main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Sabine

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by newdawn12, Feb 16, 2014.

1. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
  2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Whoa, triple post.

But cool helmet! :cool:

3. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    The Post Reply button seemed to be sticky

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    When in doubt, just press it once. ;)

5. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    When in anger, press multiple times.

6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Dun do that, that'll crash the system bro and then I'm going to go all crazy Mandalorian armor chick who likes explosives on you. >D

Cool Helmet, she's got those jaig eyes going on like Rex. Actually the top line of the visor reminds me vaguely of the original pink ranger. I approve.

7. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Is Filoni developing a thing for owls now? Bo-Katan was leader of the "Nite Owls," and Sabine has large owl-like eyes painted atop her helmet.

QuangoFett and Revanfan1 like this.
  8. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I see what you mean, but I'm not seeing actual jaig eyes, myself, rather a personalized sigil designed by our young artist, who happened to decorate a similar area of the helmet. The design just looks too different to me.

Although, if I'm mistaken, and these are indeed meant to be a representation of genuine jai'galaar'la sur'haii'se awarded by a Mandalorian chieftain for outstanding bravery, I'd be very interested in learning what Wren did to earn the honor.

9. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Plus, the more stylized visor is reminiscent of an owl, at least to me. At the very least, a bird of prey.

As to whether or not they're stylized Jaig eyes, I'm not sure, but if they are they'll doubtless play into her backstory. I should hope so, anyways. Something like that should be explained for a character like this. For Rex, it was easy to say "oh, it was just a symbol of valor from battles past" but with Sabine, I think it'd be important to say where they came from.

Contessa and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  10. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Developing? Have you seen the way this guy talks about certain animals? :p

Somehow, I think the name "Wren" might be inadvertently linked to some other aspect of her character. The Latin word for wren is regulus, which is obviously linked to the Latin word for king, rex. Even in other European languages, the word for wren is often derived from words associated with royalty. Even if she didn't get anything else (say, her Asian-Pacific genes) from a certain TCW "king", she does coincidentally have his Jaig eyes.

Also, Christopher Wren was a famous architect. He built stuff. Sabine Wren destroys stuff.

Seerow likes this.
  11. Sir Chem

Sir Chem Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 26, 2013
    Or, y'know. It could be the bird. The entire first page of a Yahoo search for wren is birds...

QuangoFett likes this.
  12. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    With Filoni confirming that Jango is not a Mandalorian as far as Lucas is concerned and that the dialogue with Almec was included specifically to show this, I'm guessing that doesn't bode well for the True Mandalorians (I just read through the Mandalorian wiki article and some associated articles, so it's entirely possible I'm missing some details).

What Almec says makes it sound like there are only the Death Watch - i.e. those Mandalorians that want to raid, pillage and fight wars - and the New Mandalorian pacifists. What he says in writing Jango off as a common bounty hunter (in addition to Filoni confirming that Jango wasn't considered a Mandalorian to Lucas), that doesn't seem to jive with Jaster's Supercommando Codex in leaving a whole lot of room for Mandalorian mercs or the True Mandalorians.

Now they could perhaps hold to the Mandalorian Protectors as incorporating Bo's faction and that Sabine is part of this new group. And I'm kind of guessing that will be the case since the artwork for future TCW seasons indicated that Ahsoka was going to appoint Bo-Katan provisional leader, which seems like it would put the planet back in the hands of the warriors, but that seems ridiculous, if they are still very much war mongers. So, I'm assuming Bo-Katan's faction is reformed, and whether or not they decide to call themselves Death Watch, or the Mandalorian Protectors, or something new, I'm guessing Sabine's going to be part of Bo's reformed faction.

According to the Wook, the Supercommando Codex involved the idea that should a Mandalorian want to fight, they should hire themselves out as mercs rather than raiding. And even if the True Mandalorians get de-canonized, the Mandalorian Protectors are said to pretty much be made in their image.

So, I'd be curious as to whether or not Sabine is a warrior that is very much dedicated to helping out the Ghost's crew. Or if she's someone that is actually collecting a pay check to help them out though will become attached to them and become more selfless over time?

I.E. Is she going to be Mando-Leia going through Han's character arc?

13. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    I'd like to think that idiotic retcon of Lucas' can and will be ignored by future writers.

TKT, podjazd, Contessa and 2 others like this.
  14. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003

I'm questioning whether they will, just because Filoni could have said as much. Instead he just kind of washed his hands of it and said he doesn't like ruining fans' visions (or however he phrased it). I'm anticipating that a lot of this stuff is going to sit in limbo until Marvel picks up the comics, I don't know if any Jango tales are really going to be on the horizon between now and then.

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm betting alot of stuff gets shelved and sat on for a long, long time. Weisman's kinda got the curse where his stuff seems to get canceled or shelved. Just sayin' Back to Sabine.

16. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Meh I am pretty sure order of importance goes Movies > TV Shows > Books > Comics so I doubt the comics will be setting up the EU. I base this on viewership.

17. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    Story Group, everything will be on the same level from now on.
    Sabine will be in books, comics, and she may appear in live action someday.

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Order of importance is which characters sell. If Sabine sells, we'll see her everywhere. If not she'll end up like Venus.

19. Mandalorian DeathStroke

Mandalorian DeathStroke Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2014
    She is pretty darn cute, eh? I mean, I'm no perv, but I'd tap her. Iv'e got a fetish for mandalorians (Like the redhead in SWTOR trailer ;) ).

I've also got a fetish for BA women. =D= So I think I'm gonna love her.

Also, has anyone noticed that her ass is always....... let's say....prominent xD in the pictures? Lol
    I'm 14, with those hormones acting up, so cut me some slack, please, mate :D
    I love Star Wars..... :)

20. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Um . . . Ok . . .

Also,
    [youtube]

21. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Like Venus? The Venus de Milo? You mean, if enough action figures of Sabine aren't sold, Weisbergoni will slice off her arms and leave them unreplaced through the rest of the show?

Or Botticelli's Venus, perhaps? Stranded by her crewmates on a shell with just her hair for company?

Er... how would that solve the problem of her not selling enough action figures exactly?

22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Man being not even named right is a bad place to start. Stranded on a shell couldn't be more appropriate. xD

23. Sir Chem

Sir Chem Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 26, 2013
    I am so ashamed I know what you're talking about...

24. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Am I the only one that is not a fan of this character?

FRAGWAGON and TaradosGon like this.
  25. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003

It's too seen to tell. I'll give all the characters a shot when the show is released, and I'll eat my words if I end up liking Ezra and Sabine, but both of these characters (Ezra more so than Sabine) seem like they'll annoy me more than anything.