main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RMFF.Net

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Dark Crafty, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Dark Crafty

Dark Crafty Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 21, 2013
    Question!

Who is in "Charge" or who has admin rights to RMFF.Net? Do we even have a position within the club such as webmaster or admin?

Seeing how it is the first thing people go to when they are interested in the RMFF (and the main thing on RMFF handouts) I am surprised at how bare and "disengaged" it is.. If someone didn't visit the forums it really looks like the RMFF is inactive fan group.

I can understand not updating it with every little thing but the last time something was updated was the location of the September 2013 meeting, and most of the links are dead ends. I know most everyone is on the forums but those can be a little intimidating to someone who is brand new (Ill admit I was nervous starting off, although DieWompRatDie was a beast and made me feel one with the group) and wants to get some info such as meeting notes, locations, pictures, etc. Some of those ongoing threads they have to dig through are 10+ years old... TEN!

In all honesty I was pretty intimidated especially going to the first few meetings... when you think about it, 90% of the main RMFF have known each other for a long time and are regular friends. Coming to a meeting as a first timer (or second or third), you can feel like an outsider (even though you guys try very hard to NOT make that happen, a new person will always feel that way a little..)

The website needs to be able to ease peoples transitions into becoming active members, a place for non-members (or even members) to go for meeting notes, locations, pictures, etc. without feeling the pressure to post on the forums.

Just thought I would share my two cents and figured it was a good time with the Parade over and one of our most high profile events that attract new members (DCC) coming up!

Joseph_Orion and Haikukid like this.
  2. Haikukid

Haikukid Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 30, 2013
    Please don't take this post as in anyway an indicator that I want to volunteer to help with the website mentioned by Dark Crafty above. Besides I have no computer skill to boast about just ask DieWompRatDie who had to tutor me in how to tag people;) Having said all that, I just wanted to say I did look at the RMFF.Net first which lead me to find these boards. There is a lot of great info there but I do agree updated meeting/events would be fantastic to attract newbs!

3. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Excellent points everybody and we definitely are aware of the great recruiting tool/front door mat that is RMFF.net. I'll work on updating it with recent events, upcoming events, etc. Thanks for the reminder Dark Crafty and good to know Haikukid that it was effective in bringing you to the boards.

We have top men working on it now. Top...men.

4. Dark Crafty

Apr 21, 2013
    I know I don't make it up to a lot of meeting since I'm down in Colorado Springs, but if help is needed I would love to make it my contribution to maintain/update it!

5. corran_r9

corran_r9 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 2009
    I'd be willing to help out too ................................:cool:

Dark Crafty likes this.
  6. Dark Crafty

Apr 21, 2013
  7. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I'll make user IDs and admins of you corran_r9 and Dark Crafty. That way you can both, in addition to when I have time, update the middle column with event information/photos, upcoming meetings, etc. Work for you guys?

8. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Doh! Looks like I spoke too soon. I don't have access to make y'all admins for the Wordpress back end. Grimby, could you do that for these guys?

9. Dark Crafty

Apr 21, 2013
    Sounds good to me, just let me know!

10. Dark Crafty

Apr 21, 2013
    Any luck on those accounts?