main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource Looking for Fics?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jeditheskyisblue, Jan 25, 2004.

1. FARK2005

FARK2005 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    I haven't read much with Tarkin, but concerning Dooku

Coalesced Matter by Mirror and Image

and

The Finer Shades of Why by Yesac

comes to mind

pronker likes this.
  2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Thank you. I bookmarked them. :)

Anyone know the author of the Lure of the Dark Side?

3. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002

Of you're still looking... I tried Google and got the following link: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...st-update-wes-sister-comes-to-visit.10202365/

4. cje24576

cje24576 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 21, 2010
    I don't know if this is allowed, so if it's not, please point me to the right thread & feel free to delete this: I was wondering: I know there's a "Padme in another profession" challenge thread & fics, but I was wondering if there was a thread & fics for Anakin? Thanks.

5. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007

There are a few role reversal fics with both Padme and Anakin switching professions Padme becomes a Jedi and Anakin is the politician . I know of a few on ff.net a few are complete and others aren't or they only cover TPM.

6. cje24576

Aug 21, 2010
    I don't mean fics where they switch professions. I mean fics for a "Anakin in another profession" challenge (since I know they have this sort of challenge for Padme (an example fic is "lady luck" by "Jade_Max" where Padme is a smuggler)). I'm asking if there is the same challenge, but for Anakin? I hope you understand what I'm asking about now.

7. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007

If that is the case then I know of two where Anakin raced Pods. Both I am pretty sure were posted here but one of them wasn't finished. And if you are interested the first part of a rewrite was just finished where Anakin is a spacer teaching himself to use the Force on ff.net.

8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Any fics that have used any of: Gormak, Voss, Gree, Wardens of the Sky, Revwiens or Worrite?

9. ROTSFan

ROTSFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2006
    Sorry if this is a double post, and I don't know if this is the right thread, but does anyone know the location of any of my old fics?

Looking for these:

Reincarnation--After her death, Padme is cloned by her family and has a chance encounter with Vader after she has grown up. Cowritten and produced with dtdang2. Epic length alternate universe.

On Her Behalf--After the death of Senator Padme Amidala, her security head, Gregar Typho, is discharged by the Empire. He and his uncle, Panaka, former head of security for Amidala, launch a private investigation into her death to seek answers for their own resolution.

These Small Hours--ObiWan reflects on life, the downfall of his apprentice and friend, and his personal failures. ObiWan POV vignette songfic, based on the song Little Wonders by Rob Thomas.

Closer to You--Darth Vader reflects on life, love, and his downfall. Vader POV. A songfic, based on Closer To You by The Wallflowers. All characters belong to George Lucas.

10. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
  11. ROTSFan

ROTSFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2006
    Jedi Lover: OMG, you are awesome! I can't believe you found those so quickly. I'll try your technique, and please do let me know if you run across Reincarnation (the long, long one).

12. cje24576

Aug 21, 2010
    I was wondering:
    I'm not looking for an actual fic, I'd just like to know if anyone knows of fics with the following plot:
    fics about Anakin & Padme's wedding where it shows them actually using the alias "Set" & "Veré"? I'd prefer fics that don't mention the alias in past tense. Also, the fics can be from ANY website (even if the site has been taken down). Thanks.

13. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Weirdly enough, if you have a title or an author, I've found that the best way to find a fic is plain old google. That also captures the fics that are copied by archive sites like the wayback machine. But there's never been a really good way to find fics here - I need to get back to the Qui-Gon list, but that's only a tiny fraction of fics here and only one category.

What about the truncation problem? Even if we had a listing of older fics, they're still cut off (at least the ones I just tested on the Qui-Gon list were). Is it un-recoverable?

14. Annetta897

Annetta897 Jedi Padawan

Aug 2, 2013
    I'm looking for the fic Force help me she's pregnant. By Vaderlvr64.

15. erikuh_

erikuh_ Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2013
    I'm looking a fic I read that involved Siri getting Obi-Wan "drunk" so to speak on some sort of berries and it deals with him looking for a lost cloak afterwards and piecing together the night before. Thanks for any help :)

16. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    I'm looking for a Luke/Mara fic, they are (I think) in a secret relationship, Anakin survived ROTJ and is no longer in the Vader suit but is horribly scarred - he visits Luke and finds about him and Mara which causes problems.

17. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    erikuh_ That was a fine story: "About Last Night" by red_rose_knight.

18. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012

Here's an AU I did for Count Dooku's death.

Nine Words

19. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I'm looking for a fanfiction that was lost when the board transferred over to this server. The fic was Dark Mirror, by User Gandalf the Grey. I found the original fic here http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...llaeon-thrawn-others-complete.1235344/page-52

Unfortunately, the change-over left all of the posts cut in half. I read this one a long time ago and I really loved it. I would love to read it again, but in it's current state on the site, that's pretty much impossible. Are there any fans of this story that might have saved a copy for themselves and would be able to share it with me?

It really is an awesome story and I'd love to read it again.

Thanks,

20. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    So I guess no one knows where I can find this, huh?

21. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Tried searching for a sentence from the original thread with "quotes" around it. If the fic is anywhere searchable, that usually works. No dice this time. :(

22. cje24576

Aug 21, 2010
    Have you tried the Wayback archive? I've been able to find a bunch of stuff there (sometimes not the complete fics, but usually a lot of the chapters).

23. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    I thought I was the only one who knew that trick. Yeah, I tried that before and had no luck. I was hoping that there might be a user here that liked the fic enough to have made a PDF version of it. I know it's happened with other fics, so it was worth a shot. Maybe there are some fans of this out there that can help me out.

Kahara likes this.
  24. cje24576

Aug 21, 2010
  25. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Is that Trace and Rhonderoo's Circle of Light?

pronker likes this.