main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC A Battle of Words {A War of Kings OOC Thread}

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by spycoder9, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010

If you ask me, there's no wrong way to do it. RPGs thrive on the skills each player brings to them. Just write a post that you're happy with and you'll be fine! If there are mechanical issues, they can be gently massaged out over time.
    This is an acquired skill. Consider it like a real conversation--if there are three people in a conversation and one person makes a comment that either or both of the other two could reply to, whoever gets a reply in first speaks first in response to a thought. If others have gotten in before you, react to their actions. As much as it would be nice for RPGs to be smooth, there are bound to be some rough edges. Work around them as best is possible.

For example, Ktala or greyjedi125 could both make a reply to the most recent post that I put up after getting some direction from spycoder9, which is sometimes the easiest way for him to update the game. It's just a question of who gets to it first.

Also, regarding spy, his schedule is sometimes tough. However, he'll get back to you soon enough. :)

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Thank you. That makes sense. I am thoroughly confuzzled on Spy's gender now though as they have been called both male and female. :p

3. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I have been known to get gender wrong on these boards. I'm drawing on comments made to me by spy himself. Or herself, if I'm wrong. :p

4. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    It's happened with me and by me as well. :p

5. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    HEHE..

Yup. It all depends on who got to the keyboard first. You get real good at working around other posts, with a bit of practice. Especially when its such a JUICY POST to respond to!!

:D

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  6. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    Click on the name, some people have their gender stated like spy, ktala, and myself. :p

Hopefully I can finish Leiliana's departure tonight. And I hope you enjoy reading it as I do writing it. :)

7. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I sure don't see a gender listed for Spy.

8. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    *checks*

Well I'll be darned.

9. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
  10. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    Hehe well I'm excited to find out about your characters. Come back soon Spy!

11. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I'm itching to start writing. Who knows it may even spark my new tribute idea! :D

12. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    I'm a guy. ;) But, I'm on spring break! So expect a better GM for at least the next week. :p

Heavy Isotope likes this.
  13. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Right. Nice to know, Sir. :D

14. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    My life is a lie. [face_plain]

Good to know Spy. :p Hopefully I can write up a post in a timely manner, working somewhat early tomorrow.

Probably after work tomorrow actually. I want to write it now but I don't want to double post so that there's just that giant wall of text... Haha.

Even though I'm pretty good at walls of text... [face_tee_hee]

15. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    I re-immersed myself into A Dance with Dragons for two days, trying to bring out some of that fantasy muse I felt I was lacking. :p I think I've rediscovered it, so now I'm roaring and ready to go. Consider me back.

- Just for clarification, I did approve @KGA91's character. ;) We have a whole new cast of players coming along.

16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    HOLY ATTACK OF THE CHARACTERS BATMAN!

"Robb Stark, Margaret Thatcher, and Peter Cushing walk into a bar..."

Actually, I don't think that's a joke. I think that's trouble for Ginnifer Kildare.

...unless all of you want to be friends with the Kildares? [:D]

If not, the next best thing is a formidable opponent. Greatness can only be achieved through having one. ;)

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  17. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    [face_rofl] Cute.

What are the Kildares about? :D Now that my Peter OC has been approved I am most curious to see what Spy and everyone will cook up. :D Hey, um, do our posts have to be approved by Spy before we post them?

18. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Lorain:. "..Exit...stage left!!!"

Where are them boats? Des nobles are crazy!!

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  19. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Ye gods man, you aren't kidding.

Cushing's Admirer: No, you don't. Because you only control your character, there's no real way for someone to do irreparable damage. Just post whatever would seem natural for your character in the given situation, and then your fellow posters will do likewise. The whole point of spycoder's job is to make sure all those different reactions and responses build into a coherent story instead of some pointless ramble.

Trieste likes this.
  20. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Sounds like I have some reading to do then. :) Hey, Spy, are you going to set something up for the Prairies soon? If so, should I wait to post till after you've done so? Being essentially a newbie, I really don't want to mess up the flow...

21. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    I'll have something set up tonight actually, if my plans go together properly! :D

22. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    All right. Looking forward to it. :D I'll take that as my cue to work from then.

23. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    Sorry I couldn't get my post up when I intended, work/lovely people distract me. DRL is a cruel but loving mistress. :p

24. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
  25. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    Hi CA, liking your character, I'm imagining he's younger that Sir Cushing in your avatar photo, though :p