main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The new Illustrated Fact File seems to take a similar approach - referencing both the Multimedia Project and TCW when talking about Anakin.

2. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    So the one thing I don't know where to place is Obsession. Adi Gallia getting killed we can reinterpret as severely wounded (Grievous will just have to be happy with finishing off Master Bayts).

But what about Ventress? Going by that ending I can't see her going back to Dooku or him taking her back for that matter. I'm almost tempted to call that Ventress a clone that Dooku had ready and was using to lure Kenobi into a trap/ away from the real Ventress who was busy recuperating from what Anakin did to her. Apologies if this was resolved already and I just missed it.

3. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Speaking of Ventress in Obession....

Something I have always wondered is why she never went back to the planet she ruled? She was practically a messiah there. Seems like a pretty good retirement package to me.

Starkeiller and purplerain like this.
  4. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    We discussed Obsession some time back. It was decided that it could work as a story where the ending transitions into her bounty hunting phase, but after she meets the Nightsisters in s3. Exhausted from the last battle in s3, Dooku kidnaps her and brainwashes her to secretly try to get her back. It fails. She leaves and returns to Talzin after faking her death. Adi Gallia survives and is then permenantly killed in s5. This allows the ending to retain its original meaning, where she chooses to leave the war and never return, as she is only seen as a bounty hunter or Nightsister after these events. Why Anakin thinks her dead would be unknown... but those bits would probably have to be ignored, or you'd assume some unseen conflict between the two. Obi-wan still is interested in finding her though, since he realizes she's been cast out by Dooku, and could be saved.

It's not perfect, but I think it does the most to keep the idea behind obsession intact. It felt right when I read it with those ideas in mind too.

5. Darth_Garak

Jul 28, 2005
    Oh ok then, that does seem to work. Thanks for the explanation.

6. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    Also, don't forget the fact that Adi Gallia is a squid-like parasite worn as a hat that can survive the death of its human host.

NEVER forget that.

7. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    And what of my bro Alpha-17?

Revanfan1 likes this.
  8. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Who? What's his nickname as given by TCW?

9. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004

:(

Revanfan1 likes this.
  10. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    His Phase II appearance was always my favorite.

[​IMG]

Funny thing, it took me until about 2011 to realize that Alpha later got red-striped armor in his Phase I appearance. Alpha and Fordo were the Rex and Cody of my generation. I want to see more of those guys. :(

You know, the funny thing about them originally featuring Alpha but changing his name to Rex is that if they had done so, everyone probably would've freaked about his fate in Obsession being ruined, too. Adi, Ventress...Obsession was literally one character away from being annihilated from canon for good. But I still would've loved to see Alpha in TCW. Sure, I ended up loving Rex, but it would've been the ultimate nostalgia-gift to my 10-year-old self if Alpha had been in the show even once.

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Maybe it's because I read Republic so late, but I thought Alpha was just OK. Plenty badass, but not much more.

12. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    That's all you need!

13. Darth_Garak

Jul 28, 2005
    Not really CW related but I'm re-reading Outbound Flight and again I have to wonder what was the Council thinking? C'baoth a Master? I woulnd't give this guy the job of cleaning toilets let alone Jedi Master ... minions of Xendor were they all high on spice at the time? Why did they keep tolerating this arrogant voshtet?

Speaking off C'baoth, how do you think he'd have done during the Clone Wars? He'd make Krell look subtle probably.

werpudel and Revanfan1 like this.
  14. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    The old Thrawn Trilogy indicated that C'baoth just declared himself a "Master" - leading to Luke wondering about how that worked.

15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    That's so him.

16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    C'baoth didn't give a **** what the Council thought. If he said he was a Master, then he was.

And he and Krell would have either gotten along spectacularly or killed each other.

17. Darth_Garak

Jul 28, 2005
    If he declared himself a Master it still begs the question why Windu would put up with it instead of putt8ng C'baoth in his place. Because letting stuff like that go sets a dangerous precedent.

18. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    It seems that the early EU writers didn't envision the Jedi order as being quite so centralized as it came to be in the prequels.

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Windu may have tried. C'baoth would have given him the C'baoth version of "Go **** yourself."

20. Darth_Garak

Jul 28, 2005
    Now that is a scene I would like to see.

21. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    As much as their personalities lead me to believe they'd get along spectacularly, both of them have that absolute need to be THE man in charge that I believe one or both of them would be dead within ten seconds of their meeting.

Or maybe Krell was one of C'baoth's apprentices. *face goes pale*

22. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    [face_laugh]=D= Well said, Revanfan.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'd pay good money to see that as a spin-off. A dark version of Grumpy Old Men.

"Moron"

*Force-smack upside the head*

"Putz"

Darth_Garak and Revanfan1 like this.
  24. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I wonder if Joruus made a Kreell to go along with Luuke?

25. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Oh, no, please. No more clones. :p

Revanfan1 likes this.