main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanFic Ask Me Anything ~*~ Version 3.0 Daily Questions (See list on pg 164 or 1)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Okay, I'm going to ask you the hard question you asked me...What's one story from your childhood that sums up your childhood?

jcgoble3 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  2. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    When was the last time you had some really good bacon?

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  3. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Sushi. I love me some more traditional Sashimi or the North Americanized rolls. I will eat it all. A personal favorite of mine is PG rolls which is smoked salmon, cream cheese, avocado and cucumber in a roll. I also love chocolate. It's a problem.

I have really poor fine motor skills, so I've literally never hand written more than a sentence at any one time (I know HOW to write, but good luck reading it). I was taught to type before I was taught to write (literally, I had a type-writer in kindergarten). So everything is done on a keyboard.

As for my process, when I get an idea, I usually play out scenes in my head and try to string them together to make some sort of storyline. This can take weeks, months, or years. Then when I can't bear it anymore, I start writing. Then I typically get stuck and have to brain storm and write out some sort of plot or chapter outline. Sometimes these outlines are really basic and go chapter by chapter, other times they are really detained and go scene by scene. Then I follow that outline (sometimes adjusting it to new ideas) until the end. Sometimes I start with the ending in mind, other times I have a really big problem coming up with a proper climax and ending.

Yes! Though I've never written any fanfic for any of them with the exception of a one-shot DW fic. It's weird how I love all these other fandoms, yet the plot bunnies usually just don't bite for them. Anyways, here is a list: Doctor Who, Torchwood, Sherlock, Stargate (I watched all 10 seasons of SG-1 in a span of about 2 months), Star Trek, Fringe and Marvel (especially X-Men). I used to be big into Bones and CSI until they became dead horse beaters (yes, I'm very aware that Stargate is the BIGGEST dead horse beater in entertainment). Even though it's not really a fandom, I love the Thick of It.

OK, that is just mean.

I'm going to have to tell the bee sting story (I have a few stories involving bees, but this one just sums up my childhood). My childhood was just a string of bad decisions of people around me and unfortunate events and this day and the events afterwards were the story of my childhood. I was 4, my sister was 6 and we were living with grandparents. My aunt and uncle were off in the southern US, so my grandparents were also taking care of 3 of my cousins (14, 12 and 9) AND being that this was summer, two other cousins (8 and 7) who lived in town were hanging out with us. So there the 7 of us were, at our grandparents' house, catching frogs in the creek down the road. We eventually got bored and hungry so we made our way back to the house. But all the doors were locked and no one was home (our grandmother had had a medical crisis and our grandfather was a dummy and for some reason locked the door). We went to the back and started hammering on the back door. Which angered the huge nest of bees under the deck. We were swarmed. Thankfully (because I could barely walk, let alone run), my 2nd eldest cousin grabbed me, swung me onto his back and RAN. I made it out with only one sting, but some of my cousins and my sister had about a 1/2 dozen to a dozen each. We managed to get away. All I remember is lying on some patch of grass with my cousins. We were all dirty, crying and shoeless. Our uncle then finally got there and his expression was priceless. Because of my grandmother's medical crisis on that day, my sister and I started about a half-a-year of being shipped around to various relatives before our mother got her act together. It's a hilarious memory looking back on it because no one died and I still get blackmailed by my cousin who picked me up.

Last week. My brothers and I made brunch and we baked the bacon instead of frying it. It was nummy.

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oooh, another sushi fan. [face_dancing] [face_dancing] !!!!

First fanfiction you ever read and that drew you into the JC. :)

5. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    What do you think of Star Wars crossing over with other fandoms? Which ones do you think most favor the concept, and which would just turn you off at the very prospect?

6. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    In two parts: (a) how long have you been a moderator here, and (b) what do you enjoy most about that job?

7. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    If you could, would you want to be able to fly an airplane?

8. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I was a member of the JC (mostly active in lit *shudders*) before I got into fanfic, and like I said, I wrote before I read. But one of the first fics that I remember reading and really enjoyed was Redgold's Bearing The Chosen.

Most of the SW crossovers I've come across, I either don't know much about, or dislike the other fandom (IE, Harry Potter - I've tried to explain my dislike for HP many times, but I just never got into it and I really don't know why), so I haven't read very many crossovers. I don't mind the idea. I've just never seen one that really caught my fancy. I think fandoms that involve galactic and or time/dimension travel have the most potential with the idea (Stargate and Doctor Who), or any really sci-fi fandom involving space (IE Star Trek). I really don't like earth/SW fics, so really ANY fandom involving earth that isn't a sci-fi or far-future fandom would turn me off.

