main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **The New Jedi Trials Version 3.0**

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Rainbow Knight Star, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    Long, long ago, in a forum far, far away called the Star Wars Community, a Jedi order began. It was led by the wise and powerful Darth-Horax. It was a beautiful and great, shining light to every part of that forum.
    Dark times came, and fell upon the SWC Jedi Trials, and the order died.

Then, hope was restored, and a new beacon of light shone in the Star Wars Community. The new Jedi Trials founded and led by Grand Master Chukles38brought life back to the Jedi traditions.

Master Chukles38 was unable to continue his leadership, so the wise and strong DarthIntegral led the order on for a time.

Then, Master Integral became ill, and was unable to fulfill his duties any longer. The most loyal of the Jedi was a young woman, who was a Jedi Master named Ree. Her love for and dedication to the order so greatly impressed Master DarthIntegral, that he appointed her as the new Grand Master of the New Jedi Trials.

Under Master Ree’s leadership, the New Jedi Trials grew, and everyone who came to know the beautiful, sweet, kind, strong, courageous and wise Jedi leader loved her. Though she spoke with authority, her gentle ways captured the hearts of all those under her guidance.

Then, mysteriously, the much loved Grand Master disappeared, and a new individual now stands in her place.
    Though none of the Jedi Trials orders or their leaders will be forgotten, it is the will of the Light Side of the Force that the New Jedi Trials move forward.

Greetings, I am Master Rainbow Knight Star, the new Grand Master of the New Jedi Trials Version 3.I was honored to be Master Ree’s padawan, and even greater is the honor to accept such an important position.

I look forward to the wonderful times and challenges that lie ahead for both the order, and me.

No order can function without rules, so here they are.

New Jedi Trials Version 3 Rules:

How to Play:

The New Jedi Trials is a game in which individuals who wish to become Jedi can do so by completing a series of tasks. Initiates must complete two initiation tasks before they become padawans, then they are assigned a master, who assigns them anywhere from 7 to 10 tasks. Upon completion of these tasks, the padawan is knighted.

After a Knight has trained at least one padawan, they are promoted to the rank of Jedi Master. However, only a select few are chosen to hold a seat on the Jedi Council.
    There can only be one Grand Master, who runs the Jedi order.

Joining the order and Rejoining the Order:

1. If anyone wishes to join the New Jedi Trials V3, no post count is required. However, they must complete the following initiation tasks.

Initiation Task 1: In two short paragraphs, explain why you wish to become a Jedi, and join the New Jedi Trials V3.

Initiation Task 2: Explain each line of the Jedi code.

2. All individuals wishing to join / rejoin the order must begin or restart as an initiate.

3. No Jedi Council Forums member who belongs to the Acolytes of Darkness or any other Sith order on these boards, or who has been banned from this thread may join the New Jedi Trials V3.

4. Socks are also prohibited from joining the NJt.

5. No Acolytes of Darkness member may join using a sock. Anyone caught doing so will be dealt with by the moderators.

Picture Policy:

Please, remember, that when assigning and doing tasks, that there is a four pictures per post limit.
    It is strongly suggested that users should post their pictures as

Socializing:

While socializing is allowed, it should be kept to a minimum. This is a game thread, so the majority of posts should be meaningful.

Conduct:

1. The moderators of this forum are to be treated with the utmost respect and courtesy at all times. They are the leaders of the Star Wars Community, and have the final say in all things.

2. Please Keep all posts within the Jedi Council Forum rules, SWC Rules and TOS.

3. All visitors to this thread are to be treated with courtesy and respect.

4. No fighting or bickering within this order will be tolerated. If an NJT member has a problem with a fellow NJT member, take the matter to PM, and if it cannot be resolved between them, then invite the Grand Master or a moderator into the conversation to help settle the issue. Do not bring it in here.
    Please, respect the opinions, beliefs and views of fellow members.
    Flaming, baiting and trolling will not be tolerated.

5. Posting within the Acolytes of Darkness Sith Order without permission is forbidden. Anyone caught doing so will be dealt with by the moderators of this forum. This is to protect the friendly rivalry between both orders. The members of the AOD respect us enough to leave us alone, so let’s show them the same courtesy.

6. There is to be no animosity outside of this thread toward the members of the Acolytes of Darkness. They are individuals just like us, and deserve to be respected and treated as such. Only within our game threads are we Jedi and Sith.

Training:

1. An Initiate is a new member of the Jedi Order. Every Initiate must complete the two Initiation Tasks before being promoted to the rank of Padawan, and assigned a master. An initiate strives to learn the Jedi Code, and to keep it.

2. A Padawan is a student who studies the ways of the Light Side of the Force under the guidance of a master, who is a Knight, Master, Council Member or even the Grand Master. They are obedient to their master, and remain true to the Jedi Code. Padawans must complete 7 to 10 tasks before being promoted to the rank of Jedi Knight, and their last task is constructing their own lightsaber.

3. A Jedi Knight is a warrior who fights for peace and justice, and upholds the Jedi Code. Jedi Knights are required to train at least one padawan before being promoted to the rank of Jedi Master.

4. Jedi Masters are teachers, and must conduct themselves in a manner that makes them a good and right example for all members of the order by obeying the Jedi Code, but especially those of the lower ranks, who look to them for guidance and advice, since they also train Padawans.

