan learners prepare to lead the system's liberation, beginning the era of a new Republic....

First half hour of the movie deals with the battle over and on the main planet in Tanjay. The imperial leader is the last of recent padawans who had left Luke's order to use the Dark Side. He is turned back to the light by a sacrificial act from one of the padawans and he helps them defeat the rest of the Imperial forces. However, once they return to Coruscant in victory, the senate votes to separate force sensitives from the New Republic, due the dangers of the Dark Side on the body politic. No sooner does this happen, then dark side terrorists begin attack thousands of New Republic systems at once. No longer affiliated with the Jedi, the New Republic cannot enlist their assistance and are overwhelmed by the terrorists. The rest of the movie follows Luke, Han and Leia's attempts to find the terrorist leaders and stop them. The Big 3 Allie themselves with Luke's padawans. The title refers to the fact that the force sensitive terrorist leaders were children of Jedi who were forced to hide from the purge and repressed their powers for fear of being discovered by the Sith. The victory at Endor freed them up to use their powers, but by then they were so entrenched in the Dark Side (fear), they could bear to learn the Jedi way.

11. RobShanti

RobShanti Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2009
    Leia is Chancellor (or President or some new term) of the New Republic (they'll probably call it the "Second Galactic Republic" or something like that, just to distinguish it from the EU), and Luke has begun training new Jedi. I was going to suggest, however, that the New Jedi Order (again, they'll probably refer to it as the "Reborn Jedi Order" or something) was NOT very large yet...maybe numbering a few dozen tops.

No Imperial Remnant. I don't think any trace of the Empire will exist in the Sequel Trilogy.

I think the villainous force in this trilogy will be one of Luke's students, a new name/face, a Human, who is somehow exposed to the Jedi Code in a way Luke never was...maybe this new character finds a Jedi holocron...or finds some old Jedi records...or Palpy figures out how to be a force spirit and corrupts this character. The new character becomes a Jedi Code fundamentalist -- this is how the Dark Side creeps back into the story -- and feels that Luke (who had only the scarcest of training) doesn't know enough about what it truly means to be a Jedi. The new character, the Jedi zealot-fundamentalist, starts a movement against the Skywalkers...it's almost a personal thing...against Luke, who doesn't know enough about the Jedi Code to lead the Jedi Order, and against Leia, whose modern government doesn't live up to the tenets of a Jedi Code written in and for a bygone era. And yes, there will likely be Mandos, the force that the Jedi Fundmentalist enlists for shows of force (not Force), when necessary. Before long, the Jedi Fundamentalist is clearly a Dark Sider who resorts to violence and fear to enforce his twisted, militant-dogmatic view of the Jedi Code.

One thing Lucas's vision for Star Wars has always done has been to incorporate a bit of political criticism into the stories. Lucas has explicitly admitted that the Original Trilogy was a condemnation of the Nixon administration on some level. And one would have to be obtuse not to concede that Anakin's quoting of the scriptures of Matthew (Matthew 12:30) to Obi-Wan on Mustafar that "If you're not with me, then you're my enemy" is a direct reference to George W. Bush's quoting that same scripture passage to a joint session of Congress shortly after al-Qaeda's attack on the Twin Towers: "Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists."

And the Star Wars story has *always* centered around themes regarding democracy.

So what themes regarding democracy are topical today?

What's relevant today is how the West is trying to expose the Middle East to democracy, and the resistance to democratic ideals that fundamentalist Islamists are demonstrating because they believe that the only valid government is Sharia Law.

Just as Lucas used the Prequel Trilogy as a cautionary tale about how easy it is for a free republic to succumb to the pitfalls of totalitarianism, the Sequel Trilogy could be a cautionary tale about dogmatism. The Prequel Trilogy already touched on that a bit -- it was cleaving to dogma that helped contribute to the downfall of the Jedi. This is an opportunity to expand on that...how fundamentalists (be they religious fundamentalists of any faith, or political fundamentalists) can turn a beautiful thing -- like democracy or the teachings of the Q'uran (or the scriptures of any faith) or the Jedi Code -- into something "twisted and evil."

Anyway, that's my guess.

12. Han Yolo

Han Yolo Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 7, 2013
    Shouldnt we already be discussing the imminent Plot holes?

13. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013

14. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

A really solid idea there, particularly the sections I italicized & bolded. In particular to that, I can imagine that some of those those system under Imperial Governor control would Tatooineesque fiefdoms, with all sorts of crazed ne're-do-wells adding to the chaos. Would be a sight to see.

DarkGingerJedi likes this.
  15. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    Well, these are my ideas for the ST. They’re not complete. I’ve really only come up with the main plot for the films. Episode 7 is likely the most complete of the bunch. The others are really only half a movie! However, I think it's so long, I put it in spoiler tags! Sorry. :(

Just to warn you, I do use EU characters. Mostly because I love the Solo kids (especially Anakin), but also because it would be really annoying if I kept going “Solo Son 1” or "Skywalker Son” all the time! However, you can just forget the Post ROTJ EU because I don’t use it at all.

Just so no one will get confused, this is a short description of my villains.

Villain 1: a dark motherly nightsister who trained Paplatine’s dark siders and is trying to resurrect Palpatine and restore the Sith.
    Villain 2: a mysterious, but powerful male dark sider. His goals are unknown.
    Villain 3: a reckless female dark sider. Her goals are the same as Villain 1’s.
    Villain 4: a non-Force sensitive servant/associate of Darth Plagueis, who is trying to resurrect him.

Starts out with Han is leading a group trying to stop a pirate group from wreaking havoc in the New Republic. The ship he’s on is under attack and him and his group, which has two Jedi on it, are forced to abandon ship. They crash on a nearby planet and have to survive the pirates who are searching for them.

On Coruscant, an assassin tries to kill Leia, but fails and is killed himself. Luke determines the assassin was strong in the Force, possibly trained as a dark sider. It’s discovered that the assassin was planning on heading to Naboo and Tatooine next to retrieve an item, the Kaiburr crystals. Luke sends his son, Ben, and Anakin Solo to Tatooine, while he and Leia head to Naboo. Jaina and Jacen are sent to locate Han and his group when word gets out about the pirate attack on his ship.

The story sort of goes in between the groups now, to Tatooine, Naboo and Han’s group, who are realizing there is more to the pirates than everyone had first believed. Both groups find the Kaiburr crystals. Ben and Anakin are attacked by Villain 2 and barely manage to escape. Meanwhile, Villain 3 engages Luke and Leia into a fight, nearly loses and has to be rescued by Villain 2. The two of them take Luke and Leia to Corellia, where they demand the New Republic to surrender and hand over the other Skywalkers.

Jaina and Jacen manage to find Han, conclude that the pirates are in league with the dark assassin on Coruscant and head to Corellia when word gets out. They meet up with Ben and Anakin and split up, Jacen goes to try and free Luke and Leia from Villain 3 while the others engage in a space battle with a large battle station (not a Death Star, promise!) that’s threatening to destroy the capital city and other populated areas if their demands are not met.

The battle seems hopeless until Sabe (Padme’s handmaiden) shows up with some friends to distract Villain 3 while Jacen destroys weapons the villain is using to keep everyone at bay, frees Luke and Leia and kills Villain 3. Ben and Anakin manage to destroy the battle station, but Villain 2 manages to escape with one of the Kaiburr crystals.

After the battle, Luke and Leia learn from Sabe that somehow Qui-Gon came to her, asking for help. Something is preventing Anakin, Obi-Wan and Yoda from communicating with Luke to warn him about an unrest in the Force. It’s thought the Force may be unbalanced again by the actions of the dark siders and the prophecy has been misinterpreted.

Villain 2 returns to the hide out with one of the Kaiburr crystals. Their master, who isn’t very pleased by what has happened, summons villain 1. Why is not explained.

Movie ends as Corellia honors Ben, Anakin and the others who partook in the battle.

The movie starts with Luke, Leia and Sabe arriving at Dagobah. Luke and Leia journey into the Netherworld of the Force to discover the actual prophecy of the Chosen One in order determine what actually needs to be done to fulfill it. This is a dangerous journey, as they could lose themselves and die if they stay too long within the Force. Luke and Leia encounter gatekeepers, the Organas, Beru and Owen, Shmi and even Padme before finally meeting a creature like Yoda, but one who is much older than him.

