main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub <=*=> The New Sith Order =*= Return of the Sith <=*=>... v.5

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Teegirloo, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Being as how far we were into the Hundred Years Darkness by the time of his life, it is quite likely he met with some dark influences, and he was a Jedi Master when he fell. His situation may have been similar to Lord Tyranus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I thought Ajunta Pall was the first of the Hundred-Year Darkness Dark Jedi. If he wasn't, did someone influence whoever the first was?

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The first were experimenting, before the Jedi evicted them from the Order. A junta Pall was the first Dark Lord of the Sith - he was the Dark Jedi leader at the end of the Hundred Year Darkness so it is unlikely he was alive at the start.

4. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    In that case I would love to learn about the very first.

5. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The Hundred Year Darkness was in 7003 BBY, and in that respect we had already had many Dark Jedi by that point.

The earliest incidences of Dark Jedi would be in the first Force War against the Rakata, the most prominent of which being Daegon Lok. Other prominent ones being Xendor and Arden Lyn during the first Great Schism.

I for one am most curious about the Third Great Schism which took place two hundred and fifty years before the rise of Exar Kun, which was after the mortal death of Freedon Nadd but subject to Sith influence according to the Book of Sith. It did seemingly not last long, with the Dark Jedi destroyed by the Celestial Cosmic Turbine on Vultar, but it heralded a torrent of disturbances that culminated in the Old Sith Wars..,

Iron_lord likes this.
  6. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Another question: Might Son of Mortis and/or Abeloth have been involved in the birth of the Sith (whether through the species or through the Dark Jedi)?

7. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I am tempted to suggest Son was involved, if only because the Celestials in Mortis have access to a Jedi comm code from 2000 BBY - the start of the New Sith Wars. Did Son have a chat with Phanius, who would become Darth Ruin? And as such, by implication, the Dark Jedi who started the Hundred Years Darkness? We already know Xendor met the Son, Daughter and Father...

... With regards to Abeloth, she should be locked up by no later than 25,200 BBY.

8. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Not impossible (there are some very old humans in the SW-verse) but - as you say, unlikely.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  9. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    I really want a comic or novel on the Second Great Schism. I want to know what caused the schism.

10. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Being as we're unsure how much of the EU is going to survive...

... I would like to see elements of the old continuity used though. Rebels is heap full of references so far, and all we have are snippets.

11. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Ajunta Pall appears and tells his story in KOTOR, so I figured that he would remain canon. Of course, which schism created the Sith could be changed. Speaking of which, is the Second Great Schism and/or the Hundred-Year Darkness referenced in TOR?

12. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    In TOTJ, it seems that Veitch intended for the Sith species to have revolted against the Jedi Exiles at the end of the Great Hyperspace War.

13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    It's in the timeline videos as I recall.

And intention is one thing - realities are another.

14. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    I know. I just thought it was a cool piece of trivia.

15. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I would wonder how the Sith could distinguish after nearly two millennia, to be honest.

It's not like the Keshri that couldn't interbreed...

16. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    The idea of the Sith species and Jedi exiles being isolated from the Republic might not have existed yet, and if it did, it seemed that there was supposed to be a group that refused to interbreed.

17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    And canon latter worked it that this group had left Sith Space pretty early on, under command of Dreypa (and Tulak Hord perhaps), a portion of which had crashed on Kesh.

purplerain likes this.
  18. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    I was actually referring to a group of members of the Sith species, although I suppose the story could have been distorted over time, with the exiles and Sith species getting swapped and Dreypa getting replaced with Sadow.

19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    That works. Not that it's entirely clear if Sadow is alive in some shape or form as of ToR. He came back in one of the timeline videos as a spirit possessing a Padawan, so we had to assume Freedon Nadd killed Sadow's body after awakening it from stasis.

purplerain likes this.
  20. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    I'd love a comic on Darth Sion during the Great Sith War.

21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    That would be awesome.

I do wonder when he became a Darth though.

Interestingly we have several Darth's in Revan's upper echelons. Darth Revan leads Malak, Bandon, Sion, Voren and Glovoc. All were Darth's.

Also amusingly is that this issue is covered in the opening blurb of KotoR, as Malak is described as Revan's surviving apprentice...

purplerain likes this.
  22. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    I would bet that Traya gave him (and Nihilus) the Darth title. There's no evidence that the Brotherhood of the Sith used the Darh title.

Something else I'm wondering is how Kun discovered him. Was he a Krath, was he a Jedi, or did Kun discover him on his own?

Sinrebirth likes this.
  23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    That's a good point. He could have been any... A humanoid Sith Marauder is all we know.

Curiously it was a name that the Sith mole in the Jedi Covenant, Haazen, debated about. So I wonder whether Sion met Haazen during the Great Sith War, and if so whether he was Darth Sion then.

purplerain likes this.
  24. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Sinrebirth, what are your thoughts on Ragnos saying, "In my time, as the Republic drives us to extinction,"?

Sinrebirth likes this.
  25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I took that to mean the time in which he was representing. Potentially the amulets were created after his death by Kressh's successors - Ragnos seems to have became the premier Sith Ghost after his death, speaking on behalf of the Valley to Plagueis and Sidious...

purplerain likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.