5. A Jedi Council Member is a member of the governing body of the order, and they are expected to follow the Jedi Code, and behave themselves in a manner that has a positive influence upon everyone in the NJT. Not only do they train padawans, but they assist in the altering and creating of rules, as well as enforcing the rules. Councilors are also the ones who are peace keepers of the order. When problems arise, a Councilor does all they can to solve them.

6. The Grand Master is the leader of the Jedi Order, and everyone looks to them for direction, and to set a good and right example that others will want to follow. They follow the Jedi Code, as well as being considerate, kind, gentle, wise, strong, courageous, sensitive to the feelings and needs of others, but yet they are firm, speak with authority, and know how to stand their ground when necessary.

Classes/Discussions:

Within the New Jedi Trials Version 3, classes, or discussions will be held on such topics as Jedi History, the Force, and more. Throughout these classes, there will be assignments to complete, such as a biography on a Jedi, an essay on a planet, or an essay on a conflict in a certain era. Any rank from Initiate through Master may accept and complete these tasks.

This game is meant to be fun, so let’s allow the fun to commence.

2. Nadia-Oomia

Nadia-Oomia Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2009
    First post!
    I apologize for my absence in the last couple of days. I keep being pushed over the cliff of too much homework and dumped into the abyss of school that it makes it difficult to crawl back out and seek refuge in the temple.

I propose a toast to the new thread and the new grand master! *raises glass*
    May we be successful in bringing not only activity to our humble temple, but to also further promote peace throughout the galaxy

3. Shira A'dola

Shira A'dola Jedi Master star 6

Sep 4, 2012
    So erm...would I be considered an initiate or a padawan?

4. Nadia-Oomia

Jan 4, 2009
    If you were previously a padawan and can provide what your last task was you can continue your training as a padawan. But if these items can not be provided you will start as an initiate. :)

5. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Hello, and welcome to the new thread, Nadia and Shira.

@Shira-A'dola Do you remember your rank before you left?

Nadia-Oomia Thank you for the toast.

There are two more reasons to celebrate in this thread.

1. Because of her contributions and dedication to the New Jedi Trials, Master Ree will be an honorary Council member.

2. Nadia-Oomia was a great encouragement and help to me over the last few days. Therefore, she will be receiving a double promotion. First, to the rank of Jedi Master for her demonstration of the ability to teach by training a padawan. She has shown that great knowledge and wisdom of the ways of the Light Side of the Force, as well as understanding lie within her. and
    Second, Because of her dedication to the New Jedi Trials, wisdom and strength in the Force, It is my pleasure to bestow upon her the position of Council Member.

Congratulations, Master Nadia-Oomia!

=D=

:)

Kato Sai likes this.
  6. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    I was Padawan before I left

7. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    @Shira-A'dola

Do you remember how many tasks you completed?

8. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    No. I went through a lot of Masters.

9. Nadia-Oomia

Jan 4, 2009
    Thank you, Grand Master. I gleefully and joyously accept these positions with pride. I hope to do this temple justice and give it the recognition that it deserves.
    Thank you for this opportunity, and I hope to continue to show you that it will not be squandered. :)

Kato Sai likes this.
  10. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I seem to recall that there was a revolving door in the training process, so it may be best to start with a clean slate on those sorts of things.

11. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Hello, and thank you for your wise words, Master Gunny.

Shira A'dola

Please complete the two initiation tasks.

12. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    The more I think about it, the more that makes sense. We want to avoid problems.

13. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I think it would be prudent to have a new roster. What do you think, Rainbow Knight Star?

Basically, we're calling roll to see who's here. :)

As far as I know:

Grandmaster:
    RKS

Council Members:
    Ree (honorary)
    Myself
    Nadia

Currently Placing on the Roster:

Shira
    JM1511

14. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    So, everyone who wants to join or rejoin the order should just start over to avoid confusion then?

15. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Yes...with the exception of a small cadre of counsel members that Gunny proposed above

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

16. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Then the rule should be changed, and the one about knights deleted.

All individuals who wish to join the New Jedi Trials must begin as initiates.

Bazinga'd

Will you please change that? The numbers of the rules will need to be changed as well.

17. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Done

18. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    [:D]

Thank you so much, Baz.

You are being such a great help.

Bazinga'd

19. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    So am I still a Master or what? I am so confused.

20. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
  21. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    I never really left the Order... I've been a Padawan.

It's sad to see the thread locked, but I hope this faction can flourish again under your leadership, Rainbow Knight Star. :)

22. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Don't worry. We're still hashing things out. Padawan4687

23. Nadia-Oomia

Jan 4, 2009
    Yeah #Hashingthingsout .............I couldn't resist. :p

The Vanguard likes this.
  24. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    #Newjeditrials

There, I said it.

Kato Sai and Nadia-Oomia like this.
  25. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    May I ask This seems like fun but before i join a few questions?:
    Is this Roleplaying proper- total strict rules etc.
    Is the first task In universe or out of universe? I don't remember any jedi saying they wanted to become a jedi and just got to - you either had it or you didn't!
    Do i need an extensive knowledge of the EU?
    Does it matter how long i can be here? i won't be here frequently.
    Does it matter if we like sith characters?
    Can i join despite my user name? I like the character and Zabraks in general. (Eeth Koth as an Icon. This is my Internet name and icon.
    Is the leader named after Game Of Thrones? Renly's Rainbow Guard?
    Please tag me if you reply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.