main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Altair You a New One: The Assassin's Creed Series

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valyn, May 14, 2010.

1. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
  2. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    What Legolas said. He was given the choice by Minerva to do nothing and let the world burn, with him leading the surviving members of humanity to a new age in which he would eventually be at first hailed as a savior and later on as an angry god figure. Juno gave him the choice to save the Earth by giving his life powering the green shield generating thingamabob. He chose Juno's and that was that. ****** ending all the same if you ask me.

So what exactly was revealed in that DLC? I wasn't gonna get it; I hated those weird Desmond levels in Revelations.

3. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Lazy Storm Trooper and 07jonesj like this.
  4. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Darth_Invidious There's a little more to it than that. Juno was still alive in the Grand Temple, and required the Eye (and a sacrifice) to be used to escape. In the original timeline without her influence, Haytham and the Templars would have found the Temple in the 1700's and stopped the Solar Flare early, so she intervened, and had Ratonhnhake:ton become an Assassin and wipe the Templars out. By the time Desmond got to the Temple, he was too late to save the world and stop Juno's plans.

The Lost Archive is the story of Subject 16; Clay Kaczmarek. It tells of his life dreams and of him joining the Brotherhood. Then it details his stay at Abstergo with Vidic and his encounter with Juno, who reveals Lucy to be a Triple Agent. Lucy becomes aware of this and forces him into the Animus for extended periods, which cause Clay to degenerate mentally. Chronologically, it's actually set directly prior to Revelations, as you play as the artificial intelligence program that Clay had created. He's been reliving Clay's memories over and over again until he can copy his personality.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  5. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I kinda glossed over the detail about Juno using that as an opportunity to escape. I guess at that point, I just wanted the game to end. AC3 was that frustrating a gaming experience. :p

6. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    As I've said before, I've played AC3 three times now. Love it. The ending is really anticlimactic though, I was expecting either a platforming section to get to the Eye or a surprise Abstergo attack by Rikkin. Getting neither and ending with a 4-minute cutscene as the conclusion of 5 games was... questionable.

7. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah, just goes to show how the third leg of a trilogy is always - ALWAYS - bound to disappoint. So many examples to choose from. I am sincerely worried that Arkham Knight follows suit. :-(

8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    People complain about the suckiness of the ending of ME 3 (me included), but they forget that the ending of ACIII doesn't even give you a choice. It's Ubisoft giving the gamer the finger imo.

9. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Naval combat AGAIN?!?! No!

But thats ok I don't have to play it. It seems like a little added bonus for last gen gamers which is nice by Ubisoft instead of forcing us to get a new console. That being said I will probably get a new one for Batman and now the new AC, the French Revolution setting sounds awesome.

10. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006

I only played through ACIII once, and thought it was... okay. As for the ending, I just kinda shrugged and said "Whatever." I just didn't care about the modern day story*. After that stupid chase after Charles Lee, and the anticlimax there, I just wanted the game to end. And the fact that they just use Desmond's brain anyway in AC4 just makes the fact that they killed Desmond at the end of 3 pointless. At least use some other schmuck.

Picked up AC:Revelations recently, so I've been going through that. Not as good as ACII and Brotherhood (which I thought were great) but still pretty good so far. And I'll at least give them credit for trying to do something different with the modern day stuff and the whole concept of the animus.

The French Revolution game sounds like it might be really interesting. Not as sold on the other, but it could have potential. Now, if they just ditched the modern day storyline... Eh, I can dream.

*Okay, I'll admit, Shaun's alright. I get a kick out of British snark, and a bonus point for being the historian.

11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Maybe Ubisoft will make you play Naval Combat

12. ThatsNoPloKoon

ThatsNoPloKoon Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 24, 2013
    Well Assassin's Creed has never been about player choice. The ending is truly terrible though regardless. AC3 was a big disappointment for me overall. It hasn't felt like the writers have any clear plan for the series since Brotherhood.

13. Volderon

Jul 23, 2007
    My appreciation for 3 went up after I finished AC4. I went back and played a bit of 3. There were some things I didn't like such as unfogging the map by going literally everywhere, (viewpoints only reveal so much), the homestead quests were a pain at the time with glitches but I liked the combat in 3 more than 4. It seemed more free flowing and you absolutely owned with Connor.

And I enjoyed Revelations a lot as well. It was a great send off for Altair and Ezio. It was great to play as Altair again. Loved that game even though it wasn't as polished as Brotherhood and you could tell.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  14. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    First time being disappointed with an AC character/setting announcement. Could not care less about a Haytham appearance, hate the idea of playing as a Templar again (once was clever, twice was a little funny a little meh, three times is IDGAF anymore), and if they wanted to go with one last entry on colonial America I would rather they gave Connor a post-ACIII follow-up/wrap-up. This just feels like they wanted to get one more use out of old assets and stuff before moving on.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  15. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    No AC game will ever be as unplayable as the original. Pure repetition. It only picks up at the very very end.

Darth_Invidious and 07jonesj like this.
  16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

Haytham was the only Templar we played as

17. Volderon

Jul 23, 2007

It was repetitive yes but the cities and towns were beautiful and the animations were top notch. For one of the first games on Xbox 360 it was really good. Like you said, it picks up when you meet the woman Templar...what's her name...I can't remember. But from there you go to a battlefield and it was awesome.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  18. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    It's kind of a shame that we won't get a follow-up/closure of Connor's storyline. It feels very unresolved.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Maybe we will in the future

20. Volderon

Jul 23, 2007
    I wonder who the assassin will be in Unity. I'd like to play as a female assassin. Yes, there is Aveline de Grandpre but I feel like we need another, one for a main console game. It's only fair as we have had so many male characters.

moosemousse likes this.
  21. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'd like it if I could customise my own assassin. Just being able to choose whether I'm male or female would do. This is revolutionary France and in a revolution everyone fights, not just the men.

22. ThatsNoPloKoon

ThatsNoPloKoon Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 24, 2013
    From the screens it looks like it's a guy.

23. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    The real question is who's going to be the Desmond-like character now?

24. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I hope we get an actual character this time. While I enjoyed the present-day stuff in Black Flag for how much sheer lore was available to read and listen to, I felt no connection to the player character because there wasn't one. It was supposed to be "you" and that didn't appeal to me.

Contessa and Mia Mesharad like this.
  25. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    So hold on...

Lucy tricked Desdmond, Shaun, and that chick into thinking she was an Assassin, but then Desmond killed her because of some insight that she was a Templar, right? Doesn't that make her a "double" agent? How is she a "triple" agent? Sorry, my brain is muddled by kids and lack of sleep. :(