He’s not able to tell the twins about the actual prophecy as it was well before his time, however, he is able to reveal the presence of a planet where it was rumored the prophecy came from, a Force-strong planet (like Mortis, but it’s not actually Mortis), and the Kaiburr crystals hold the key to the planet. Luke and Leia are forced out of the Netherworld after that.

I’m not sure what everyone else does for the movie. They should be split up into two groups, Han’s group and Ben and Anakin’s group. Regardless of that they’re doing, they end up in the same place, lured into a trap by the dark siders.

After Luke and Leia come back, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda and Qui-Gon are able to appear to them again and they rush off after learning of the trap the dark siders have laid. They learn from Villain 4 that his real plan is to resurrect Plagueis, not Palpatine as Villain 1 would like. Villain 4 tricks Luke and Leia into sacrificing themselves for their families, but of course, the villains try to kill everyone anyway. Han, Ben, Anakin and the others barely manage to escape.

The movie ends with Luke and Leia alone, taken by the villains, and Ben and Anakin try to use the information they learned from the Force Ghosts to find the Force-strong planet.

The villains take Luke and Leia to the Force-strong planet and plan to use them to resurrect Palpatine/Plagueis. Ben and the others manage to locate them and a major space battle between Jaina, Jacen, their other friends and the New Republic and the pirates begins over the planet.

Ben, Anakin and Han go down to the planet to rescue Luke and Leia. The villains manage to succeed, partially, anyway. Both Paplatine and Plagueis managed to be resurrected, but this causes a reaction that leads to others (Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan, etc.) being resurrected as well. Plagueis actually sacrifices his servant, Villain 4, in order to return to the living plane. Luke starts fighting with Plagueis and Paplatine. Ben fights with Villain 2 while Anakin Skywalker, Anakin Solo and Han try to save Leia, the process of resurrecting the Sith Lords overwhelms her and temporary turns her to the dark side. Once they save her, Anakin Skywalker goes to help Luke while Anakin Solo helps Ben.

I’m still trying to figure out how the battle goes. My idea is that Ben and Anakin destroys something that’s keeping Paplatine and Plagueis anchored onto the planet. This leads to Anakin and Luke being able to defeat the two and the resurrection process undone.

The planet becomes unstable and everyone escapes. The dark siders remaining on the planet are destroyed as the temple comes down. Luke and the others share a final moment with Anakin and the others who were resurrected, Anakin promising to be there should Luke need them again. They all fade back into the Force.

I just thought of this ending today. Ben and Anakin are promoted to Knights and are sent out with their friends (whether it’s a mission or what, it doesn’t matter). Luke, Leia and Han watch them leave from the Jedi temple. Their ship leaves the planet, the level pulled and the ship goes off into hyperspace. End movie.

I have some ideas that I couldn’t fit into the summaries. Mostly because I just wanted to keep to the main point. One is that while the New Republic is okay with the Jedi, the general public isn’t. They’re okay with Luke who they see as a hero, but are not sure about more Jedi, so Luke’s new order is very small. This fear goes away as the movies go on and the public see more of the Jedi and how they help people.

Another idea I had is Luke is thinking of reinstating the old Order’s code. He hasn’t been doing so as they’re so few in number. They’ve just been following a basic code instead. By the end of the movies, Luke decides to create a new code rather than following the old order’s.

One thing about the episode 7 I didn't get into is the Luke and Leia don't know about their mother just yet. Sabe actually pretends to be Padme as a means to distract Villain 3 and reveals Anakin and Padme's story and the prophecy to them at the end. Pooja is even Luke and Leia's guide on Naboo and they go to Padme's tomb to retrieve a Kaiburr crystal (my back story for it is that Vader heard the crystal could resurrect people, found one and placed it in her tomb in hopes to revive her. It didn't work, of course, because the method to do it is revealed in Episode 9). Luke does feel something when he sees a hologram of Padme in the palace and even in her tomb, but is not sure how to explain it.

For character arcs, Anakin Solo and Ben follow to similar yet different paths.

Anakin Solo worries he might follow his grandfather’s footsteps and proceeds cautiously in learning to be as a Jedi. Even when he learns how it happened, he still worries. It isn’t until the final battle, where he has to help Leia and help free her from the dark side, does he understand it and realize how he can stop himself from ever going down that path.

