main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Official Sequel Trilogy / Legends / Expanded Universe discussion thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by YoureNotJonesy, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    [​IMG]

TKT and T-R- like this.
  2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Definitely not.

Lurknomore likes this.
  3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Don't be mad at me Sherriff Tommy Lee Jones!

4. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    [​IMG]
    This thread...

T-R-, Buddha Fett, Krueger and 3 others like this.
  5. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Ironic since Patton himself was a prime mover in making fictional accounts about himself.

6. cronedoggy

cronedoggy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 3, 2012
    Can we stop spamming the board with stupid gifs?

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  7. Fastback

Fastback Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 12, 2014
    Gifs are the only thing they can come up with to argue agaist EU commen sense logic. ;)

8. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    If there's a logic to the EU, I have yet to see it.

T-R- likes this.
  9. Fastback

Jan 12, 2014
    Ha see it... you must read it and not everything you have seen from Lucas PT or OT had logic either.

10. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    No, my point is, given the large numbers of authors, artists and creative talents involved in the EU, it's difficult if not impossible for some, if not all of the collective waters to be muddled and it only gets more muddled when you combine them with the OT, PT, TCW and every inconsistent statement George Lucas has made over the last 35+ years.

11. Fastback

Jan 12, 2014
    You don't have to combine them all in next saga or expain every that happen that last 30 yrs, you only have to start after all that has happen and it will be an all new triology for all.

12. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

[​IMG]

So very, very tired...

But until we get leaks/conformation/the movie actually comes out - yes, I believe the denial will continue to the bitter end - there will be this.

I'm curious about the supposed new Luke book that is coming out - and pray it's free of red mange.

Krueger likes this.
  13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Sweet. Jesus. Why did I open this thread?

A couple of points:

1. I like some EU, but Jacen becoming a Sith was monumentally ****ing stupid, not to mention a retcon of earlier material about him and the total slander of a great character, Vergere, in order to make the monumentally ****ing stupid plot point work.

We're talking about the same set of books that had a 60-year-old Leia wearing Daisy Dukes and talking to Han about bondage and ordering their daughter to kill their son, and had another great character, Tahiri, molesting a 14-year-old Ben Skywalker.

Yeah, kill it with fire.

2. The timeline coinciding with the end of the NJO makes me hope that the LOTF books are being retconned, not kept, even if Disney decides to keep the NJO, which had its good and bad points.

3. Also hoping the upcoming Luke book is free of "red mange." (Just started the recently released Han book taking place between ANH and ESB and it is ****ing awesome. Make it into a film, Disney.)

14. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Warning. Stupid is a subjective term. Clarifaction is required least the torture never end :p

plaidphoenix likes this.
  15. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999

I keep checking this hoping for rational discussion, and always end up thinking this… :oops:

16. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    For the love of all that's holy - STAY OUT OF THE 'Who Should play Luke's Wife?' thread...

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Just the title of that one would keep me out.

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    erm, this sentence:

does not correlate to the notion of "common sense logic". "Flow walking" flasbacks to a decade and a half multiple book series wouldn't fall under the "common sense" umbrella when one is making a commercial, mainstream, blockbuster FX film. Doesn't fit.

It happens! Two pages back we had a bit going on there. Then gets derailed by EU Hardliners vs. EU hatorz. We need to bridge the gap, people! there is a middle ground! The middle ground which, in reality, is probably what is going to end up happening anyway. (which means the movies will do whatever they want and then the EU will twist and contort to incorporate that old EU content. And there's probably a very good possibility a whole whack of EU originated content will work it's way into the ST anyway, see TCW series.)

However, the notion that there will be a movie released by Disney that features "Flow walking" flashbacks for an extended montage of events that happened in a de facto canonized old novel series is not one of those things that would "work". It's a really, really bad idea.

Dra---, Ryus, Iron_lord and 2 others like this.
  19. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    One thing to keep in mind if Jeese Plemmons role will be Luke's son than he would have been born in ten to 12 ABY

20. Fastback

Jan 12, 2014

This is all speculation and what I post is just my opinion guessing what if maybe who knows just throwing it out there. What does not make sense to you may make sense to some one else. I think we can all agree that no matter lets hope Disney and JJ get it right because the big three are back. :)

21. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    My thoughts when I enter this particular part of the forum:

[​IMG]

Krueger likes this.
  22. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014
    Here's a productive contribution to this thread:

[​IMG]

http://www.starwars7news.com/2014/03/clarification-on-whats-in-star-wars.html

23. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I think that was obvious but it's nice to hear it from the Wookiee's mouth.

24. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    ... 2nd hand.... someone had to translate.

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I always use random people's tweets as primary sources when I'm looking for something reliable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.