main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC The Official Craft Beer/Microbrew Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by WookatMe, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Made a float of Sprecher Russian Imperial stout and french vanilla ice cream.

DarthIntegral, WookatMe and xblackout like this.
  2. thebadge

thebadge Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    My ex brother in law's microbrewery in OCEANSIDE CA- OceansideAleWorks.Com

Mark is co-owner and brews the best beer I have ever had. If you are in SoCal get down to his brewery say Pat sent me you will get a few free pints.

I'm way to nice to you drunkards.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  3. thebadge

Mar 15, 2002

Mark Brews an amazing Coffee Stout that ages for several years, I had a keg on tap at my house for 5 years and drank it slow to follow how it matured which was amazing. Tell him I said you want a keg for your house if you really go for it I'm sure I can get you the keg for free. Of course you need to live in SoCal or at least get down here he is not big enough to ship a barrel cross state for free unless I use a few cards (which I have after being married to sisters for 20 years (till my wife wanted a divorce-her sister would pick me as a friend over my ex but its just the 2 sisters so I lose even if she likes me better)
    Yes its strange, for me its very very hard and depressing she certainly broke my heart and destroyed my life sigh…..

Healer_Leona likes this.
  4. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    Yes plz

Healer_Leona likes this.
  5. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    thebadge A keg of stout would be awesome to have as it aged.

6. thebadge

Mar 15, 2002

I would be willing to help you out check out his website call and ask for Mark tell him your a very close friend of Pat's and really want an aged keg of coffee stout or whatever stout he might have aged if you make the effort let me know when I will see if I can get it free (its a given if you live out here).

I own his a** . I can play good guy or bad guy his marriage is in my hands I know everything so to speak, he is not stupid he will do it I can ruin his life
    should I feel like it. Considering after 22 years of close friendship and knowing everything about each other he has everything to lose and I have nothing.

He never called even once to say I am sorry about you and Kathy not one damm call, huge mistake………I am loyal but when abandoned like that lets say
    I will never forgive or forget

7. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    Being a St. Louisian, I really like most of Schlafly's beers. The Pale Ale is great, all of their seasonal beers such as Raspberry Coffee Stout, their Pumpkin Ale, and currently Summer Lager. Boulevard is also quite good.

Lately I've been drinking a lot of Kona, in particular their Fire Rock lager. So good!

Healer_Leona and WookatMe like this.
  8. xblackout

Jun 5, 2008
    The shop I bake for is going to be carrying beer and wine very soon and Schlafly is one of the breweries we can carry. I'll have to push for us to get some of that Raspberry Coffee Stout. It sounds amaaaazing =P~

Point Given , CuppaJoe and WookatMe like this.
  9. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    yeah Raspberry coffee stout!

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I must say that the two coffee beers and two dark chocolate beers that you gave me, Frieda, were tasty and expeditious. I'll have to look for those now!

WookatMe and Healer_Leona like this.
  11. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002

The Raspberry Coffee Stout is great, but unfortunately it's only available around August through November. :( Wish I'd stocked up on it!

But here's a good luck at everything they currently offer http://schlafly.com/beers/

12. xblackout

Jun 5, 2008
    The bar/coffee shop across the street is celebrating their 3 year anniversary this week with all sorts of special brews. Went tonight and had a coffee cream ale from Bridge and Tunnel brewed especially for Kickshaw and it was such a happy place. So creamy and delightful.

13. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn, I should see about working in the Village again.

14. xblackout

Jun 5, 2008
    We still don't have a definitive date, but I think in maybe a month or two? The licensing is taking foreeever. And we're opening a new shop at 3rd & 26th, hopefully by May (and that place already has a license so we should have beer and wine from the get go)! And the kitchen will be on site, so I won't be hidden away in a Chinatown basement!

Healer_Leona likes this.
  15. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Raspberry stout sounds to die for.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  16. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    fruit flavored beers are an abomination.

Havac likes this.
  17. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    I want to rage with an angry 'What?" to that Tom, but to each his own. If not for the the differing tastes, the beers would all taste the same. Now that would be an abomination!

Tonight's beer is Evil Twin Brewing's Imperial Biscotti Break. Top of the line stout to me. Strong, dark, thick with an amazing taste.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  18. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    You are!

19. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Mrs Inty got me a six-pack of Ophelia Hoppy Wheat by Breckenridge for Easter.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  20. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Tonight's first bottle is Rogue's Voodoo Doughtnut - Pretzel, raspberry, chocolate. Aroma is delicious! Taste, while not as flavorful as smell, is quite nice.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  21. Isotope217

Isotope217 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 24, 2002
    Just finished an Ithaca Flower Power IPA

22. xblackout

Jun 5, 2008
    I saw that on Untappd and wanted to cry with jealousy hahaha

We're rolling out our beer program at work on Monday and I'm so excited! I can't remember all of them, but I know we're going to have Coney Island's Tunnel of Love, Ellie's Brown Ale by Avery, Southampton's Double White, and the IPA Isotope217 mentioned. And once we open our new location and have more room we'll be offering beer cocktails and I can't wait to drink them alllll

Healer_Leona likes this.
  23. Isotope217

Isotope217 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 24, 2002

Fresh Ithaca Flower Power has a great aroma, one of the best I've encountered. I'm enjoying an Otter Creek Citra Mantra at the moment, which also has a great nose.

24. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I have a sudden need to experience this beer. Not just drink it. Experience it.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  25. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Having a Sam Adam's Honey Queen. I like.

DarthIntegral, xblackout and WookatMe like this.