I've been a moderator since July 2013. Funny story involving my 'becoming a mod'. I got the news of my grandfather's passing just a day or two before I got the news from Mav that I was accepted as a mod. So I was so very bi-polar that week, because I was really happy to become a mod. I had to get them to post-pone the announcement till I got back from the funeral, and within the first month of being a Mod, I was away to a wedding, then a vacation, so they probably all thought I was a slacker mod. What I enjoy most about being a mod is THE POWER! UNLIMITED POWER! Just kidding, it's coming up with the Mod Challenges (I've only one so far) (that is my diplomatic answer, I have another, but only other mods will get it).

I think if I got like professional lessons to fly a small plane, I'd love it, but it has never been on any of my 'to do before I die' lists. So yes, but I'm not sure if I'd pick that opportunity over something else equally as awesome.

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :D :D What makes you a Ben Skywalker fangirl the most? ;) What about his personality, etc.?

10. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Duplicating a question I asked mavjade: have you met any of the other members here in person, and, if so, whom?

11. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    What is your current favourite book and how would you sum it up in 140 characters?

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Favorite kinds/flavors: in pie (or cake) and in ice cream?

13. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    [face_devil] Bwah ha ha.. Payback is... er um... yeah. Good story though! I love the kind that wasn't funny at the time but is now.

What is one thing that is on your bucket list?

14. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Would you throw yourself out of a perfectly good airplane (a.k.a. skydiving)?

jcgoble3 likes this.
  15. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Well, first off, I love that I can be a Ben fangirl without is being weird because I'm around the same age. But I LOVE THE SNARK! I'm a Luke fangirl too, but the snark and the humour just isn't there. IMO, Aaron Allston handled Ben the best out of all the authors who have handled him (but to be fair, only, what? like 4 authors have really handled Ben - yeah, Ben was in NJO, but was a baby). Outcast, even though I hated much of FotJ, remains one of my favourite EU books, just because of the Ben parts. I feel I can really connect to Ben because I lost a parent in my adolescence and the death was a result of another family member's negligence (officially it was negligence, but in my eyes, a case for murder could have been made). So I understand the anger, and having to mature way before one's time, as well as how that can lead to the desire to goof off and make snide remarks at any chance possible. He's a complex character that makes sense.

Nope. Living in the great white North kinda prevents me from being anywhere anyone else may be. I tried to meet up with some people when I was in London, but the dates just didn't line up and I was just too oober busy. If I ever go to a con or celebration, I'd love to meet some people.

What a horrible question to ask a diabetic :p Not really a fan of pie (though Saskatoon berry pie is pretty yummy, same with lemon), but I really like cheesecake. And I love mint chocolate chip ice cream.

I want to see every continent in the world. I'm a huge traveler, so that is up there. Also to become a published author. I'm not planning on quitting school to become a full time author, but I'd like to be published. Ok, so that is 2 things....

Assuming I have a parachute on me, YESSSS!!!

Sorry. forgot this one. I currently don't have a 'current favorite book' as all I've read in the past few months has been textbooks and books, but I'll sum up one of my ALL TIME favourite books, House of the Scorpion:

Opium is a country. It grows Opium. Patron is ruler. Matt is clone. Matt's mom was a cow, she went moo. Matt thought he was the only clone.

That is a really bad summery, but it makes you want to read it, doesn't it?

16. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Do you think TrakNar should lay off the Pokémon crap? ;)

17. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
  18. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
  19. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
  20. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Have you ever been on a cruise, and to where?

22. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    To stick to the travel theme ;) :D . . .

If you could visit one place in the world, where would that be?

23. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Is Brianna your name in real life? (If not, you don't have to tell us what it is if you'd rather not. Just was curious where the "Brianna" of "Briannakin" fits in.)

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Least and also most favorite seasons of the year, and why.

25. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm probably not the best person to ask. I couldn't sleep last night and I needed to de-stress, so I played Pokemon Red on my old Gameboy colour. So my answer is no. She has to catch 'em all!

Nope. But I would love to go on a 'repositioning' cruse where they basically reposition a ship. They are fairly cheep in comparison to other cruises, most are closing in on two weeks and you go to some really random places, and sometimes like half-way across the world. But a Scandinavian cruise would also be awesome.

Ireland, specifically the cliffs of Moher. I fell in love with the British isles when I went to London and I would go back in an heartbeat.

NO IT IS NOT! IT IS BRIANN! NOT BRIAN, NOT BRIANNE, NOT BRIANNA. BRIANN.

Sorry for the rant. Briann actually one of my middle names, but I'm one of those freaks that got a really rough first name, so I go by my middle name. So when someone asks for my name at like a doctor's office or airport, I have to think about it.

Favourite: summer, because it usually gets really nice here, and we have glacier lakes to jump into. Least favourite: spring, because of dog poop. We really don't get spring here (it literally snowed about 10 cms last night), it goes from winter to summer in about 3 weeks in April and during that time all the snow melts really fast and it's just muddy, soggy and gross. And all the dog poop over the last 6 months thaws. It smells.

earlybird-obi-wan and TrakNar like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.