main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Carrie Fisher (Leia) in Episode VII (Sad News posted on Page 269)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Dec 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Granger

Granger Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    March 22nd.

2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    She looks fantastic - good on her :)

3. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Mark has the BEST role -

T-R- likes this.
  4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    "Don't [mess] with a Jedi Master, son!" ^:)^ [face_laugh]

T-R- and DarthBreezy like this.
  5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    This reminds me that I need to see that movie. The Good Will Hunting II: Hunting Season bit was hysterical.

6. Erevador

Erevador Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 10, 2013
    Carrie looks incredible. She's totally transformed. She IS Princess Leia again. Really, she hasn't looked this good in decades. It's wild. She looks exactly the way I imagine an older version of someone as regal and strong as Leia would look.

I adore this woman.

7. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

Yes. And they still have around 2 months until filming. Now imagine her in May, with full Leia make up, hair, wardrobe, and great movie lighting.

I never had a single doubt she (and Mark) would come through; they're professionals, they know exactly what is expected of them for this kind of return. But I hope all those whiners and naysayers who claimed Fisher was the weak link who needed recasting, or claimed she was too feeble of mind and sanity to pull this off, choke on it now. She's looking exactly like a Leia 30 years post Jedi should look.

El_Machete12, Pensivia, T-R- and 9 others like this.
  8. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    she scrubs up well

9. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Carrie looks fantastic , Mark looks amazing , Harrison looks his usual self & there all heading to London soon =D=:D^:)^

Pensivia, T-R-, Yanksfan and 3 others like this.
  10. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Dennis Lawson looks fantastic, too! I can't wait to see him in action again.

What?

Ganger, T-R- and Juke Skywalker like this.
  11. sethg

sethg Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012
    Wow, I legitimately thought that last pic of Carrie was from the 90s. Color me blown away.

T-R- and jaqen like this.
  12. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I've obtained a copy of the voice message Anthony Daniels left for Carrie after he saw that picture.

JainaSoloYJK and jaqen like this.
  13. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    She looks hot! Great body. Carrie looks ok too.

Carrie said she hates being on screen in HD at her age. Hope she realises she'll be in HD & on an IMAX screen next December!

14. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Carrie never fails to crack me up in her interviews...

But yeah, she's looking good. :) Like someone above said, give her a fantastic costume and an elaborate 'Leia' hairstyle, and the feisty princess will be back.

15. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I've always avoided being the superficial type in regards to these things here, but I will say that the work Carrie has had done to her lips bothers me slightly. I'm not a fan of plastic surgery in general and it makes me sad that countless actresses (and other women as well) have spoiled their natural beauty with such procedures. Ultimately I doubt it will affect my enjoyment of her performance very much, but I do think it's kind of a shame.

werpudel and Darth_Articulate like this.
  16. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000

Has she indeed done something to her lips though? I have to say I don't really notice anything, especially in the last picture posted, or even in the interview clip.

Otherwise, I completely agree with you about people ruining their looks with plastic surgery…..

maychild likes this.
  17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Really...? This is what lack of anything to discuss has brought us to? Log off for a few days and volunteer at a food bank or join the Peace Corps.

jaqen likes this.
  18. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I could have sworn I saw something where she denied having plastic surgery except from some minor work around her mouth but I can't find it now. Maybe I'm wrong, but it does look like it to me. Honestly, this is the first negative comment I think I've ever made about someone's appearance here, and it was only to point out that I would prefer to see someone appear as naturally as possible. I couldn't even care less if they've put on a few pounds, which so many seem obsessed with, although I'm happy to see that her and Mark do seem to have slimmed down considerably.

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I know. You have been a good sport. This is just a rather low Tuesday...

Mystery Roach likes this.
  20. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    All they need to say is she was attacked by a wampa & needed reconstructive surgery. Then we can all look past it :)

21. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    That's why they're filming in Iceland!!

22. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I was going to say something but I'm not going to.

23. maychild

maychild Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2013
    Carrie looks better than she has in years. I don't see anything wrong with her lips; maybe it's just the lipstick she's wearing in the still pics.

jaqen and Yanksfan like this.
  24. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    She's become such a funny, dry a sarcastic person. I wonder if she can convincingly deliver some of the hokey fantasy trope dialogue & keep a straight face & be convincing to the audience ? If she is a Jedi will she sell the "serious" side of the role?

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  25. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Listen, Solo, if you don't can it, I'm putting you back in the carbonite!

JainaSoloYJK and Darth_Downunder like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.