Ben Skywalker is overshadowed by his dad and is eager to find his own adventure to prove himself to everyone. He’s constantly called “Luke’s son,” “The son of Luke Skywalker” and other names that aren’t his real name. Actually, I would love it if, on Tatoonie, he encounters this and remarks, “Even on a planet the farthest from the bright center of the universe, I still can’t escape my father!” He doesn’t hate Luke; he just gets tired of being in his shadow. Ben craves adventure and excitement and, over the course of the movies, realizes there is more to being a Jedi than his father’s fame and recognition.

So there's are my ideas. :) I think that's it. I can't think of anything else. This has mostly been in my head, so I might have missed something. Anyway, I hope it's good. :)

16. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    You have a couple of interesting ideas. I like how the Sith villains are set up and their implied dynamic. But there is no war... And aside from the pirate business, which appears to be pretty unimportant, it is nothing but force force force all the time.

If you are not very interested in Jedi and Sith then there is basically no reason for you to watch these movies at all.

KevinM1 and plaidphoenix like this.
  17. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    I actually liked the Episode 7 synopsis. It was short enough to read and not get confused.

I wasn't so keen on having everyone and anyone show up in Ep8. But I liked how you brought in Han and the pirates in Ep7.

JediStarMoonstruck likes this.
  18. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    Well, I'm not going to entirely disagree, I tend to focus on one thing a lot (really, the Skywalker family, not the Jedi), but I think there's plenty of room for development. Like I said, episode 8 and 9 are incomplete. Episode 8 is like only half the plot, maybe not even that, while Episode 9, everything before the final battle is blank. So there's plenty of room to develop the pirate portion of the plot. I just never got around to doing that because I focus on Skywalkers all the time. :p

Thanks! :) I was kind of worried if it would make sense or not. It was really late when I wrote this and I wanted to get to bed! [face_laugh]

Well, that part in Episode 8 wouldn't be the entire plot. It would be really short scenes. The bulk of the movie would include the stars and others not Luke and Leia, but I haven't really developed that part of the plot. [face_blush]

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  19. RobShanti

RobShanti Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2009
    SO....this has got to spur some plot ideas, no?

[​IMG]

That's a shot of the underside of an AT-AT foot from Empire Strikes Back, and in the inset we see something in the desert outside of Abu Dhabi where filming of Ep VII is taking place.

So...there will be an AT-AT foot in a desert landscape. Tatooine? What does this mean for our plot? Is this a remnant of the Empire? Has a New Republic taken over these weapons of mass destruction? What do folks think?

20. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Well I definitely hope that this thread is one of the dominant threads once the cast is released, more set pictures come out, and particularly once we start getting character descriptions and/or names. It will be refreshing to come here and see and read more ideas.

But to throw a couple out there already:

(1) remnants of a battle never shown in Tatooine and the implications of what that battle meant, what it was for, and what some were possibly searching for.
    (2) If it is newer, then maybe a slave camp set up on Tatooine to build weapons.

Lurknomore likes this.
  21. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Maybe the Imperial Remnant held sway over Tatooine after Endor and Luke is returning to free the slaves

22. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    That would be cool. It would make sense for Luke to be moved by that since his father was a slave.

23. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    How about a Hoth type battle that happens on Tatooine ....AT-AT walkers fighting Jedi.......

24. KevinM1

KevinM1 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 15, 2012
    Basic ideas:

Ep. 7: Leia is a prominent politician (maybe a Senator again, or President/Chancellor). Han is her incredibly bored husband who occasionally finds himself in embarrassing situations as he tries to re-live some of his glory days as a scoundrel (nothing serious, but embarrassing for Leia, like getting arrested at an illegal card game, or something like that). Luke has largely retired from the galaxy at large. He's reclaimed the old Lars homestead, and is living a peaceful life of meditation and reflection. The Solo kids have had some rudimentary training in The Force, but neither showed any interest in becoming a Jedi. One is, instead, a hotshot pilot, and the other a naturally gifted mechanic/engineer.

