main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Gaming Diagon Alley: The Official Harry Potter Thread/Hogwarts Legacy

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kessel Runner, Jul 26, 2001.

1. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    True, I forgot about her. Put her on number 3. :p The rest of my points still stand, though.

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    They should've just had it so Harry would've been played by Arnold, Ron by Bruce Willis, and Hermione by Stallone for all 8 movies.

3. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    And Voldemort is Nicholas Cage.

Rew likes this.
  4. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  5. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GODDAMNED PARENTS

6. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012

Some casts are weird especially Lucius as Legolas? But it's very well made.

timmoishere likes this.
  7. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    Throughout March, JK has been adding various Qudditch aspects onto Pottermore, including a History of the World Cup portion and highlight events of matches taking place before during and after the series, including the one seen in Goblet of Fire and World Cup matches that took place during the "19 year gap" in 1998, 2002, 2006, and 2010.

In the Potterverse, 2014 will have one as well and throughout April, JK will be writing regular "reports" on Pottermore on World Cup updates.

Competing teams are Brazil, Bulgaria, Chad, Fiji, Germany, Haiti, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Japan, Lichtenstein, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Poland, United States, and Wales. A major thing to note is that Viktor Krum will come out of retirement (By this time his nearing his 40's) to play for Bulgaria. The first match will be held at the Patagonian Desert.

You can't help but laugh at, yet support, world building like this. Unrelated, but also talking about sports, is an entry that discusses how many wizards in the Potterverse have a love for Scottish Rubgy. Much like McGonagall's and Lupin's backstory, it's pretty heartwarming.

There's also a funny bit where real life Rugby players Kelly Brown, Jim Hamilton and Stuart Hogg are cited to be possible Squibs and even tying Brown and Hamilton to Lavender Brown & Hagrid respectively. Angus Buchanan's story on Pottermore is also pretty heartwarming until you actually look up and realize that Angus Buchanan was a real rugby player in real life too.

8. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    They also announced that Fantastic Beasts will be a movie trilogy, and set 70 years before Harry Potter.

9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Emma Watson wants to be in it somehow.

10. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    Trilogy huh? Fine enough.

If Emma Watson will be in it, a framing device will have to be used for Hermione to be in it. Maybe if Fantastic Beasts is told in flashbacks or something.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  11. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I think she's open to playing a Granger in the 1920's or something.

12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I can see it now: mother-Hermione reading her favorite textbook chapters to her children before bed.

I hope we get a trilogy about the fungus book next.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  13. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Obviously, Hermione and a bunch of Death Eaters who are riding a dragon get sucked into a black hole which teleports them back into time. Hermione arrives at a later point after these Death Eaters, the lead being played by Eric Bana have dealt serious damage to Gringotts killing James Potter who sacrifices himself in order for Lily to get away as she is giving birth to Harry. He flies his broomstick into the dragon.

Oh and did I mention there will be lens flares?

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Fantastic Beasts is a damn textbook.

I don't care how interested I am in a subject, I don't want to watch a six-hour video about my textbook.

15. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    This might be better as a tv series.

16. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    HBO with gratuitous nudity and violence FTW!

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    There's pretty much nobody in Harry Potter that I want to see naked.

18. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It will probably be an all-new storyline that simply showcases many of the creatures described in the book.

19. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    It's Newt Scamander doing the research for his book, and at least part of it will take place in 20s New York. So it's roaring dragons in roaring twenties with hopefully wizard-gangsters and everything else we remember about the 20s with wizards.

20. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    This is going to be fun if true.

21. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I have a bad feeling about this, it might turn out to be something like the Hobbit or SW prequel, very successful in the box office but not as good as the OT/LotR trilogy.

22. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Didn't Emma Watson want to get over from the Hermione character to prevent being a typecast?

23. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Daniel Radcliffe.

24. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

Right, that's why he did Equus. You know, in case, you were interested in looking at Harry's wand. :p

25. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    wouldn't a granger in the 20's just be some random muggle? it would be kind of lame to shoehorn that into the story. flashes of darth vader building c-3po.