main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Anthology: News and Rumors (General Discussion Welcome)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by TtheForceHurts, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Personally, I'm ready for this spinoff.

[​IMG]

2. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Nope, can't happen. Neither of those are recognizable enough and they would never make a movie where the villain is the main character, I mean besides Psycho, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, Goodfellas, Scarface, and of course RotS, but other than that it will never work ;)

3. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    You do know that those are mafia and horror films, so of a completely different genre?

4. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    RotS isn't a different genre :p

5. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    A movie about Vader would be an interquel, not a spin-off. Vader's already a central character.

6. DEATHCONQUEROR

DEATHCONQUEROR Jedi Knight star 1

May 13, 2011

Yea maybe, Michael Sheen has a certain Palpatine look.....but that's practically it. Michael Emerson not only looks the most similar to Ian McDiarmid's Palpatine, but he has that essential face/eyes that has "sinister" and "deception" written all over it. He has the unique creepy, manipulative, insidious, and clever personality/character that can make him get whatever he wants....the intimidating and ultimate liar and deceiver. This also includes Emerson's character ability, another reference to LOST, to display unexpected bouts of violence or rage at practically any point in time. You never really know what he's really after or what's actually going on inside his head until it's too late.

There were two particular sections of the Darth Plagueis book, for example (one of many), that immediately made me think of Emerson. The first, was the part of the book that described Palpatine from Plagueis' first meeting with him, all the way till Palpatine suddenly is provoked to unleash what he has been keeping inside of him for a long time.....and butchers his whole family with the Force, starting with hated Father. The second was the sudden disturbing, but inevitable, twist at the end when Sidious gets that evil twinkle in his eye after getting up once Plagueis falls asleep. He electrocutes his Master without warning and tortures him to death, all the while mocking his master for his stupidity in failing to sense the deception from the beginning. Anybody who has seen almost all of Emerson's scenes in the seasons of LOST will know full well the connection and potential. Just my two cents....

7. DEATHCONQUEROR

DEATHCONQUEROR Jedi Knight star 1

May 13, 2011

Enough said...

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think Michael Emerson is fantastic and I wasn't trying to say he wouldn't be great as a young Palpatine. I was simply saying who I envision as playing the role and it wasn't based solely on his looks. He played a completely insane Emperor before and I thought he was brilliant in the role.

My favorite bit...

...so deliciously over the top!

9. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    There are exceptions to everything. Fact is in cinema bad guy centered movies are rather rare. It would be hard to do a family movie about a 100% psychopath like Darth Sidious and have people root for him.

At least someone like Scarface has some relatable human feelings.

10. Lando Swarm

Lando Swarm Jedi Master star 2

Aug 9, 2013
    Disney could get Tarantino to direct and go for a more adult demographic. Sidious Unchained. :p

DEATHCONQUEROR and T-R- like this.
  11. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    How about Knight Errant or something else in that era? Knight Errant seems to fit GL's history of the Sith.

12. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    If we don't get some kind of news on the spin-offs by Comic-Con this July, I think it's safe to say that we won't be getting a spin-off film in 2016.

13. Fastback

Fastback Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 12, 2014

Darth Bane spin off would be great and many would cheer for him or Darth Rain in the end. ;)

14. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    How about a movie on Ajunta Pall's fall to the dark side?

15. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    That's not Michael Emerson, that's Michael Sheen. He played Frost in Frost/Nixon & Tony Blair in the Queen. Currently in Masters of Sex.

16. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I just want Dak to get his own movie eventually.

17. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
  18. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Garanteed to be the greatest film of all time.

19. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    The Adventures of Jek Porkins: Episode I - Supersize Me!

Darth_Downunder likes this.
  20. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    That should be the title too. Just.....Porkins

I don't want to see a guy in a fat suit either. Has to be the real thing. Maybe get Christian Bale to put on 100lbs

Gallandro and purplerain like this.
  21. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Hey he put on a bunch of pounds for American Hustle!

22. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Other- NONE.

It's an unpopular opinion, yes, but it's the one I've got. I feel uneasy about the prospect of multiple spin-off films that would distract (for me anyway) from the narrative flow of the ST. It should just be Episodes 7-9, and perhaps another trilogy 15-20 years after Episode IX.

Jedi Comedian and HanSolo29 like this.
  23. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    That would only be 10% of what he'd need to play the big fella.

Would've been good if Porkins had ejected. He might've taken out about 3 TIE Fighters.

I feel for the poor actor. He probably was just called Red 6 when he filmed the scenes. Then he takes his friends & family to the cinema to see Star Wars & his character is called....Porkins! Hope he didn't have to wear that nickname for years.

purplerain likes this.
  24. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Count Dooku in his twenties.

The Hellhammer and purplerain like this.
  25. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I just realized Porkins was in Raiders. What do you know.

Darth_Articulate and purplerain like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.