Something(tm) happens that requires the old heroes to mobilize. Something political in nature to attract Leia, which will bring Han and Chewie along (insert "At least we're getting out of the house, pal" quip here). Something else happens (a kidnapping? An attack?) that brings Luke out of retirement. He needs a ship, which the Solo kids provide (which is how they get involved).

Blah blah blah, rescue attempt. Turns out the whole thing is just a ruse by the Villain to get Luke and Leia together. You see, for the Villain, it's pretty obvious that The Force has been the driving force of most of the galaxy's conflicts, responsible for countless deaths and atrocity. Jedi vs. Sith, Sith vs. Jedi... the cycle just goes on and on. So, step one is to gather the only remaining known Force users to one place and kill them so they can't train a new Jedi force to oppose them. The Villain fails, of course, due to the unforeseen Solo kids, and the heroes escape. The Villain moves on to step two as Luke decides he must train a new generation of Jedi.

Ep. 8: The Solo kids show aptitude, but not attitude. They don't want to be Jedi, but rather approach the problem in their own way. Panic abounds in the galaxy as the Villain strikes at planets seemingly at random, using a new form of stealth technology to hit the planets without local defenses realizing it until it's far too late. They're stealing unrelated pieces of equipment from each planet. It's clear they're up to something bad, but none of it makes any sense to the heroes.

After a fair amount of Jedi training (everyone loves training scenes), and small scale engagements against the Villain's distractions, the mechanic Solo child figures out a way to pierce the cloak and find the Villain's base of operations. The heroes (along with a decent sized Republic fleet and many of the padawans) mobilize to attack.

The Villain has formidable defenses. The heroes get inside, but something is stopping the Jedi from using their powers, causing them not just to be like normal people/aliens, but weak. Think "Obi-Wan feeling the destruction of Alderaan." The redshirts get slaughtered fairly easily. Luke presses on, determined to find what's causing it.

The Villain's goal is now revealed - destruction of The Force itself. No more Jedi vs. Sith. No more people lucking into immense power and using it to dictate how the galaxy should be run. No more pretentious cults being the arbiters of morality. Just equality. Everyone born equal. The device the Villain built with the stolen parts emits a wave that kills midichlorians (they've gotta be good for something! :p ). And, this one is just a small prototype. The Villain is going to make a far larger one that will affect the entire galaxy.

Luke is killed, but does manage to both destroy the prototype and buy time for the others to escape. Dun dun dunnnnn.....

Ep 9: The Solo kids begin to buy into the Jedi way of doing things, but with their own twist. Less rigid morality and codes of conduct, more applying what works. Jeet Kun Do, Force Edition.

More is revealed about the Villain. Their identity is revealed, as well as their ties to the Jedi and Sith. Turns out their family has been on the bad end of both. Palpatine's purge killed their grandmother. Their father was killed in the skies above Endor. The Villain is Force sensitive themselves, but is willing to commit suicide for their goal.

They also have help. Another powerful politician, one that's a rival to Leia, has been funneling money to the Villain. So, that's her battle.

The kids, now their own brand of Jedi, manage to infiltrate the device, and destroy it.
    ---

Yeah, I suck at endings, but that's the basic idea I have at the moment.

25. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Most people are, so that's not a significant problem. ;)

I'd like SW to mirror the global troubles of our own times by representing America's response to 9/11 and the war on terror. The Republic will be seemingly in control of the galaxy and there will be peace, until a terrorist attack destroys a Core world. This group will be against Force-users and claim that the Republic is unholy as long as they associate with the Jedi. The Jedi must be destroyed or else other worlds will be annihilated. The Republic leadership, including Han, Leia, and Luke, will be split on how to respond, but Han Solo and others will demand an invasion of a peaceful system despite the fact that it was only an extremist group who was responsible. Meanwhile, others in the Republic will consider banning the Jedi, or even imprisoning them if it means peace. Behind this group of terrorist fanatics will be some kind of darksider, probably a Sith, unbeknownst to the believers. The Republic will attack the peaceful system and many innocents will be killed, calling their moral authority into question, which will cause anti-democratic forces to rally and reclaim influence in the galaxy. Soon, unless the Jedi expose the plot before it's too late, the Republic will begin to fall apart again and be destroyed from multiple forces inside and out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.