main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    We don't get enough snow here to make cool snow creations. :_|

I think I may be the only human in the Northern Hemisphere who doesn't like spring.

In unrelated news, I started watching Mad Men last night and may be marathoning it today. Great show.

Havac likes this.
  2. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Going back to DSII for a moment, I really like how my character is looking at the moment.

Apologies for the potato quality.

[​IMG]

And, yes, he's compensating.

MasterSkywalker86 likes this.
  3. Mat Skywalker

Mat Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    That's a huge shield

4. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    It ain't called a great shield for nothin'. ;)

The zweihander ain't exactly small, either. :p

5. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    Tell me something, I seen playthroughs(TBFP) and actual hype for this series but I don't understand why. Like the game follows a traditonal sense of punishment that I seen back on NES titles, but after you died say like 5 times what makes you not put down the controller ?

6. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    The fact it's a great game, basically. And ridiculously satisfying.

7. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    It's tight 3rd person combat with some Diabloesque elements ?

8. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Don't believe Uli, he's just saying that to disguise his self-flagellating masochistic tendencies! [face_devil]

9. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    HAVING SAID THAT, since I've just had my backside handed to me by a giant spider for the fifth time in a row, having got it down to its last sliver of health last time before finally being done in... I think I need a break for a little while. :p

Honestly, it's always made me think more of a modern day version of the very original Legend of Zelda.

But, yeah, tight 3rd person with Diabloesque elements would sum it up, too. It definitely captures the same kind of atmosphere as the original Diablo, at any rate.

RC-1991 and MasterSkywalker86 like this.
  10. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    And they say there are no games for last gen :p

11. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Pfft. Until this gen is cheap gen, last gen is the only gen I'll be genning.

12. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    Someone put that on a poster :p

Just got back into Dishonored and man I missed it.

13. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
  14. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Ah, Zero Punctuation. [face_love]

Honestly, though, PC gaming is both better and worse than console gaming. There's pros and cons to it, like actually building a PC for gaming being prohibitively expensive at a high level, or that a lot of games aren't built for the PC and have really crappy ports (like the TFU games, for instance). But I prefer having all my games in one place and the ability to switch between games like FTL and Just Cause 2 on the fly, so I use a PC. Playing games in native 1080p is a nice bonus, as well. But the best part of having a PC is that I don't have to buy one of the new boxes to play any of the new games (exclusives aside), or hang on to an old one to play ones that came out a gen or two ago. If there's a game I want to play, like Uncharted, I'll just borrow a PS3 from a friend for a week or so.

So, yes, PC gaming master race indeed.

15. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    GOOD.

16. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    And, upon my return, I killed it first time. Woohoo!

Okay, so, technically, it was like the sixth time today... and maybe the seventh or eighth time, total, but who's counting?

17. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    And then got your arse handed to you once more by some new bigger, badder bastard?

18. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Nah.

Well, I got cocky and then mob rushed while exploring and died, but I've been taking it pretty easy. I think I've only got one big bad left, now. Won't rush it.

It's pub time now, anyway.

19. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Apparently, MST3K (which everyone here should know and love, and if you don't go look it up) is reuniting for a three-episode miniseries on National Geographic under the Rifftrax name, apparently to be aired on April 1st. I hope and pray that this isn't just an April Fool's joke leaked early.

http://screenrant.com/mystery-science-theater-3000-new-show/

20. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Ah, so you have decided to opt for Drunken Gaming Style! Where you will reach dazzling heights of gaming prowess that you will never replicate when sober!

21. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Sadly not. Just the Sunday quiz. Which we lost terribly.

Left pretty early (as you can no doubt tell from my presence, here)

22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    You didn't have the we-drink-to-victory-and-we-drink-to-dull-the-pain-of-defeat rule in place? Ah, that explains everything! Not enough booze.

MasterSkywalker86 and RC-1991 like this.
  23. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I have actually heard Skyrim, or perhaps just The Elder Scrolls series in general, being described as a grown man's Legend of Zelda, which I agree with even though I have played the first three Zelda games and have only really gotten close to beating ALttP. I can also see a lot of similarities between the Diablo series and Skyrim. I really don't know what to think of Dark Souls, since I am a little bit behind the times on the latest and greatest. Based on what you all are saying, the impression I am getting is the tremendous difficulty must be what has elicited the Legend of Zelda comparison.

Skyrim sure can be painful at times to play unpatched, because once I beat the main quest and with it obtained the last of the achievements, I have been having much more frequent freezing issues in finishing A Return to Your Roots and trying to level up Destruction.

24. patchworkz7

patchworkz7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2004
    inFamous : Second Son is the X-men game I've always wanted.

In other news; I just got back from LA (six hour drive back up I-5 weee!) and all I can say is that the new Star Tours is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!

And as uninterested as I am towards CARS, I have to say the Road Racers ride at California Adventure MUST be experienced, especially at night. Just fantastically fun.

Always a good weekend when I get tons of compliments on both my Halo Kitty and Mij Gilamar chibli shirt from random strangers.

25. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    Please go on about Second Son :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.