main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New Canon Material (novels, TV shows, comics, games) and TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by EHT, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The reason that Sidious knew that Yoda was on Korriban is that Sidious always knows what is going on on Korriban. Sidious is a symbiote with the dark side and keeps himself attuned to what's going on on Korriban.

BigAl6ft6, Dra--- and Darth_Pevra like this.
  2. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    [​IMG]

No Cannon violations please!

Yancy

Arawn_Fenn and EHT like this.
  3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Up to a point - Exar Kun manages to throw Corran (and his bombs) around via telekinesis - but only when Corran enters his stronghold.

4000-odd years before that, Nadd apparently heals Kun.

4. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    That theory makes far more sense than one that involves contradicting most that was said in the very same episode.

darklordoftech likes this.
  5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Very good point Circular Logic. I thought from the very beginning that there was something more to the Sith spirits then mere illusions as Yoda seems to think they are. My interpretation of it is that the very reason why they have no power and are stuck there is also the reason why Sith supposedly can't become Force ghosts. Even in death they try to hold onto their physical forms and so they are stuck for eternity where their bodies rest and don't even realize that they're dead. It's only Yoda who calls them illusions so I think it's open to interpretation.

6. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Circular Logic

I get what you are saying, and I understand the logic behind it. I guess I want there to be some aspects of the Force to be separate for the Sith and the Jedi, and I'm clinging to the whole Force Ghosts is just a light side power, while physical immortality is a specific dark side power (that only one has attained [face_skull]).
    Would I be right in thinking Sith Spirits are a completely EU creation, and GL has gone on record before stating Sith cannot ghost?
    As you know, I believe the entire Yoda arc is mostly an EU writer fleshing out the cut, GL written, QGJ scene from RotS. I think it was more getting the method of ghosting across and into the story, but I'm still trying to reconcile how Yoda/Ben knew to grab Anakin quickly, and then teach him to boot.
    I guess it's just my own personal preference in regard to Jedi/Sith ghosts. Don't get me wrong, I shall accept it without prejudice if or when it happens, but right now I gotta stick with dead Sith are gone without influence on anything.
    I don't want the Jedi and the Sith to be the same in all but their morals.

Good post though [face_peace]

7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Or that the spirits didn't want Yoda to know that they could become more than they are.

8. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  9. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    The circular logic? :p

10. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I always figured the priestesses contacted Dooku and Sid so they could test Yoda. Or that the Sith could sense Yoda on Moraband due to their connections with the darkside. And Dooku said that he had a connection with Yoda. So yeah, all of this makes more sense than there being real Sith Spirits on Moraband. The priestesses tells us they've been behind everything -- everything includes contacting Sid/Dooku.

11. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    That night Darth Sidious stood alone on a balcony overlooking the city, a shadowy figure amid the multitude of twinkling lights, his visage dark and angry as he contemplated the loss of his apprentice. Years of training had gone into the preparation of Darth Maul as a Sith Lord. He had been more than the equal of the Jedi Knights he had faced and should have been able to defeat them easily. It was bad luck and chance that had led to his death, a combination that even the power of the dark side could not always overcome.

Not in the short run, at least.

His brow furrowed. It would be necessary to replace Darth Maul. He would need to train another apprentice. Such a one would not be easy to find.

Darth Sidious walked to the railing and put his hands on the cool metal. One thing was certain. Those responsible for killing Darth Maul would be held accountable. Those who had opposed him would not be forgotten. All would be made to pay.

His eyes glittered. Still, he had gotten what he wanted most from this business. Even the loss of Darth Maul was worth that.

- TPM novel

Also:

The ancient Dark Lord of the Sith lashed out with waves of blackness, driving long icicles of frozen poison into Luke's body.

The black serpentlike tentacles of evil force struck at him again and again, filling his body with a pain like lava coursing through his veins.

- Dark Apprentice

Darth_Downunder likes this.
  12. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Thanks for that!

Unfortunately it convinces me that TCW is complete BS though.

13. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The YA novelization of TPM also has Obi-Wan sense Maul's death.

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  14. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Even if they're not given the same level of importance as the Jedi and Sith, could we see other types of Force-users in the ST? TCW gave us Nightsisters and Bardottans, both of which I loved.

15. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    To be fair, the book was written with the pretext that Sidious and Palpatine were two different people. Palpatine would know Maul was dead without sensing it, due to being told about it. Not saying that he didn't sense it, but, we know that if he didn't, he found out eventually. Brooks was careful to not give anything away.

16. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    I think it would be cool, but it would have to serve some kind of plot point. Maybe one group sides with the Jedi or Sith, or remains neutral. That sort of thing.

I hope we see some new Force group in Rebels.

17. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    I posted this in another thread but I think this is relevant (if it has not already been said of course): the apparent renaming of Korriban to Morriband in CW could indicate it may be used in the ST because it avoids all the potential "baggage" associated with Korriban in the EU. A clean slate.

18. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    I would be shocked if we didn't have some kind of darkside planet in the ST, whether new, revised, or old.

19. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    This makes me wonder if any Sith of past eras will be referenced.

Darth_Pevra and Dra--- like this.
  20. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Agreed... and it would seem odd if the story took us to a darkside planet and the Sith were not to be involved in some form of anatagonistic role in the ST.

Dra--- likes this.
  21. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    And you guys are making it impossible for me not to think of the Purebloods or Massassi (or revised version) playing some kind of role if the above aspects happen. [face_devil]

Although I think purplerain is probably thinking of Darth Bane.

What if we were to learn in Rebels that Sidious was keeping some ancient Sith prisoner on Moraband/planet x? Maybe he can't destroy him but only imprison Bane (or a Bane like character)? Then we would have a direct line to the ST via Rebels, where logic suggests that this ancient Sith would have been freed with Sid's death?

Darkslayer and Darth Archimage like this.
  22. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    =D=
    What I actually had in mind is if Dromund Kaas appears, if somebody will say, "This was once the capital of the Sith Empire" or "Vitiate made this planet a place of an eternal thunderstorm."
    [face_devil]

Also, Rebels could reveal that the Rule of Two was dropped in between ROTS and ANH.

Dra--- likes this.
  23. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I would put my money on Bane, the founder of the new Sith order.

purplerain likes this.
  24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Prepare for the soul-crushing irony of the announcement that Mark Hamill does, indeed, return to reprise his former role in Episode VII... only that role is Darth Bane and not Luke Skywalker.

25. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Moraband is an almost certain now.

Dra--- likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.